2024 Nautilus -- Feedback for Ford/Lincoln Management

4 hours ago, brucelinc said:

I would have preferred the Continental go a bit more toward the 4 door "coupe" profile....like this BMW 8 series.

image.png.e47b0d7fcb1cad1258a8766b47e04bbb.png

Totally agree.  I think it would have sold better.  Additionally, I don’t think Lincoln has done the best job of translating concepts to production either, which isn’t helpful.   

• Like 1

Edit: I misread the thread. Disregard. Thought my Photoshop was mistaken for a BMW. Apologies.

But yeah I would have liked a more 4 door coupe style sedan too in addition to the more traditional style Continental

Edited by matt6

On 7/19/2023 at 12:55 PM, Andrew L said:

Here's my attempt at photoshopping the 13 MKS grill into the 13 MKZ for what it's worth.  Apparently this is what it was going to look like before Wolff changed it.  Personally I think the horizontal bars was the right move.

mkzverticlegrill.jpg

I've just never loved the MKZ. The back end is razor sharp, and the front end is this rounded blob. Always looked like two cars smashed together to me. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 7:51 AM, brucelinc said:

I had a Continental from 2017 until late 2021.   While the styling was not offensive, I thought it was much too bland.     While the failure of the Continental could easily be blamed on consumer's move to utility vehicles, it also was not special enough in any way to attract many new  buyers.  

Agreed, the last continental looked a bit like a stretched 2010 Camry to me it terms of it's basic profile, and things like the headlights. If Lincoln were to ever bring back a sedan as an EV, they need to go super bold like these l100 sketches. 

Lincoln-Model-L100-Exterior-Sketch-2-600x240 (1).jpg

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:59 PM, DeluxeStang said:

I've just never loved the MKZ. The back end is razor sharp, and the front end is this rounded blob. Always looked like two cars smashed together to me. 

I owned a 13 and now have a 17.  I really like the 17-20 front end a lot better than the split wing grill.  The 13-16 is fine IMO but it reminds me a bit too much of cars from the 40s with that bath tub look.  I think the more formal front end makes the overall package look better.  I am probably in the minority on that since I know a lot of folks like the 13-16 better but just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

I owned a 13 and now have a 17.  I really like the 17-20 front end a lot better than the split wing grill.  The 13-16 is fine IMO but it reminds me a bit too much of cars from the 40s with that bath tub look.  I think the more formal front end makes the overall package look better.  I am probably in the minority on that since I know a lot of folks like the 13-16 better but just my 2 cents.

I also prefer the 17-20 MKZ front end.  I was disappointed they did nothing to refresh the rear, because I think it could have looked great if they had made the rear design language better match the front - such as take some cues from the Continental's rear.  I don't know if they were locked in with hardpoints or just didn't have enough budget, but I agree with the comment that it looks like the front and rear for both MKZ generations were designed by different people.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 10:57 AM, silvrsvt said:

My experience with a Dodge Caliber rental refutes that...not to mention all the issues with various Nissan, Honda and whoever elses CVTs I see crop up on social media all the time. 

I actually owned a Caliber...  A 2007 RT and it was a credit building car for me. It was not a great car but for 25K I couldn't complain.  The CVT was made by Jatco and was the same you would find in the Nissans. The caliber was a world car so everything in it was shared by other auto manufacturers. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought a 2024 Nautilus with  203A and jet package. The brakes were replaced at 383km (currently at 485km). Also, it’s a big technological step up from my 2020 Aviator. The entire dash is Information overload, difficult to navigate and requires tons of patience. This car is not for you if you’re not tech savvy. 

I had a 2011 MKX, a 2015 MKX, and currently have a 2019 Nautilus. They were reliable and very comfortable crossovers. I was considering a 2024 Nautilus until I found out that it will be manufactured in China. I am Canadian living near the Oakville plant that assembled the Lincoln MKX/Nautilus and the Ford Edge. Now that the Edge has been discontinued for North America, until an Edge EV can be built for our market, Lincoln, in their wisdom, decided to latch onto the 2024 Nautilus Chinese market production for the Canadian and US market Ford?Lincoln show no loyalty for North American workers, I will be considering a Cadillac product.

Edited by Ex Lincoln Owner
mistake

9 hours ago, Ex Lincoln Owner said:

I had a 2011 MKX, a 2015 MKX, and currently have a 2019 Nautilus. They were reliable and very comfortable crossovers. I was considering a 2024 Nautilus until I found out that it will be manufactured in China. I am Canadian living near the Oakville plant that assembled the Lincoln MKX/Nautilus and the Ford Edge. Now that the Edge has been discontinued for North America, until an Edge EV can be built for our market, Lincoln, in their wisdom, decided to latch onto the 2024 Nautilus Chinese market production for the Canadian and US market Ford?Lincoln show no loyalty for North American workers, I will be considering a Cadillac product.

I understand.  I’m hoping the Chinese production is a stopgap measure until they can prepare a NA production location.  Time will tell I suppose. 

• Like 1