Chrysler Halcyon EV Concept

rmc523

54 minutes ago, Dequindre said:

Bleh - too anonymous for my tastes. I would prefer something distinctive like the 300. 

That's basically what this, an eye catching flagship model. Most of this tech won't transfer, but much of the design likely will. It looks quite good and properly sleek to my eyes. 

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

That's basically what this, an eye catching flagship model. Most of this tech won't transfer, but much of the design likely will. It looks quite good and properly sleek to my eyes. 

What about the concept do you find eye catching? It looks like every other vaporware EV sedan/coupe concept to me. Chrysler has so much interesting design heritage to dip into, so I find the anonymous looks a little disappointing. 

1 hour ago, sullynd said:

Recent Stelantis concept vs reality. 

IMG_9316.jpeg

IMG_9314.jpeg

Yeah, this was a heartbreaking transition from concept to reality. The concept was amazing, I still recall ram lying and saying it was essentially the same as the production truck. Easily the dumbest product reveal I've seen in some time. Not only because the production version was so much worse than the concept, but because they also revealed the production truck about a month after the concept. So this incredible concept was still fresh in people's minds when they revealed the terrible production version, which made it look even worse by comparison.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tbone said:

It didn’t really translate well did it.

It didn't translate at all. Aside from the lights, none of what the concept offered carried over. Incredibly dumb choice by ram. Can you tell I hate the production version? I hate it, did I mention I hate it?

6 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

It didn't translate at all. Aside from the lights, none of what the concept offered carried over. Incredibly dumb choice by ram. Can you tell I hate the production version? I hate it, did I mention I hate it?

Personally I much prefer the production version.  But that’s just me…..

13 hours ago, tbone said:

It didn’t really translate well did it.

The problem with it was they just graphed the concept's lights onto the current model and pretended it was cool.

The funny thing is, they had that Airflow concept which looked nice, and basically ready for production, and scrapped it to make this concept.

Chrysler Teases New Airflow as 2022 New York Auto Show Concept

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The problem with it was they just graphed the concept's lights onto the current model and pretended it was cool.

The funny thing is, they had that Airflow concept which looked nice, and basically ready for production, and scrapped it to make this concept.

Now that I like!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Losing the Airflow was a disappointment. It's a nice looking vehicle.

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I think that is a great looking vehicle, at least from this angle. 

Of course I didn’t mind the Ram concept either though.  I thought it had appropriate styling for a next generation type vehicle.  

4 hours ago, akirby said:

You’re joking, right?

Ok maybe I am smoking something....LOL

from the angle posted it looked more vertical then it actually is.

It could be related to the Wagoneer S EV, but I think that is larger vehicle. But at this point it doesn't even matter because it got scrapped. 

a black car parked on a white surface

I really liked the Airflow and I hate the Halcyon. The Airflow looked like it could easily be sold in Europe as a Peugeot or Opel model. The airflow's Chrysler almost logo looks like a batman logo in that picture too, even though the Halcyon looks like a Batmobile after a serious accident.

• Like 1