Rivian Unveils R2 and R3

Rivian is going in a great styling direction, I like what I see here. I'm curious, seeing as the R1S and R1T were so similar, do you guys think the R2 and R3 could end up sharing their platforms and sheet metal with ranger and maverick sized utes? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Rivian is going in a great styling direction, I like what I see here. I'm curious, seeing as the R1S and R1T were so similar, do you guys think the R2 and R3 could end up sharing their platforms and sheet metal with ranger and maverick sized utes? 

Maybe, as an extended cab on the R2. The R1T already has a box under 5 ft long and 7ft with the tailgate down. 

9 hours ago, tbone said:

Rivian styling is decent, but I’m starting to get tired of the front end styling even though it hasn’t really been out that long.

I like it better in person. That rear end, especially on the R3 though, oof. Not a fan of that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, akirby said:

Never liked it.  

I'm conflicted on it. On one hand, it's very hard to strike a balance between clean, and expressive design, yet they seemed to have pulled it off, so props to them there. On the other hand, this trend of full width light bars is already starting to look dated, but they decided to make it part of their core design language, which is a mistake imo. I believe that will date the designs quite noticably as time goes on.

I would have preferred if instead of a front light bar, it was that same basic shape, but filled in with some sort of blacked out contrasting material instead to break up the front end. 

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I like it better in person. That rear end, especially on the R3 though, oof. Not a fan of that. 

It's definitely different, but I am digging the concaved surfacing on the lift gate around the taillight. It keeps it from being too flat and gives the surface more dimension and character. But it will take some time to get used to. 

Edited by DeluxeStang

On 3/7/2024 at 3:45 PM, silvrsvt said:

How big are they? The R3 reminds me of the Edges greenhouse 

It reminds me of the Plymouth Horizon/Dodge Omni/Peugoet 402 and a little of the VW Rabbit and AMC Gremlin. But unlike all those other cars, I really like this!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

It reminds me of the Plymouth Horizon/Dodge Omni/Peugoet 402 and a little of the VW Rabbit and AMC Gremlin. But unlike all those other cars, I really like this!

Yeah that too...I don't see the Gremlin in it but I do see the influence of the Omni and Rabbit