-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
By twintornados · Posted
Other that not seeing them everywhere after you bought one.....🤣 -
Apparently gasoline isn't expensive enough yet. Why? Because 1) I continue to see fuel-guzzling pickup trucks racing up to red lights, then flooring it at green lights. Then they hit a lane of backed up traffic on a 4-lane secondary road so I pass them in my lane and wave to them! What did they gain? NOTHING! It takes a lot more fuel to bring a vehicle up to speed from a DEAD stop rather than a slow roll. I know when the lights are going to turn green and red. It also wears your brakes out sooner bringing a 1 or 2 ton vehicle to a DEAD stop. 2) On the highways they're doing 80 MPH. Then they hit a backup and I drive past them in my lane and wave! 3) I see my neighbors using their remote starters to start their cars when the outside temp is 55 to 75 degrees F! You're kidding, right? You mean they can't handle that range for a few minutes while driving? Even if it's colder or warmer than that range, the car will be comfortable after 5 to 7 minutes unless it's much below freezing outside! In extremely cold weather, I let the engine run for a minute, then SLOWLY proceed down my street. In summer, drive with the windows down initially; you'll get a little breeze. Yep, I wish gas was $10 a gallon. THEN we'd see a change in driving habits..........maybe. I shift into neutral on 6% or less downhill grades but only on dry pavement. My RPM's go down to 1000 or less. On some stretches of highway I can maintain 60 MPH for a mile and on secondary roads an average of 45 MPH for up to a half mile. I only recommend this for the experienced driver. I also back into parking stalls so it takes less time to pull out because you can see if any cars are coming more easily, thereby reducing creep time so less fuel consumption. It adds up over time. If possible I pull through a parking stall into the next one so sometimes I don't have to back in! If I do have to BACK in, it saves gas pulling out forward and safer because it's better to back in between two STATIONARY vehicles than back into MOVING traffic. When I'm lined up with where I'm going to park, I shut off the engine and coast the final 10 to 25 feet. I still have ample braking and steering capabilities since it's a hydraulic system. Can you do that with electric steering and/or braking in ICE cars? Anyway, the result? My car is only supposed to get 25 MPG avg., but I can eke out 31 MPG quite often. I've been known to get 125K -- sometimes more -- miles on a set of brakes on most of my vehicles. My wife had a 1996 Nissan Sentra with a 5 speed overdrive manual transmission and I could get 52 MPG with that car on the highway! I think the Nissan Versa still has it! BTW, all my vehicles -- 95% Fords -- have lasted 12 to 20 years and accumulated 250K to 480K miles and I never got rid of them because of repairs needed. It was because of life changes. That 480K car was a 1953 Ford Crestline that I drove to the junkyard. That was a mistake!
-
Yea, exactly. And that goes double for Lincoln (assuming as I mentioned earlier that the big shots actually want Lincoln to not only survive, but succeed). The complete lack of EVs in the Lincoln product lineup as of 2026 is inexcusable, though I'm cautiously optimistic UEV will rectify this by 2030.
-
They will sell 10s of these. i don’t find anything redeeming about this car whatsoever.
-
GM values Cadillac as a brand and wants to promote it to enhance GM’s image whereas it seems to me that Ford really doesn’t give a shit about Lincoln beyond mostly the Navigator. They hate giving them resources to work with. For Lincoln to do what Cadillac did would just require a different world than we live in with a different Ford. In the end I’m sure that what Ford is doing with Lincoln is probably optimal from a profit perspective. They sell a decent amount of quality cars. It doesn’t do the halo brand stuff Cadillac does, but that is because Ford is its own halo brand.
-
That doesn’t give Ford a pass on Economics 101. Fortunately Ford has come to its senses and trimmed its EV program drastically to a platform that has a fighting chance to turn a profit.
-
By DeluxeStang · Posted
The constant changes in direction are really hurting them in the short term. Luxury should stand for something, and with all these constant changes in theme, direction, and product, there are times where it feels like it's hard to pin down what that is with the Lincoln brand. I really loved the quiet flight direction they've been going in since the late 2010s, and it really seemed like it was gradually elevating consumer perceptions of Lincoln. I hope they retain at least a decent amount of that, even as they go into this more exciting enthusiast direction. -
By DeluxeStang · Posted
Dang, I need to educate myself more on this topic. I thought when the base 5 series, even if less powerful than an m5, was still a sporty sedan. You and Akirby are schooling me. The more you learn I suppose. I agree that they should be able to match the 5 series at the very least in straight line performance if they use the mustang sedan platform as the base. A hybrid 5.0 powertrain could really be a performance monster while also be slightly more refined than a non hybrid 5.0. That's the sort of powertrain that would really make a Lincoln performance sedan stand out. -
If any Town car buyers are still alive, I suspect they have moved on to SUVs. Yeah, Zephyr sized but far more expressive design than that Chinese thing. I would hope pricing could start in the 50s and fully loaded models topping out in the 70s. That is about where the Cadillac CT5 is priced except for the Blackwing version. The most popular 5 series BMW is a 4 cylinder with only 255 HP. It is not a performance vehicle at all. However, is very smooth, quiet and refined. Lincoln might not totally match it from a ride/handling perspective but they could come damn close for several thousand less and have more power.
-
To me it looks like Ford has run out of ideas for Lincoln, they seem to be lost all while Cadillac executes with a mix of cars and utilities plus a bunch of BEVs
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
