First uncovered shots of the 2009 Lincoln MKS!

DetroitWonk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice..... I don't think they're going to have problems selling that. This grille and airdam look years better than the original, I also like the chrome strips on the insides of the rain gutters--that feature will jump out at you and 'flash' as you walk around the car. Both that strip and the chrome strip right above the rocker panel are unexpected places to find bright work, I think that will work quite well.

Sorry they didn't get the horizontal taillights said to be a new Lincoln hallmark, though.

Not sure how it will fit into the scheme of things or really what luxury sedan will be its primary competition, but it looks really good from what I can tell. I'd still rather see a MKR as the Lincoln flagship, but this is a gracefully styled automobile in its own right. Good job, Lincoln.

They didn't fix the lower air intake. It looks completely out of place in both versions.

"Unexpected places to find bright work"? Those chrome strips scream Nissan Maxima, hardly rare these days.

yes, the lower intake is the old one - I liked the MKR one better, but it is not a MAJOR point .. very little of this car screams Maxima to me .. the presence seems very different ..

It look a little better than the concept, but much more sedate than MKR - hopefully the people mover will remedy that and full bring out the MKR styling.

this will not be a runaway hit, but it will be another solid entry that will inch Lincoln back up to higher volume.

Igor

They didn't fix the lower air intake. It looks completely out of place in both versions.

"Unexpected places to find bright work"? Those chrome strips scream Nissan Maxima, hardly rare these days.

1) Lower air intake matches -this- grille, hood, and headlight combo better than the previous one. Lines connect here that didn't on the show car.

2) You're right about the chrome strips on the Maxima, but I love the non-toaster Maxima's design. The toaster Maxima is just weird.

The lower front fascia is terrible, the horizontal line are thrown on with the juxtaposition between the lower front fascia and the grill failing to connect the design language.

The Front would be worlds beter if they change the lower front fascia.

The reaer end is rather dull and uninspiring, I like the touches of the chrome highlighting the top of the greenhouse that flow into the white area of the taillights, but other than that the rear end just leaves me with little no no emotion........this car sort of reminds me of 1995 sebring.

A couple changes could bring it into a better light.

sebring.jpg

The lower front fascia is terrible, the horizontal line are thrown on with the juxtaposition between the lower front fascia and the grill failing to connect the design language.

The Front would be worlds beter if they change the lower front fascia.

Change to what?

Further, where's the rule that says you have to use all vertical, or all horizontal design elements.

Frankly, in a luxury car universe where the current trend is to obliterate the bumper (see Cadillacs & Audis for best examples of this), I find the decision to make a distinction between the upper and lower grilles to be refreshing.

The problem with the MKS concept was that there were no common lines between the front design elements to unify them. That problem has been more or less solved here.

D-mn Lincoln! Now they're copying the 2007 Kia Amanti! (see the tail lights) :lol:

Kia_Amanti_Update_2007_2.jpg

-Ovaltine

Uh... The Kia ripped off the Town Car many years ago and made a scaled down version of it with a Jaguar-like face...

WKA2003062039262_pv.jpg

Although the taillamps look like the Kia and also the Hyundai XG350... The decklids of the Kia and Hyundai are in fact shared parts along with the platform and some other critical parts although much of the exterior sheetmetal is unique to each model to make them look different enough from each other.

WKA2005010365226_pv.jpg

I like the way the bow-wave grille and the hood lines turned out although it does reminds me of Oldsmobile. I guess the chrome rain gutters will be a Lincoln hallmark now although I really liked the straight through front to rear bladed and shouldered chrome treatment of past Lincoln concepts.

They screwed up on the taillamps again... They should have been horizontally situated for design consistancy with the rest of Lincoln's models...

I am personally not liking Ford's new use of blocky chrome on the decklid chrome. The nameplates also look crowded and misplaced where they tried to cram them between the taillamps and chrome decklid molding. It would look better balanced placed lower on the lid.

The production MKS is not an exciting result but a little better than I expected. Black or Merlot are the colors of my choice for any Ford or Lincoln sedan.

The MKS definitely looks related to the Jaguar XF to me... It's just that both the MKS and Jaguar's rooflines and greenhouse shapes are selling out to a look that is now an average composite of an Asian or German luxury car.

I do like the MKR concept better. Not because it is RWD as much as the styling looked more like an in-house evolution of past Mark Series designs, especially in the proportions and side window/quarter roof tretments. However, the MKR blends a few of Ford's global design elements such as very Volvo-like shoulders and roofrails that flow into the raised center decklid design while using front fenders forms like Mazda initiated which the new Mondeo got.

It's called being stuck with locked-in design again which has been hastily adapted and changed at the last minute with a well recieved facelift from a concept car much like the Fusion got the 427 concept nose.

Edited by Watchdevil

D-mn Lincoln! Now they're copying the 2007 Kia Amanti! (see the tail lights) :lol:

Kia_Amanti_Update_2007_2.jpg

medium_1323975460_6a2a379e09_o.jpg

-Ovaltine

The Kia is a Town-Car want-a-be and I have yet to see a new "revised" Kia Amanti anyway. Everytime I see the older model I can't help but think..........."oh, you actually bought one."

Edited by LincolnV