Tundra Dually

Tundra Dually concept at SEMA with 8.0 liter Hino Diesel power.

Time to buyout the Navistar contract.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/...dradually1.html

Wow, that Baby Shit Brown interior would get old at light speed.

Why do they put 22" rims on a diesel? Never makes much sense to me.

Diesel is about power. Just robbing power with those big spinners on.

I doubt a Toyota frame could handle 15k lbs let alone 20k to 24k lbs.

That meter board looks like it has a light for just about everything!

Peace and Blessings

Wow.

Here's a concept that craps all over Toyota's every mosquito is sacred aura, and for what?

It has an EIGHT LITER engine that has 50 fewer horses and lb-ft of torque than the 6.4L PSD & 6.6L Duramax. Allegedly it can tow 24,000lbs, and the F-450 can already tow 24,500.

This is a concept that is L-E-S-S capable than what's on the road today!!

Now that's moving you ... BACKWARD.

Wow.

Here's a concept that craps all over Toyota's every mosquito is sacred aura, and for what?

It has an EIGHT LITER engine that has 50 fewer horses and lb-ft of torque than the 6.4L PSD & 6.6L Duramax. Allegedly it can tow 24,000lbs, and the F-450 can already tow 24,500.

This is a concept that is L-E-S-S capable than what's on the road today!!

Now that's moving you ... BACKWARD.

And, its not even on the market yet...

I am sure it will be tuned down for that.

Peace and Blessings

1) ugly tundra made uglier

2) gearstick is stupid looking (out of place, boot too high, just ugly)

3) what's with the bedliner? They couldn't get the inner wheelwells to fit the bottom/sides of box? Or is the frame flexing causing gaps? :hysterical:

4) Anybody who could buy a tundra in the first place, would probably think this is "tougher" looking. blech!

5) 8.0L but they didn't give EXACT hp/torque numbers, could be rated higher when they hear the laughing.

not the specs I would expect with 8 friggin litres.....AND I wonder how their creampuff frame would handle it anyway........

exactly what I was thinking.

First time you pop the clutch in first you'll be riding on 3 wheels with that twisted frame.

5) 8.0L but they didn't give EXACT hp/torque numbers, could be rated higher when they hear the laughing.

so what do they tune it to? 800 ft lbs? When you start to need that much power, this is the wrong truck. You need to be in a class 4 or 5.

so what do they tune it to? 800 ft lbs? When you start to need that much power, this is the wrong truck. You need to be in a class 4 or 5.

Heck. By the time this thing gets to market, you'll probably be able to buy a F-350 with a class 8 hitch on the back.

This has got to be, hands down, the stupidest, crappiest, lamest, worst most abominable ill-conceived, "We have no idea how we became Toyota" concept I have ever seen.

I mean whoever greenlighted this heap of inadequacy should be shown the door. If this is the kind of decision making we can expect from Toyota, they are in a world of hurt.

This thing is -garbage- it does NOTHING better than existing products already on the market, and it requires a custom one-off welding of a gigantic Class 6 chassis onto the back end of one of the worst looking pickups in the history of ugliness, along with the shoehorning of an 8 liter engine with less power than engines that are 3/4ths the size, all in order to come out nothing better than number 2 (and a big steaming pile of number 2 it is) in today's marketplace.

B00008EY6Q.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Heck. By the time this thing gets to market, you'll probably be able to buy a F-350 with a class 8 hitch on the back.

This has got to be, hands down, the stupidest, crappiest, lamest, worst most abominable ill-conceived, "We have no idea how we became Toyota" concept I have ever seen.

I mean whoever greenlighted this heap of inadequacy should be shown the door. If this is the kind of decision making we can expect from Toyota, they are in a world of hurt.

This thing is -garbage- it does NOTHING better than existing products already on the market, and it requires a custom one-off welding of a gigantic Class 6 chassis onto the back end of one of the worst looking pickups in the history of ugliness, along with the shoehorning of an 8 liter engine with less power than engines that are 3/4ths the size, all in order to come out nothing better than number 2 (and a big steaming pile of number 2 it is) in today's marketplace.

Toyota probably threw together this POS due to this:

Toyota At Texas State Fair To Race, Leaving Towing To Chevy?

Toyota_Racing_Silverado_1.jpg

That 8.0L engine was so big that they had to modify the firewall and make all the HVAC and stereo controls non-functional. What a waste of time...

If they really wanted to make a BIG HD Tundra, why didn't they just take a Hino, put a Tundra CrewMax cab on it with a custom front end and Tundra bed and copy the F650 SuperCrewzer or the International XT series?