2009 Escape Info

jasonj80

It is amazing how good these cars are. FOrd is very focused right now on their products. even though the products we sell are based on aged architectures they are not that for behind our competition.

the Verve shows what Ford can do, all new global and design to beat anything in the world. not just come to par but beat the competition. late 2009 to 2012 should be amazing.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about now? We sell them like crazy and everyone is quite happy with it, even if I'm not that enamored with it. You see the new Escapes at least 5, more like 10 to one over new gen CRV's in this area which are quite rare actually. Not sure what you mean by retail, on any Honda website they list for $500 or so under invoice...

I have been lurking on this site for at least a year. I have two 05 Foci , SES sedans and they have been great. I have been shopping around and looking at every small SUV out there to replace a 99 Trooper (13mpg)

The 08 Escape redesign had caught my attention but I was not happy with the powertrain and the fact that SYNC was not available. I am here to tell you that I WILL purchase an 09 Escape when it becomes available. Thanks to all the Ford employees here for all the great info.

People can bitch and moan all they want but an 05 Focus is great sturdy car that handles itself like a much bigger car then it is.

The Focus is what it is ,a very good small sedan that gets great mpg and is comfortable considering its price.

Edited by lost1

Whine all yoiu want DCK, but improvments are coming. The RAV4 is not too big! Witha useless 3rd row seat, just so they can say 'i got a bigger penis'.

The sales certainly are doing fine, so looks like your ALL CAPS rants maybe mean you need to get over it all. How about using that energy for something more useful?

If the Fusion gets a PI 3L, it better have more than 230 hp. That would only be a 9 hp increase.

It was said a while back that the Fusion is getting the 3.5L and that was the reason the launch got pushed back till fall was the availability of the 3.5, that could also mean the MKZ will be getting the 3.7L. Though someone said that the pi3.0L was also E85 capable that was not mentioned in the press release.

I'd still love to know the torque numbers for the PIP D30. If they aren't getting much past 215 lbs, then, its still going to feel fairly weak as compared to ALL of its rivals, save for the Kia Optima and the Hyundai Sonata. The average advertised torque figure from the Camry, Accord, Altima, Galant, Malibu and Aura is pushing 245-250 lbs. Adding in the 3.5L from the Avenger/Sebring doesn't bring the average down much as it's north of 230 lbs as well. The G6 has several options available. So, in the v6 ballgame where advertised numbers actually matter, the D30 PIP better come up with a significant increase in torque over the previous gen, or, the TF 2.5L that was rumored to be able to belt out 260+ lbs better become a reality "with a quickness".

Granted, we all know that the D30 as it currently stands in the vehicle is not a horrible engine. It just doesn't hold up well in the comparisson on paper with its rivals. When people opt for the optional v6, they aren't voting for fuel economy. They aren't voting for also ran status. They're either opting for the luxury of extra power, or bragging rights over the neighbor/cubical buddy/brother-in-law, etc. "Yeah, I got saddled with a family sedan, but look at those v6 output numbers, this thing does 0-60 in the 6 second range!" And, yes, I've actually heard that sentence uttered by the happy new owner of a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. Doesn't mean it was right, but, that's why that model was chosen.

I don't see why not. They roll down the same assembly line.

In a ironic way it'd be funny if they didn't

I wonder if this will revitalize the Tribute. It has decilned a lot sales wise, to what a 1/3 of what it used to have? Heck people here ave been saying now that Mazda has the CX-7 might as well get rid of the stodgy Tribute.

In a ironic way it'd be funny if they didn't

I wonder if this will revitalize the Tribute. It has decilned a lot sales wise, to what a 1/3 of what it used to have? Heck people here ave been saying now that Mazda has the CX-7 might as well get rid of the stodgy Tribute.

Well it hasn't differed from the Escape/Mariner before, so why add un-needed complexity. The Tribute runs on regular fuel, is a bit cheaper and doesn't come with a turbo. All of which are qualities that some buyers continue to look for. That's why it's still around.

Well it hasn't differed from the Escape/Mariner before, so why add un-needed complexity. The Tribute runs on regular fuel, is a bit cheaper and doesn't come with a turbo. All of which are qualities that some buyers continue to look for. That's why it's still around.

I know I was just kidding.

People here bash the Tribute a lot. I was just wondering if from what has been said if Mazda was even interested in keeping the Tribute. But heck for Mazda it is basically free. They don't have to do much to design it, and they get to sel a car that they invest very little into.

While 2008 Tribute sales were down compared to the Escape and Mariner, keep in mind that 2008 was a shorter model year for the tribute compared to the twins (it started later than the other two) and the Tribute Hybrid is still, I believe, only available on the left coast.

The added power and a few interior tweaks, maybe even the use of discs on the rear might go the extra mile to bolster Escape sales over the other mini-utes in its class.

Well, most of this thread has been about power/economy which is great, but brakes are a huge issue.

Ford has an overall corporate objective of "Accelerate development of new products our customers want and value" Under that objective are various items, but 2 that are particularly applicable to the Escape. The first objective is to launch smoothly the Escape and the other products coming out in 2008. The second is to increase the number of "recommended" ratings by Consumer Reports.

The Escape is not recommended by CR. It scored 49 points; the highest rating was for a RAV4 at 83 points. Frustratingly, CR never breaks down their point structure, but certainly a major element was very, very poor braking. The RAV4 and CRV stop in about 135 feet dry and around 140 wet. The Escape recorded 161 dry and 215 wet. CR was so shocked they got another Escape to test but got the same results. This type of performance isn't going to hack it, and I'm sure Mulaly won't stand for it.

Well, most of this thread has been about power/economy which is great, but brakes are a huge issue.

Ford has an overall corporate objective of "Accelerate development of new products our customers want and value" Under that objective are various items, but 2 that are particularly applicable to the Escape. The first objective is to launch smoothly the Escape and the other products coming out in 2008. The second is to increase the number of "recommended" ratings by Consumer Reports.

The Escape is not recommended by CR. It scored 49 points; the highest rating was for a RAV4 at 83 points. Frustratingly, CR never breaks down their point structure, but certainly a major element was very, very poor braking. The RAV4 and CRV stop in about 135 feet dry and around 140 wet. The Escape recorded 161 dry and 215 wet. CR was so shocked they got another Escape to test but got the same results. This type of performance isn't going to hack it, and I'm sure Mulaly won't stand for it.

I'm not sure how much it will help but there is mention of 16 in. Michelin tires on the 09 Escape which among other things is supposed to help shorten stopping distances. I know that the Michelin Cross Terrains I have on my 02 Escape are noticably quieter than the original tires but as far as imroving stopping distances are concerned...I have no idea. I'm pretty sure that all tires don't perform the same so maybe there is some hope of shorter braking distances to be achieved by changing the brand / compound of tire.