Road & Track's Take On MKS

hbalek

Look at the "Cars to Compare" and it tells you everything you need to know. It's a fat, slow, near-luxury car using yesterday's front-drive technology for gadget freaks. I AM the Gen-X'er to whom they're trying to appeal AND a former LS owner. I guess they're appealing to my nostalgic side by giving it a steering wheel and instrument cluster like my aunt's 1980 Mercury Zephyr. There are creases and lines on this car going all over the place.

Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Infinity all seem to get it right. Maybe Ford should have held on to Jag a little while longer so they could have based this car on the new XF platform instead of a Volvo.

Maybe I'll buy my dad one for his 80th birthday.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

If the R&T readers didn't like it, then Lincoln is doing well. The MK S is so not aimed at them. If they were singing its praises, I'd be worried.

It's a Lincoln, it's American, and solidly so. The import-badge crowd are a mind-set all to themselves. :)

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Just like you, not a credible source, not the magazine's opinion, it was one person's high subjective comment, a troll.....and just as easy to ignore.

Edited by timmm55

Just like you, it was one person's high subjective comment.....and just as easy to ignore.

Consider this for some interesting spin...

If he buys the car for his 80-year-old father, it goes down as a sale to someone at least 25 years younger than 80. That's a step in the right direction.

Call me Mr. Centrifuge... :hysterical:

They thought the styling was bland, and that the second complaint I've read about the headrests being uncomfortable.

The headrests are my least favorite part about the car. I can't get comfortable no matter how many different ways the seat is adjusted.

The people writing the comments are so anti-American car biased, they all WAIT with baited breath to see an article about something Ford and/or American so they can start the manure spreaders on full throttle.

I'm not sure Lincoln could make anyone happy at this point. If they made a car that God would buy, people would be lined up to bash.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! You can't just pop out 4 or 5 completely separate, different products with economics being what they are. Perhaps the guy with the 300HP Infinity would like to line em up once the Twinforce comes to town. Oh, I'm sure he'll say something like "its still a Lincoln" or something masterful like that.

:censored:

whoa....you talkin to yourself now P?.....put the hipflask down

Apprantly I am!! Too bad I won't come forward with my own true identity.

now THATS funny!....all my thoughts about being Bi-polar were coming to fruition.....I checked the sig.....similar but you are right...wonder how the real P will react?

How else can I react, other than:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I still would like to know what a P7L is??

Apprantly I am!! Too bad I won't come forward with my own true identity.

How else can I react, other than:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I still would like to know what a P7L is??

temporarily had me fooled LOL! thought youd finally lost it.....WILL THE REAL P PLEASE STAND UP

The people writing the comments are so anti-American car biased, they all WAIT with baited breath to see an article about something Ford and/or American so they can start the manure spreaders on full throttle.

I'm not sure Lincoln could make anyone happy at this point. If they made a car that God would buy, people would be lined up to bash.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! You can't just pop out 4 or 5 completely separate, different products with economics being what they are. Perhaps the guy with the 300HP Infinity would like to line em up once the Twinforce comes to town. Oh, I'm sure he'll say something like "its still a Lincoln" or something masterful like that.

:censored:

Whatever man. I have seattime, my complaints are legit.

Whatever man. I have seattime, my complaints are legit.

The head rests do appear to be tilted a little too far forward.

BTW, C&D did their review:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li...st_drive_review

It seems to me with all the reviews that are coming in, the MKS handles about how I would expect it to. Middle of the road.

They thought the styling was bland, and that the second complaint I've read about the headrests being uncomfortable.

How are they uncomfortable? First off, they are not Head "Rests," but Head Restraints. Your head should not be touching them while driving. I realize the better, later ones are slanted inwards to catch your head sooner and minimize whip lash, but they are not head rests. Therefore, they can't be uncomfortable. Driving is not like watching TV in lazy boy recliner. The only time my head touches head restraint is when I'm adjusting it to me or if I get rear ended. You can't aim high while driving and do good hazard recognition if your head is resting on head restraint and your eyes are thus slanted upward.

How are they uncomfortable? First off, they are not Head "Rests," but Head Restraints. Your head should not be touching them while driving. I realize the better, later ones are slanted inwards to catch your head sooner and minimize whip lash, but they are not head rests. Therefore, they can't be uncomfortable. Driving is not like watching TV in lazy boy recliner. The only time my head touches head restraint is when I'm adjusting it to me or if I get rear ended. You can't aim high while driving and do good hazard recognition if your head is resting on head restraint and your eyes are thus slanted upward.

Well I suppose that depends upon how you have the seat positioned. I've yet to sit in an MKS, but it seems to me that it might be angled a bit too aggressively. I think this is especially the case if you tend to sit with very little incline in the seat back.

Hey, I'm just "reporting" what they and another review said.

What I do not understand is Ford owns a car company (Volvo) that is recogonized as offering the most comfortable and safest seats in the car industry. So why is Ford not taking advantage of using a more Volvo type seat or at least put active head restraints in their flagship Lincoln, or better yet in all their vehicles?

How do you know they didn't?

Ford could have take the exact seat from a Volvo and bolted it into the MKS and "critics" like PC and P71 would bash it as cheap, uncomfortable and unsafe.

Now, I am not saying that Ford did this, I am only saying that too many people snap judge on what "others" say. Its the Rush Limbaugh mentality. "If Rush says it, it must be true" Don't let facts or good judgment cloud your bias.

You cant please everyone, some people have misguided bias and no matter what you say or do, they will not recognize the facts.