Ford Expedition .. what do you think happened?

SVT_MAN

When I pulled into the gas station today, I couldn't believe my eyes. On the back of a flatbed sat an almost brand-new Expedition on a flat bed ... but there was one little problem: Half of it was gone! It had no front clip, and to top things off: no wheels!

Maybe Ford ships Expedition shells and I missed the memo, but this vehicle made my jaw drop today ...

wow.jpg

What do you think happened? We had a horrible snow storm here last night and there were lots of cars in the ditch. To me, this looks too clean to be the work of the jaws of life. Any ideas? I'm guessing they are shipping a rear section to mend a damaged Expedition? Not sure, but it made my jaw drop at the time!

Edited by SVT_MAN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my High School Days, back in my Autoshop class, the teacher received a donation of a Caddy Deville all cut to pieces. It was still drivable, but the roof, doors, interior components, etc, were sectioned and cut open. Turns out it was done for press photos. Once they had their photos, they gave the car away.

When I pulled into the gas station today, I couldn't believe my eyes. On the back of a flatbed sat an almost brand-new Expedition on a flat bed ... but there was one little problem: Half of it was gone! It had no front clip, and to top things off: no wheels!

Maybe Ford ships Expedition shells and I missed the memo, but this vehicle made my jaw drop today ...

wow.jpg

What do you think happened? We had a horrible snow storm here last night and there were lots of cars in the ditch. To me, this looks too clean to be the work of the jaws of life. Any ideas? I'm guessing they are shipping a rear section to mend a damaged Expedition? Not sure, but it made my jaw drop at the time!

Mexicans...

Mexicans...

Hmm, what are you trying to say? Do you have a point?

Late model vehicles that are totaled are carved out and used to repair others. This also could be the 'good stuff' left from a wreck and a salvage yard bought this from an auction.

Agreed!

WTF is wrong with you?

(and don't say "lighten up, it's just a joke")

What. Like you haven't seen all of the modified cars that they love to chop and mesh together. Down here in Houston, I see all sorts of crazy custom shit. Some of them use sections of three different cars (not to mention a hell of alot of custom sheetmetal). You guys need to lighten up. Down in Mexico, they are proud of their crazy car-mod culture. Why should we tip-toe over the tulips that they planted in the expansion joints?

What. Like you haven't seen all of the modified cars that they love to chop and mesh together. Down here in Houston, I see all sorts of crazy custom shit. Some of them use sections of three different cars (not to mention a hell of alot of custom sheetmetal). You guys need to lighten up. Down in Mexico, they are proud of their crazy car-mod culture. Why should we tip-toe over the tulips that they planted in the expansion joints?

Truly not trying to turn this into a racial thread, but...

Funny how everyone with light brown skin is considered a "Mexican". What about the Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Guatamalans, Brazilians etc. Just because someone is of a certain color and likes certain style rides, doesn't mean they're Mexican. I'm 1/2, but you couldn't tell by my picture. I also work with a Guatamalan, who hates it when people call her "Mexican". Be better if you referred to them as Hispanics if you don't know the persons true decent.

Been to Mexico, lived in Phoenix, Santa Fe and Denver, all large hispanic (mostly Mexican) populations. Most my friends are of Mexican decent and are proud of it. What if a all Mexicans called you a ruski, because you're white, even if you're not Russian? Not trying to tip toe over the subject, just putting it out there that this stereotype of skin color needs done away with.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Edited by V8-X

Funny how everyone with light brown skin is considered a "Mexican". What about the Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Guatamalans, Brazilians etc. Just because someone is of a certain color and likes certain style rides, doesn't mean their Mexican. I'm 1/2, but you couldn't tell by my picture. I also work with a Guatamalan, who hates it when people call her "Mexican". Be better if you referred to them as Hispanics if you don't know the persons true decent.

Not trying to tip toe over the subject, just putting it out there that this stereotype of skin color needs done away with.

Yeah well, how do you think us honkeys feel? We're all lumped together as "Whites". I'm a German-Polish-American dag-gone-it!!! :lol:

Funny how everyone with light brown skin is considered a "Mexican". What about the Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Guatamalans, Brazilians etc. Just because someone is of a certain color and likes certain style rides, doesn't mean their Mexican. I'm 1/2, but you couldn't tell by my picture. I also work with a Guatamalan, who hates it when people call her "Mexican". Be better if you referred to them as Hispanics if you don't know the persons true decent.

Not trying to tip toe over the subject, just putting it out there that this stereotype of skin color needs done away with.

No, I'm literally talking about Mexicans. Everyone here should know by now that I don't generalize... much.

Yeah well, how do you think us honkeys feel? We're all lumped together as "Whites". I'm a German-Polish-American dag-gone-it!!! :lol:

The appropriate term is you are looking for is Caucasian.

While for Latin American decent the term is Hispanic.