better than lexus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, don't understand the need for this feature for two reasons:

1. In the 30 years I've been driving, I've had to parallel park maybe three times (and one of those was on the driving test)

2. Parallel parking isn't that hard

It was a stupid idea when Lexus added it. I wish Ford had spent the development money on something more useful.

First, you must not live in a city. In most urban areas, parallel parking is a requirement. I had to squeeze into some pretty tight spots in NYC a few times. Once someone parked so close to me that I had to slightly adjust the position of the car in front of me to get out.

Second, you're absolutely right. It isn't hard once you done it a few times. However, I know a lot of old people with flexibility problems that makes it hard for them to turn their heads. Plus you do realize half of the population of drivers are women. As we all know, they are incapable of parking correctly.

I, for one, don't understand the need for this feature for two reasons:

1. In the 30 years I've been driving, I've had to parallel park maybe three times (and one of those was on the driving test)

2. Parallel parking isn't that hard

It was a stupid idea when Lexus added it. I wish Ford had spent the development money on something more useful.

Brilliant!

To make this work you need 3 things: 1. A computer that is already comes with the naviagions system. 2. Sensors that come with Ford park assist. 3. Electric power steering that Ford is adding to all new cars to save fuel.

All they have to do is write the software and add a button. Oh and charge the extra $500.00 for it.

Good markup for for a $.50 plastic button.

I thought it was dumb to offer it on a Focus, but hell, you don't even need to add a button, just program one on the touch screen of the Nav. system. If someone wants to give you an extra few hundred dollars for a Focus, take it.

Yeah, it is an assumption on my part. It's that big city mentality setting in I suppose. We have to take whatever spot we see...don't really have the luxury to pick one from the other. It must be nice.

Big assumption on your part. Actually I do live in a city and the downtown area has parallel parking. But it also has plenty of lot parking. it's not that difficult to avoid having to parallel park if that's what you want.

Yeah, it is an assumption on my part. It's that big city mentality setting in I suppose. We have to take whatever spot we see...don't really have the luxury to pick one from the other. It must be nice.

I suppose I might have a slightly different opinion of this feature if I didn't have a choice, but I still go back to it's not that hard to parallel park, especially with the tech that's already out there like backup sensors and cameras. As a former computer programmer, I can appreciate the technology but I still don't see the point.