2010 Fusion Monochrome Package?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an owner of an 08 and a 10 I have to say this is an awful idea. The chrome looks bad enough with rock chips. THe painted grill is going to look horrible with a little sand blasting.

:redcard:

I really don't see any chips on my 2004 F250 Shadow Gray XLT Sport. The Grill is still in very nice shape, now the bumper is a different story. It has several small chips in the paint, and there is rust showing on may of them. I will end up getting this repainted at some point. I do think the chrome bumper (metal) would hold up better, but obviously in would not have fit with the rest of the mono-chromatic scheme.

:redcard:

I really don't see any chips on my 2004 F250 Shadow Gray XLT Sport. The Grill is still in very nice shape, now the bumper is a different story. It has several small chips in the paint, and there is rust showing on may of them. I will end up getting this repainted at some point. I do think the chrome bumper (metal) would hold up better, but obviously in would not have fit with the rest of the mono-chromatic scheme.

So what are you saying? That a painted metal bumper does not hold up as well as a painted plastic grill? The fusion doesn't have a metal bumper. We are talking about a plastic chrome grill versus a painted plastic grill.

From Mother Ford on 7/23/2009:

Summary of 2010-Model Price Changes

Ford

Fusion

Increase Fusion S array by $350 MSRP and Fusion SE, SEL, Sport and Hybrid arrays by $355 MSRP

Offer two new optional appearance packages for SE and SEL:

1. Monochrome Appearance Package for $895 MSRP

2. Appearance Package for $895 MSRP

The packages include 18" aluminum wheels with painted pockets, rear spoiler, unique finish on IP spears and center stack, and leather wrapped steering wheel shift knob. The SE package also includes unique cloth seats and door trim inserts. The Monochrome Appearance Package includes a body-colored grille.

Delete the 18" Aluminum wheel optional on SEL due to the introduction of the appearance packages.

Offer Premium Floormats for $50 MSRP optional on Fusion SEL, Sport and Hybrid.

Offer standard Floormats for $55 MSRP optional on Fusion S.

Mustang

Offer TrackPack for $1,530 MSRP on GT Coupe Premium. The package includes dual piston front calipers, performance front & rear brake pads, performance 3.73 axle ratio, unique front strut and rear shock tuning, strut tower brace, SVT front & rear sway bars, SVT lower rear control arms, unique ESC tuning and 19" painted aluminum wheels with unique 19" Pirelli summer only performance tires.

Mercury

Milan

Increase all arrays by $355 MSRP.

Offer 18" Aluminum Wheel with sport suspension for $250 MSRP optional on Milan Premier.

Offer Premium Floormats for $50 MSRP optional on Milan Premier and Hybrid.

Offer standard Floormats for $55 MSRP optional on Milan Rapid Spec 100A and 101A.

Lincoln

MKZ

The MKZ Executive Package which includes Genuine Wood Instrument Panel, Genuine Wood Console, Unique Door Trim, Cashmere Leather or Charcoal Grey Miko Suede Seats and Premium Floor Mats for $495 MSRP optional on Rapid Spec 102A & 103A.

Note: Job 2 MKZ Executive Package Availability Update : For 2010 Job 2, the MKZ Executive Package availability is delayed 30 days to Job#1 8/31/2009. Orders can currently be placed in CONCEPS, but cannot be scheduled due to material hold caused by delayed availability. The current plan is to begin scheduling the MKZ Executive Package for September production, Allocation week #32, 8/13/2009.

Premium Floormats – Front and Rear, including Lincoln Star and Suede Edge for $50 MSRP.

So what are you saying? That a painted metal bumper does not hold up as well as a painted plastic grill? The fusion doesn't have a metal bumper. We are talking about a plastic chrome grill versus a painted plastic grill.

FYI.

My 04 F250 Sport has the dark blue paints grill. There are virtually no dings in it or the bumper.

My old Dodge Shadow took every rock to the nose that it could.

I think there is significant difference between paint color.

But I also think some cars attract rocks while others do not.

So lets hear from Fusion owners how beat up their nose is?

Peace and Blessings

Mustang

Offer TrackPack for $1,530 MSRP on GT Coupe Premium. The package includes dual piston front calipers, performance front & rear brake pads, performance 3.73 axle ratio, unique front strut and rear shock tuning, strut tower brace, SVT front & rear sway bars, SVT lower rear control arms, unique ESC tuning and 19" painted aluminum wheels with unique 19" Pirelli summer only performance tires.

So whats the big deal about that? My 06 GT has that already?

The grill on my 08 is hammered. It has 21k on it. Most of the blue is off the Ford symbol. I'm going to try and get it warrantied before its up.

Really? My '07 has nearly 39K on it and has very few marks on it. Do you spend all your time driving behind gravel trucks?

Really? My '07 has nearly 39K on it and has very few marks on it. Do you spend all your time driving behind gravel trucks?

No, all paved roads and highway miles. Its just beat, along with the leading edge of the hood and roof above the windshield. The bumper is kinda, meh, looking, no worse than I would expect. The grill and the edge of the hood and roof are concerning.

No, all paved roads and highway miles. Its just beat, along with the leading edge of the hood and roof above the windshield. The bumper is kinda, meh, looking, no worse than I would expect. The grill and the edge of the hood and roof are concerning.

That's bizarre. What color car if I may ask?

I see you are from MN (my family is from there), the bugs might be a problem! The reidue is like glue and can take off paint. Clay it and keep a layer of WAX on it for protection. Use a bug and tar remover to disolve the remains. Rewax after usung Bug/Tar Remover.

My sister's Olds Aurora has a lot of paint chips from various road debris.

Also try a black wax. It'll help hide some of it, where typical white wax makes chips stand out.

Edited by timmm55

On my vehicle that seems to be the case. So based on what I have seen, I dont see a painted grill being a problem. :shades:

• 2 months later...
Wow and I thought the grille was ugly. That seat/door fabric is like 90% at JoAnne Fabrics because no one has ever bought it. It makes the interior look Dodge Caliber cheap.

Meh, it's just kind of an awkward pattern. The material doesn't really look any worse. I do like the monochrome grille though!

Meh, it's just kind of an awkward pattern. The material doesn't really look any worse. I do like the monochrome grille though!

I think that, when you can see the line separation in the pattern (on the driver's seat, closest to the camera), it doesn't look bad. In the further away seat and the far door panel the gray lines bleed together in the photo and makes it look like bad sponge painting. I'm guessing it looks better in person.

On the grille - I'm glad it's an option for people who want it, but I hate it. It reminds me of those cars you can tell were repainted at Maaco (or the High School Auto Shop). You know, the ones where the trim, badges, and grille are all painted body color.

On the grille - I'm glad it's an option for people who want it, but I hate it. It reminds me of those cars you can tell were repainted at Maaco (or the High School Auto Shop). You know, the ones where the trim, badges, and grille are all painted body color.

Well, honestly, I'd rather the grille slats be chrome, but far thinner. I just think there's far too much plastichrome on the nose of this thing.

Yeah, I don't like the material's pattern, I'm sure it's decent quality stuff, just a weird looking pattern.

I think that, when you can see the line separation in the pattern (on the driver's seat, closest to the camera), it doesn't look bad. In the further away seat and the far door panel the gray lines bleed together in the photo and makes it look like bad sponge painting. I'm guessing it looks better in person.

Good point about the seat pattern.

I don't really like the monotone look either.