Newest explorer spy shots

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me that it has the explorer front and rear clips but with Flex body and F-150 mirrors.

I don't agree, if you look at the previous spy pics from April, Ford made no attempt whatsoever to cover up the C and D pillar area. In these newest pics, those areas and even the rear hatch glass are disguised. The area where the Taurus X's roof would kick up is also camouflaged, which is another new touch. Why go to all this trouble now, unless there is something new to disguise?

For some reason I feel that there is too much mass in the hood. Opposite of the typical "junk in the trunk."

I don't believe that's the Explorer's front At All - looks more like the MCE-Edge to me

theory LINK

DO think from the A-pillar back it IS the Explorer

Edited by 2b2

I believe that's genuine Explorer body too....the greenhouse isn't as squared off as Flex is:

And those are Expedition mirrors.

So do I & those are definitely Expedition mirrors.

I don't believe that's the Explorer's front At All - looks more like the MCE-Edge to me

theory LINK

DO think from the A-pillar back it IS the Explorer

Why would they stick a MCE-Edge front end on a next generation Explorer?

LLN says the Explorer will get the EB 3.5. First I have heard of that. Does anybody know if this the case. I have not kept up here obviously but it looks like my parents are going to have to have another SUV to make them happy. My Mother is power hungry. :hysterical: They are not too impressed with Toyota dropping the V8 out of the 4Runner.

With this being a unibody I wonder what it will tow?

LLN says the Explorer will get the EB 3.5. First I have heard of that. Does anybody know if this the case. I have not kept up here obviously but it looks like my parents are going to have to have another SUV to make them happy. My Mother is power hungry. :hysterical: They are not too impressed with Toyota dropping the V8 out of the 4Runner.

With this being a unibody I wonder what it will tow?

The 3.5 EB and the 2.0 EB were the ones they gave for the concept.

I think if they had other clips attached to this vehicle, they wouldnt go through so much effort to hide it. I think this is the next step before doing a full release. I'm also noticed the rear end and the suspension/muffler work as well. The lights front and rear also indicate different shapes that what Ford has with it's other platform sharing vehicles.

I was just reading an Explorer forum and 95 percent of the people are sick about this being Unibodyand looking like yet another cross over. I have to agree with them. Seems to be a blurred line between this, the Edge, and Flex.

Then I guess they'd never consider a Jeep Grand Cherokee, or a Land Rover for that matter.

Let's see what it looks like without the Camo, doesn't look like a crossoever to me, except that the ride height looks a bit low.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

I was just reading an Explorer forum and 95 percent of the people are sick about this being Unibody and looking like yet another cross over. I have to agree with them. Seems to be a blurred line between this, the Edge, and Flex.

must agree...Explorers are flying off the racks...and I absolutely HATE waiting lists, I MUCH prefer vehicular bithdays, flooring charges, huge rebates, subveened financing and loss leaders.....

It definitely looks to be all-new Explorer to me. The body lines (what you can see, at least) share the same general shape as the Explorer America concept. I also like the (individual LED array?) taillight pattern.

Yeah, looks like they're going for a similar look to the concept's taillights.

I believe that's genuine Explorer body too....the greenhouse isn't as squared off as Flex is:

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg-1.jpg

22s2.jpg

And those are Expedition mirrors.

I love your flex, with the edge sport 22's, they should build that from the factory!!

I dont see the point in a unibody explorer, it seems to me like it would overlap with the edge and flex to much. I think they have the perfect line up now. If anything put the new 3.7L engine in it and then the ecoboos 3.5L and leave it the way it is, and get better fuel mileage.

I love your flex, with the edge sport 22's, they should build that from the factory!!

I dont see the point in a unibody explorer, it seems to me like it would overlap with the edge and flex to much. I think they have the perfect line up now. If anything put the new 3.7L engine in it and then the ecoboos 3.5L and leave it the way it is, and get better fuel mileage.

different strokes for different folks...just look at the previous model Taurus and Taurus X.........Explorer will appeal to different customer base , and thus attract additional buyers....

First of all, thanks.

As for unibody Explorer:

-as has been mentioned before, vehicles like Grand Cherokees or Land Rovers are unibody vehicles.

-I believe the current Explorer now rides on its own unique platform, which is no longer justifiable at such low sales levels.

Putting it on D3 allows development costs to be spread across the rest of the D3 lineup.

Let's wait and see, touch, drive, etc. it before we crucify it..... :rip:

different strokes for different folks...just look at the previous model Taurus and Taurus X.........Explorer will appeal to different customer base , and thus attract additional buyers....

Taurus X was a flop. The unibody explorer is not going to appeal to the hard core enthusiasts. They may be a minor percentage but they sure as hell are vocal.