MyFord and MyLincoln Touch

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...

Did anyone else hear that?

That was the sound of investors trampling each other in a mad rush to buy Ford stock.

This is just ridiculously impressive. Now I have to wait for this system to be available in the Mustang and/or the F150. As if it wasn't hard enough to decide already.

Anyone else notice what appears to be Adaptive Cruise Contorl in one of the pictures? This would be a Ford first I believe. I wonder if its Laser or Radar based.

All the wiper controls - Ford hs decided to separate them now - I guess to share parts around the globe. I like the one stalk system they've got now, personally.

Yeah same here, I can rest my left arm on the door and just use that hand for turn signals and wipers, I dont care for an extra stick.

I did notice thru the screen there's the option of heated steering wheel. I guess somethign with this human interface will allow is that options can be easily added onto a vehicle, and there's no more "blank" plastic buttons that leave the base models feeling as if they missed out on something.

Portable radio presets? What a country!!

Seriously. Does anyone think GM is going to touch this anytime soon?

Exactly.

I hope Ford can provide something like universal portable GPS port. I like in car GPS. But it is not portable. When I have to rent a car, I have to bring the GPS, the car charger, the mount. It is very inconvenience, especially when pass the airport security check. If Ford can have a universal portable GPS port in all Ford cars and trucks, then I only need to bring one GPS unit and mount it in any Ford car. That would be great.

Is this going to spread though the line as vehicles are replaced or is Ford going to be doing some IP upgrades for the 2011 model year? I would think vehicles like the Fusion / F-150 / Taurus would get this before their next Redo, they already have the larger Nav Screen.

Wonder what on the IP will be standard and what will be optional.

Also very very happy to see that Ford finally is putting a wiper control stalk on their cars! Hopefully that means a Mist feature!!! Woohoo!

MyFord and MyLincoln...very impressive.

But I guess we know where Mercury stands...

I believe I saw a reference to MyMercury in one of the related articles. I suspect they just don't have a new IP for mercury they are ready to show off, perhaps a Merc focus concept?

How 'bout MyFiesta, MyFusion, myFocus MyMerc, MyRincoln etc.....MySherona

I really like the Edge interior. My wife and I are both very happy with our Edge, this new interior will go a long way towards our decision when it comes time to replace it. I hope that Ford reveals a TiVCT 3.5L in the new Edge as well, as it should have more power and better fuel economy. Ford is on a roll.

saw this in the Jalopnik comments about Mytouch

does anyone else not notice this is a new lincoln interior?

the only car it could be is the MKX.. because it is the only one being updated for 2011 model year. if that's the case, then damn. amazing transformation, because that interior in these pictures is exquisite!

Then the author of the article...

Ben Wojdyla

08:05 AM

@tkosoccer03: We can't technically confirm your suspicions until next week, but you're not not correct.

Hmm... any truth to that?

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31713

"MyFord driver connect technology launches this year on 2011 Ford Edge and goes global with availability on 2012 Ford Focus. MyLincoln Touch will be standard equipment on new Lincolns beginning with 2011 Lincoln MKX"

It's Official. Now, is the Focus been introduced in a week is the 2012? In a way, it makes sense considering the 2011 Fiesta is coming out this year. I see the MCE MKS getting this after MKX.

From the bottom of the article: "By 2015, approximately 80 percent of Ford’s North American models are expected to have MyFord driver connect technology, with similar percentages predicted for the world market."

Edited by Hugh