Hola, Focus.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume the base level will not have dead buttons. Looking at the MyFord Sony setup vs. the std MyFord shows this. 155/145 in a BASE motor is excellent in this case. VW Golf's I5 moved from 150 to 170 but there's a FE penalty. I think the 6A (6M I hope as well) will handle this. The interior looks busy to me but that has been going in that direction. The steering wheel controls are duplicated in stalk, cruise/SYNC and the 5-way controls.

That's my first impression but I want to see a base model. I have seen the improvement from the first Fusion to the MCE in the SE level. I hope and I'm sure it will be the same here.

I'm sold! Tuxedo Black/Charcoal cloth, EcoBoost 1.6?(love a EB 2.0), 6M, 5dr...oh yeah, MyFord Sony as well.

I really think that's the EU IP. There's a few telltales: central door locking, not door mounted locks, rotary seat heater controls on the console, etc.

Look at this super-high-rez:

Warning, REAL big

That center screen's graphics are identical to those which Ford was showing at CES. And the Temps are in Fahrenheit, not Celsius. And the Gauges are MPH over KPH. And the steering wheel has the same controls (slightly different look) as the CES displays. That's a US IP.

Look at this super-high-rez:

Warning, REAL big

That center screen's graphics are identical to those which Ford was showing at CES. And the Temps are in Fahrenheit, not Celsius. And the Gauges are MPH over KPH. And the steering wheel has the same controls (slightly different look) as the CES displays. That's a US IP.

Lovely. Buy a US Focus and adapt to stupid EU central lock conventions. Geez. Thanks for forcing your US customers (which outnumber your EU customers, BTW) to adapt to the EU convention because you're too cheap to switch the parts out.

Edited by RichardJensen

Lovely. Buy a US Focus and adapt to stupid EU central lock conventions. Geez. Thanks for forcing your US customers (which outnumber your EU customers, BTW) to adapt to the EU convention because you're too cheap to switch the parts out.

Don't forget this car gets sold in Europe, Asia, China, Russia, Latin America, Canada.....and the USA.

There certainly were compromises made, I for one don't like the central door locks

but all in all, it's a pretty good package considering that it's the same car all around the world.......

I hope plenty of people get up close an personal with it, the car seems to have enough

Toyota/Honda type styling to woo people who swoon over their favorite Asian car maker.

Hopefully this car is car flies right down conquest alley and picks up a bunch of new buyers for Ford.

Yeah. Well, what would it cost to use US spec door locks? It's not like they'll be shipping over the door panels from Europe or anywhere else.

You don't pull crap like that and justify it by 'cost savings'. And maybe it's a little thing, but I'd like to know how much negative customer feedback about that 'feature' was quashed in the interest of 'but it'll be just like it is in Dusseldorf! Won't that be cool??'

I too hate central locks....my mom has them/it on her BMW and it's horrible to have to reach all the way into the car to unlock the other doors if you don't have the key with you.

Hmmm.....I wonder if the keyless entry touch pad will be available?

Also, look at the bottom of the center stack in front of the gear selector on that super huge picture - looks like Focus will have Park Assist available.

More observations from pictures....

I'm not sure what setup Focus will get regarding navigation, climate, and myFord touch, and here's why:

-as noted, to this point, the myFord system uses two separate LCD screens flanking a speedometer, and this Focus obviously doesn't have that setup. At the same time, it does have the 5-way controllers on the steering wheel.

-the screen down by the climate buttons confuses me - it is in Celcius, so I'm not sure whether that will be on US models a) equipped with nav or B) not equipped with nav

-the display on the center nav screen is obviously fake - it's on 'climate' mode and shows A/C seats as well as rear air controls (come to think of it, I guess that means rear passengers in the Edge/MKX will now have their own controls? That's great, IMO, if true). Also, it conflicts with the lower screen since it's in Fahrenheit, while the other one's celcius as mentioned above.

-The speedometer has mph as the main markings, rather than kmh, so I guess it's a US one, but again, that conflicts with the lower climate screen.

I too hate central locks....my mom has them/it on her BMW and it's horrible to have to reach all the way into the car to unlock the other doors if you don't have the key with you.

Hmmm.....I wonder if the keyless entry touch pad will be available?

Also, look at the bottom of the center stack in front of the gear selector on that super huge picture - looks like Focus will have Park Assist available.

It may also may have the option of turn key left (in the lock) for driver and right for all doors as well. I agree reaching inside to unlock is a pain. I thought power locks were supposed to eliminate reaching inside to unlock your other doors...I usually don't unlock for others, my fast can't handle the weight. ;)

Is this strange-looking extra panel the fuel door?

post-16822-1263187897_thumb.png

If so, how 'come the 4-door has a thumb-notch for the fuel door but the hatch doesn't?

DEARBORN, Mich.—Ford Motor Co. is to unveil its all-new Focus compact car on Monday, and a telling detail is a small bump on each of the vehicle's taillights.

These lips jut out just enough to interrupt the airflow around the back of the car, reducing turbulence and allowing the redesigned Focus to travel a bit farther on a tank of gas. Most customers might never notice, but it is the kind of detail Ford engineers now refer to as "one percenters"—tweaks that add up to increased fuel efficiency.

Despite all this talk of Global, the new Focus is really a European car through and through and through. No trace of American cheapness or Asian weirdness.

:hysterical:

There are a few here that insist that the USA made and design cars are the best in the world. :reading:

Overall - This car is pretty stunning. The quality of the execution is pretty amazing actually....it oozes quality and it also just took allot of folks who thought about buying a Fusion and put them in a Focus..the size of the sedan looks huge.

The width of the car is something that surprises me..it's so much wider, the stance is so much more modern, aka BMW or MB, that I can't think of a Ford product that went from what it's old width was to this in a generation.

Can't wait to buy it...I'd want the five door hatch...

They've definitely come up with something decent looking compared to the Mazda3, but that cutout on the hood looks strange.

I can appreciate the lack of a bird beak like on the Toyotas, but the cutout looks odd. I'd think they could have come up with a better way to incorporate the logo. Maybe it's the "straight across" line of the hood, interupted by a "Kilroy was here" cutout that makes it look out of place.

Overall, very impressive.

So I'm confused, is this the US spec version or not?

Academically, there are some elements about the design that just aren't brilliant. Instictively, I like the car right away, but I know there are things that bug me (Richard did a good job pointing them out).

I am thrilled to see a NA Ford with a great profile and an expressive body design (although Taurus finally introduced us to good architecture again). The rear of the sedan is just about spot-on, I'm so thrilled by what they did but would like to see more interesting lens jewelry. The fascia is not the greatest, although I would really like to see it without the license plate. like all European Fords, the fascia doesn't have much definition to it beyond the trapezoidal grille detail. The Taurus improved this nicely with that raised and sculpted hood with the larger more sculptural bumper (this is probably an American's prerference).

The interior design is great, but the switchgear assortment is far too Euro for my taste, this is one area Ford of NA has been doing better. The controls above the Climate panel are nice (even the non-Nav version), but the climate control block is just horrible IMO, not another orphaned display in the basement! We were almost done with this, even the old NA Focus cured this nicely! I am growing concerned that the Ford experience is growing more disperate from vehicle to vehicle, they were on the bath to a nicely unified set of standards which was key to customer sastisfaction.

Okay, I had to get that criticism out of the way. I will be at the show this weekend to see for myself and I know I'll love it.

Edited by BORG

Fantastic! Saw this last night (first picture I saw was the gas door on the hatchback, which puzzled me as to what it was. Then realized it was only on one side. Very clever!)

I can't find anything that would turn me off to this car. Much more fond of the hatch vs the sedan, but even if only the sedan were available it would be on my shopping list.

I see only the two shots of the interior, are there more images?

Bravo Ford!