2011 Mustang transmission from China?

Forget MSRP. I want to know the X-plan price. :D

You can't get that unless you work for BaE LOL

They go for 1.25 Million for the M2A2 and 1.54 Million for the M2A3...I'm sure if you work out something with the US Government, they'll hook you up with a deal if you buy a Battalion of them (roughly 55-60 M2's) with free support vehicles to go along with it ;)

You can't get that unless you work for BaE LOL

They go for 1.25 Million for the M2A2 and 1.54 Million for the M2A3...I'm sure if you work out something with the US Government, they'll hook you up with a deal if you buy a Battalion of them (roughly 55-60 M2's) with free support vehicles to go along with it ;)

That will come in handy during the next Spanish Inquisition. I will be expecting it! :shades:

The manual on the 2011 Mustang GT is made in China and posted on the window. I posted this last week on a Mustang thread and not a word about it. No one cares on this thread either. They would rather talk about Walmart.

Btw, I like your picture of the Torino GT. We had one just like it back in the late 60's and it was gold in color. I believe it was a 1968 Torino GT. We also bought a '72 Gran Torino after the Torino GT.

Thanks,

My first car

Apparently not, even after > 30 posts. I didn't think discussion threads on BON forums would have such a low signal to noise ratio. Anyway, I'll take a stab at this:

The 6-speed manual used in the 2011 Mustang is the Ford/Getrag MT82, originally developed for the RWD Mk7 Ford Transit and Land Rover Defender. The main production site for this transmission is the Ford/Getrag JV plant in Halewood, UK.

In 2006, a localization program with Jiangling Motors Company Group to produce the MT82 transmission in China (parallel to the launch of the Mk7 Ford Transit for the Chinese domestic market) was officially approved by JMC and Getrag. The JMC/Getrag transmission manufacturing facility and China hq is located in Nanchang, Jiangxi Province. Information about this facility can be found here. Also, attached is a PDF that details the localization program.

Both the JMC/Getrag Nanchang plant and the MT82 transmission itself are top notch. Ford was wise to extend application of this tranny to the Mustang and to source it from Nanchang. :yup:

Thanks! One would think that this thread would be two posts long...the first question and this answer.

That would be the last post necessary.

Earlier someone mentioned a high 'noise to signal' ratio.

Here's the deal: What happens when you tune your radio to a frequency with no station? Lots of noise. No signal.

There's darn little information out there about where this transmission is coming from, so nobody on the board has the information in mind.

Therefore the question goes unanswered.

Eventually a kind soul does what the original poster could have done as well (to wit: he used a search engine), and furnishes the result.

But to ask a question and expect us to research the answer? Sorry. You'll get plenty of noise and no signal if that's what you want.

BTW: I'm sure the OP didn't expect us to drop everything and hunt all over the internet to get an answer: I'm sure he thought one of us -knew- the answer. It turns out none of us did, hence the China blather, the union blather, the military waste blather, and finally the Spanish Inquisition blather. It's just the way things work around here.

If we'd known, we'd have said something. Since we didn't, well, this is what you get.

I checked...its true....right there on the window..Source...transmission = China....

Thanks......close enough to the "Truth" as we'll get for now. "But to ask a question and expect us to research the answer? Sorry. You'll get plenty of noise and no signal if that's what you want." This is a Ford board.......there's gotta be a few people who have a 5.0 Mustang in their inventory to snap a pic of it! Geez!

No need to do an internet search, blah, blah, blah.

Thanks......close enough to the "Truth" as we'll get for now. "But to ask a question and expect us to research the answer? Sorry. You'll get plenty of noise and no signal if that's what you want." This is a Ford board.......there's gotta be a few people who have a 5.0 Mustang in their inventory to snap a pic of it! Geez!

No need to do an internet search, blah, blah, blah.

the day any threads here become one word answers and mono syllabic ,fail to deviate from the assumed correct course, a nd become a snooze fest, will be the day I will assume an alternate identity to rile things up.....just call me P72.....

Well the question was "Does anyone know anything about the decision behind this or any details on this matter?"...I dont think anyone said, "I demand someone to tell me, and research what this tranny is about"...in other words, "Does someone here, just happen to know", thats all it stemmed from.

If someone wants to take great steps to go and research where it's from, what plant, the facility, then that was nice of them to do so. I've seen some of you go to great extents to prove someone wrong on one of their statements, so surely, it wouldnt hurt to do something POSITIVE, and provide worthwhile data instead.

there's gotta be a few people who have a 5.0 Mustang in their inventory to snap a pic of it! Geez!

AFAIK, deanh, ice-capades, campbell53, and ironhorse are the only Ford dealership employees that frequent this board.

And, among them, dean's about the only 'regular'.

Edited by RichardJensen

AFAIK, deanh, ice-capades, campbell53, and ironhorse are the only Ford dealership employees that frequent this board.

And, among them, dean's about the only 'regular'.

theres a red 5.0 outside my office...Itruthfully never knew about the Trans until it was mentioned here, and in reality I felt a little dis-appointed...perhaps even more so than when I see French parts...hope Im not becoming bigoted...nah....EVERYONE hates the french....and with deadly petfood, tainted toys and milk powder china doesnt deserve any hugs either....BUT since its ford i'll take it with a grain of rice..I mean salt...oh, and i dare say some of the plastics etc utilized in any of Fords lineup could be back tracked to a certain company having a tough time dealing with a certain oil spillage in the gulf.....

Edited by Deanh