I am a Camaro Owner

Kahdir

+1...if i'm spending that type of moola I would tolerate just about anything rather than compromise....course I could over react like a spoiled child then bleat on a website for those willing to listen....hey, the system sucks, get over it....

Spoken like a grizzled veteran of front line customer service. Maybe it's time for a fresh approach.

This hits it right on the head. Whether or not you agree with the level of patience of the OP, the fact remains that if Ford had relayed an appropriate amount of info to him, he'd wait it out and this thread wouldn't exist. If you read his post again you will see that he while he was having issues with the wait the fact that he DID NOT FEEL FORD VALUED him as a customer. Personally I've walked away from companies for good for that reason. They've lost 000's of dollars of my business as a result.

group hug....I want to be treated like the Sultan of Brunai all the time too, just because its me and I'm special.....man, you guys need to toughen up and learn to deal....this issue isnt even close to severe....now, if he bought a car and the trans fell out...THATS an issue....if someone is overly sensitive over being relayed the status of an ordered vehicle, thet screams WAHHHHHHHH!....why cant people just accept that when dealing with Human beings and process's mistakes and flaws are the norm...

Spoken like a grizzled veteran of front line customer service. Maybe it's time for a fresh approach.

bollocks...you obviously cant deal with reality........sorry I dont sugar coat it...which is probably what caused this situation in the first place no? :ohsnap:

I will say it again...I feel for the guy, and he may be a victim of bad communication, or the info relayed to him was "sugar coated" by someone themselves in the dark just to appese. Flip side of that is I have dealt with this situation so many times that my "realty" check may come across as brash because its NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR. Apologies, but youre in denial if you think this never happens....I have had customers wait over 6 months for their ordered vehicles....had a guy order a 6.2 Raptor LAST SEPTEMBER....delivered last month on the 30th, and hes happy he waited......and we couldnt get an answer on the wait either ( rumour was their was an issue with the 6.2 engine )....he appreciated being told everthing up front.....perhaps this didnt happen to the OP.

I will say it again...I feel for the guy, and he may be a victim of bad communication, or the info relayed to him was "sugar coated" by someone themselves in the dark just to appese. Flip side of that is I have dealt with this situation so many times that my "realty" check may come across as brash because its NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR. Apologies, but youre in denial if you think this never happens....I have had customers wait over 6 months for their ordered vehicles....had a guy order a 6.2 Raptor LAST SEPTEMBER....delivered last month on the 30th, and hes happy he waited......and we couldnt get an answer on the wait either ( rumour was their was an issue with the 6.2 engine )....he appreciated being told everthing up front.....perhaps this didnt happen to the OP.

And that's the flip side of the equation, expectation management. The whole thing pretty much boils down to issues with communication. Improve communication and you can minimize, though not completely alleviate the problem. A good salesman would probably be able to pick up that a customer isn't going to be able to wait that long, and steer them towards more instant gratification.

And that's the flip side of the equation, expectation management. The whole thing pretty much boils down to issues with communication. Improve communication and you can minimize, though not completely alleviate the problem. A good salesman would probably be able to pick up that a customer isn't going to be able to wait that long, and steer them towards more instant gratification.

double edged sword...and in my experience if you even try to divert or steer them elsewhere one is usually met with a little hostility. Fact is when an updated or revamped or new drivetrain comes along expect a wait...anyone that tells you otherwise is naive....and if stating reality comes off as brash I apologize, but no amount of foot rubs, caffe Lattes and complimentary bagels changes those facts............and I will NOT mislead someone, i would rather lose the potential sale ( 6 months down the road...lol )

double edged sword...and in my experience if you even try to divert or steer them elsewhere one is usually met with a little hostility. Fact is when an updated or revamped or new drivetrain comes along expect a wait...anyone that tells you otherwise is naive....and if stating reality comes off as brash I apologize, but no amount of foot rubs, caffe Lattes and complimentary bagels changes those facts............and I will NOT mislead someone, i would rather lose the potential sale ( 6 months down the road...lol )

No one is expecting you to mislead people. And I'm not looking to sugar coat it (see people's reactions to the false enthusiasm of the CS people on the phone). I'm advocating for more truthful information, right down to telling the customer exactly why it is that a QC fix will take x amount of time. If it's misprinted labels or a missing/out of spec part then fine. But that's just me, I'm a "why" kind of person.

No one is expecting you to mislead people. And I'm not looking to sugar coat it (see people's reactions to the false enthusiasm of the CS people on the phone). I'm advocating for more truthful information, right down to telling the customer exactly why it is that a QC fix will take x amount of time. If it's misprinted labels or a missing/out of spec part then fine. But that's just me, I'm a "why" kind of person.

problem there if it is a QC problem that info will NOT be shared for fear of bad publicity,,,I hear what you are saying, but please understand from my ( dealers ) point of veiw the frustration WE go through as well....I got so wound up so many times I basically just gave up trying to get straight answers...the communication process is with out a doubt, the most infuriating "dark age " process we have to endure....all we can say is we will ATTEMPT to find out, which we do, we go through various multiple channels, only to be informed to contact our Zone rep....whom also knows ZILCH!...ARRRRRRRG! The process NEEDS fixing, unfortunately i dont see any glimmers of light in the process...course theres always the Camaro...hmmmm :shades:

I've never ordered a new car, just got what was off the lot.

When people order cars are they told it will take longer? f so In that case shouldn't they expect it?

Even here I think most people think it's a sales ploy to sell existing stock.

I'd bet most people who ordered EARLY expect to get it EARLY.

I've never ordered a new car, just got what was off the lot.

When people order cars are they told it will take longer? f so In that case shouldn't they expect it?

Even here I think most people think it's a sales ploy to sell existing stock.

I'd bet most people who ordered EARLY expect to get it EARLY.

not necessarily...prior to ordering we get a predicted 'mix" sent from Ford. They basically predict how many cars will be optioned a specific way...just for giggles lets say they predict 93 % of Mustangs will get ordered with an Auto and leather and they tool up to reflect that. Someone deviates and orders a cloth 6 speed manual....chances are that car will take longer, may experience a commodity issue ( lack of manual trans ) and take a tad longer....

not necessarily...prior to ordering we get a predicted 'mix" sent from Ford. They basically predict how many cars will be optioned a specific way...just for giggles lets say they predict 93 % of Mustangs will get ordered with an Auto and leather and they tool up to reflect that. Someone deviates and orders a cloth 6 speed manual....chances are that car will take longer, may experience a commodity issue ( lack of manual trans ) and take a tad longer....

Yeah, kind of like ordering a sunroof in a Fiesta......LATE availability would mean a very late delivery.

Regarding the genleman who decided to go with the commonly available Camaro, not a horrible choice.....but it does seem "so 2009" though :stirpot:

But even if he didn't get the car he ordered, GTs are making it to the dealers (I saw a new Grabber Blue 5.0 GT on my residential block this week) why not get one of those instead? He could of gotten the car he wanted, maybe not the car he ordered. Now he's getting neither.

• Like 1

Yeah, kind of like ordering a sunroof in a Fiesta......LATE availability would mean a very late delivery.

Regarding the genleman who decided to go with the commonly available Camaro, not a horrible choice.....but it does seem "so 2009" though :stirpot:

But even if he didn't get the car he ordered, GTs are making it to the dealers (I saw a new Grabber Blue 5.0 GT on my residential block this week) why not get one of those instead? He could of gotten the car he wanted, maybe not the car he ordered. Now he's getting neither.

thats compromise Tim...something some people are seemingly incapable of.....

thats compromise Tim...something some people are seemingly incapable of.....

Not near the compromise of getting a Camaro.

Of course, by buying a 'Stang off the lot, he couldn't spite Ford. As I mentioned earlier, kinda sucks to get the raw end of the deal while trying to spite someone else. Kinda like breaking your fist while punching someone in the face, while only leaving them with a bloody lip.

Not near the compromise of getting a Camaro.

Of course, by buying a 'Stang off the lot, he couldn't spite Ford. As I mentioned earlier, kinda sucks to get the raw end of the deal while trying to spite someone else. Kinda like breaking your fist while punching someone in the face, while only leaving them with a bloody lip.

hey, I hope he enjoys the camaro...I just feel he will constantly be asking himself "What if? ".....he probably feels betrayed right now, thus the post, something was taken away from him he felt/ was entitled too and he got antsy and upped to the Chevy ....thus the angst....but hey, two wrongs dont make a right

Edited by Deanh

No one should compromise on a $20K or greater purchase.

Should they?

then one is faced with a dilemma...compromise or patience....... :ohsnap: this guy obviously had some kind of hot button on the Mustang he ordered otherwise he would have compromised.....

Edited by Deanh

No one should compromise on a $20K or greater purchase.

Should they?

You didn't compromise on your house? Everything was exactly how you dreamed it?

Raptor's don't come with cooled seats. I wouldn't wait until 2012 for the option to be available. I'd go ahead and enjoy one for a year or two, and then buy the one with cooled seats when available.

Everything in life is a compromise of want vs. money to afford that want (for us mere mortals anyway...I'm not Bill Gates).

See, I wanted a Ford GT for my second car, but I had to settle for a 26" bicycle instead. :(

yeah, but it was a $25k custom carbon Colnago with full Campy Record..... :hysterical:

dean i know your a car dealer owner or something along those lines..i suspect your even a cute dealer owner...so i suggest to avoid all this in the future may be get an endless reel of queen playing "i want it all i want it now"..i can see both sides of this..he bought a kamoro..so he is happy and ford is happy and the dealer is happy..problem is 20 years ago al gores internet was a non factor..today he has posted on al gores enhanced internet for all of us to see..thats why ford needs to at least make some effort to communicate with the dealer and then the dealer can explain it to the buyer..problem is now solved