I am a Camaro Owner

Kahdir

As some of you know the history of me trying to get my car,

The owner of the dealership has stepped up at this point my experience has gone from terrible to wow..

was told my car would be here today, well another week has gone by without my 2011 GT ordered 2.11.10. if your wondering why there are NO CARS in some areas of new england? the trucking company is taking their sweet time moving them, they dont have enough trucks to transport all the cars at the offloading ramp in albany, ny and the reason the car was held up in bringhampton, there was no room to offload in Albany.

a quote from the trucking company email sent to someone in the chain of whats been going on..

"too bad he has been waiting for so long, we have a backlog of transporting cars to other dealers as well, we dont have enough trucks to move them, his car will get there when it gets there".

that was in the email to regional managers that was shown to me.

so its not the dealers fault.. but they have really stepped up to make me happy and prevent me from buying something else, somewhere else..

so as far as the dealer stepping up..

they gave me a 2010 v-6 convertible til my car arrives.

its not mine. but will hold me over til it arrives.. plus i can get used to driving a mustang again (size wise).. since my 95 GT was sold several months ago.

good news i only have to pay for gas!

As some of you know the history of me trying to get my car,

The owner of the dealership has stepped up at this point my experience has gone from terrible to wow..

was told my car would be here today, well another week has gone by without my 2011 GT ordered 2.11.10. if your wondering why there are NO CARS in some areas of new england? the trucking company is taking their sweet time moving them, they dont have enough trucks to transport all the cars at the offloading ramp in albany, ny and the reason the car was held up in bringhampton, there was no room to offload in Albany.

a quote from the trucking company email sent to someone in the chain of whats been going on..

"too bad he has been waiting for so long, we have a backlog of transporting cars to other dealers as well, we dont have enough trucks to move them, his car will get there when it gets there".

that was in the email to regional managers that was shown to me.

so its not the dealers fault.. but they have really stepped up to make me happy and prevent me from buying something else, somewhere else..

so as far as the dealer stepping up..

they gave me a 2010 v-6 convertible til my car arrives.

its not mine. but will hold me over til it arrives.. plus i can get used to driving a mustang again (size wise).. since my 95 GT was sold several months ago.

good news i only have to pay for gas!

glad to hear your dealer decided to help keep you a ford guy, thats one less 'im a camaro owner' thread to be started over these ongoing shipping delays :) Enjoy that loaner!

how about tracking mine..

nobody can find it.. including my dealer.. regional reps or cs.

eta was may 26

1ZVBP8CF1B5121481

if i need to i can tell you a long involved story on why no one has been able track it in V.V.

i'll keep it short.. car ordered 2.11.10 retail x-plan..

on june 4. my dealer i ordered from closed and merged with another dealer.. all ordered got screwed up in shipping and the car is supposedly sitting somewhere

Are you an owner yet?

Are you an owner yet?

yes i am.. thank you all for your help and support, in the back channels.. you know who you are..

unfortunatly all the pic that were taken are in my gf camera in her pocket book waiting to be uploaded..

but here is one taken on my cell

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31369597&id=1036640176

should be able to see it even if you dont have a facebook account..

i'll upload more when i get them..

overall impressions.. quiet, almost too quiet, 1st is a little too short esp. with 3.73's , finish is excellent, and ride is out of this world, alot of fun to drive fast, but i seem to be driving it slower than any other car ive driven when cruising around town.

• Like 1

yes i am.. thank you all for your help and support, in the back channels.. you know who you are..

unfortunatly all the pic that were taken are in my gf camera in her pocket book waiting to be uploaded..

but here is one taken on my cell

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31369597&id=1036640176

should be able to see it even if you dont have a facebook account..

i'll upload more when i get them..

overall impressions.. quiet, almost too quiet, 1st is a little too short esp. with 3.73's , finish is excellent, and ride is out of this world, alot of fun to drive fast, but i seem to be driving it slower than any other car ive driven when cruising around town.

As frustrating as the wait was, I'm sure you consider it well worth it. She's a 'beaut! Congrats man... I look forward to seeing more pics of the new rig.

Ahhhh.....the pay off of waiting for "just a little longer"....hello Kahdir?? How is that Camaro buddy??

He is in the shop again getting the rear end fixed, or getting the spoiler bolted back on, or whatever seems to be ailing those junk heaps. Or maybe he is out getting his mullet "done".

• Like 1

Well I waited 4 months for my 05 GT back in the day. But I'm glad I did. People still stare at my car. It still looks like new and drives great!! Thanks ford. Now I am waiting to see the new Explorer. Perhaps my Mustang will have a new garagemate!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I waited 4 months for my 05 GT back in the day. But I'm glad I did. People still stare at my car. It still looks like new and drives great!! Thanks ford. Now I am waiting to see the new Explorer. Perhaps my Mustang will have a new garagemate!

I still get complements on my 06 Mustang GT from people....

I still think the exterior of the 05-09 Mustang looks better. The interior and engineering are another matter.

It looks boxy and oversized to me whereas the 2010+ looks sleeker and taughter - more athletic.

Kinda like a pro wrestler with a big gut vs. a chiseled football player.

It looks boxy and oversized to me whereas the 2010+ looks sleeker and taughter - more athletic.

Kinda like a pro wrestler with a big gut vs. a chiseled football player.

to me the 05 kinda looked more like a Mustang...the 2010's -um- ok- "one questionable styling feature to the eyes of many Mustang enthusiasts" (I'm trying to quit bashing that ass end) still has me wanting one about as much as a 73-04 model...there were some nice cars in there, just they didnt appeal to me...like the late great GTO showed, a great car still needs the right look to get the sales volume manufacturers want...the 05 had waiting lines, and while it was definitely a great car, in my goofy opinion its lines sold it more than its engineering improvements over the prior year...and I think that 'one questionable styling feature' HAS hurt what could have been a flawlessly executed version of the mustang in its latest rendition

to those in love with the non-business end of the 10+, thats fine - but there were a lot of folks that loved the look of the GTO, the freestyle, and many other 'faded into oblivion due to low sales volumes' models. they dont need a lot of folks that want the car, they need a whole lot.

IMO ford needs to:

#1) keep the styling based more on first/second generation models- I think a poll will always show the lions share of 'favorites' fall in those years...like a 57 chevy, or 56 F100, there will always be certain styles that will never be considered ugly

look at a 57 and a 58 chevy...58 has some fans, but 99% of folks would take the 57...

I think a decade from now the 10's 'non-traditional' chamferred bumper/notched taillights/4 backup/big plastic whatchamacallit will still make a 9/10 comparison poll similar to a 57/58 poll...once the newness/5.0 desire wanes a bit, that backend wont be looking any better.

#2) keep the base cost of the base stripped car affordable- and make money in volume...the 65 sold a couple million units, but base priced close to other entry level cars... the 10+ is getting too pricey