I am a Camaro Owner

Kahdir

I am back from a few days away...was able to read, but posting was a pain in the butt, so I figured I would post when I get back.....

Kahdir...I stand by my opinion....you were impatient and you went for "second best" ....if you didn't want to wait for your Mustang, that's fine...but then to come here and flash your POS Camaro like it makes a big difference...c'mon guy...get real.....why don't you go and brag over at GMI....they would be more than happy to hear of your "tale of woe"....unless you can return your Camaro under GM's 60 return program...if it is still going.....enjoy your Camaro dude....I still think you could of held off for a few more days.....but like another poster said....we are in the " I want it now now now..." era and everyone looks for instant gratification, only to be disappointed that they didn't wait.....

I hope your Camaro is what you expected.....

... 218 miles ...

and where is mine? my vin is on the first page. ordered 2-11-10

if you need or want a long drawn out nightmare of my order.. i'll be more than happy to type it out the full story..

abridged story below

not only long wait time , vehicle hold, dealer closing, shipping to wrong dealer, and im still awaiting for my car cause no one can track it..

so where is it?

and for all you guys saying i have no right to be upset or i want my car NOW NOW NOW..

your absolutly right.. I WANT IT NOW. i shouldnt have to wait 6 months when others are getting it in less.. I PRE - ORDERED FOR A REASON esp when promised a SPRING DELIVERY BY FORD!.. when i see cars go from ORDERED to DELIVERED in just over 2 WEEKS, it gets me more pissed.. now were in JULY and i still dont have a car that was ordered in FEB... but some people that ordered in June already have delivery..

and where is mine? my vin is on the first page. ordered 2-11-10

if you need or want a long drawn out nightmare of my order.. i'll be more than happy to type it out the full story..

abridged story below

not only long wait time , vehicle hold, dealer closing, shipping to wrong dealer, and im still awaiting for my car cause no one can track it..

so where is it?

and for all you guys saying i have no right to be upset or i want my car NOW NOW NOW..

your absolutly right.. I WANT IT NOW. i shouldnt have to wait 6 months when others are getting it in less.. I PRE - ORDERED FOR A REASON esp when promised a SPRING DELIVERY BY FORD!.. when i see cars go from ORDERED to DELIVERED in just over 2 WEEKS, it gets me more pissed.. now were in JULY and i still dont have a car that was ordered in FEB... but some people that ordered in June already have delivery..

you werent TOLD anything definite...the E in ETA stands for estimated, understand your anguish, an obvious wrench was thrown in the cogs when the initiating dealer went POOF. And off the crack pipe, you have NEVER EVER seen a vehicle go from ordered to delivery in 2 weeks...NEVER....course I remember the magic bean story too....like I have constantly said, and SIGH, will say again, at initial release there are all sorts of potential delays....they have even been known to run out of certain Wheels AND get this, Crown Victoria Police vehicles were delayed due to running out of WHITE paint....oh, and PS if ordered in Feb 1st and its July 1st thats 5 months and one day.....what did your order consist of equipment wise? bet there was a material hold on something...

you werent TOLD anything definite...the E in ETA stands for estimated, understand your anguish, an obvious wrench was thrown in the cogs when the initiating dealer went POOF. And off the crack pipe, you have NEVER EVER seen a vehicle go from ordered to delivery in 2 weeks...NEVER....course I remember the magic bean story too....like I have constantly said, and SIGH, will say again, at initial release there are all sorts of potential delays....they have even been known to run out of certain Wheels AND get this, Crown Victoria Police vehicles were delayed due to running out of WHITE paint....oh, and PS if ordered in Feb 1st and its July 1st thats 5 months and one day.....what did your order consist of equipment wise? bet there was a material hold on something...

as far as equipment wise .. 5 others on that list were EXACT same options packages not to mention others on different sites..

color, options, save for roof type all cars were identicle ..

try reading that

there is a list of build to delivery dates.. and alot havnt been updated..

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/build-delivered-vin-sequence-483256/index48/

as far as equipment wise .. 5 others on that list were EXACT same options packages not to mention others on different sites..

color, options, save for roof type all cars were identicle ..

try reading that

there is a list of build to delivery dates.. and alot havnt been updated..

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/build-delivered-vin-sequence-483256/index48/

once again list the equipment....i dont care if several were ordered the same way..did THEIR dealer go under??????? and read what...multiple threads with a common denominator...wheres my mustang wah wah?...hmmmm, after reading numerous quotes stating the same thing I think if I was a customer I would UNDERSTAND theres a delay, even MORE so if the origionating dealer went under. FORGET blogs and Forums...HERS reallity, once a vehicle has a build date, soonafter comes an ESTIMATED WEEK OF delivery time...simple, it does NOT take into account QC issues, material holds an supply shortages...and thiose issues become WORSE if demand is high. Also there is a side issue called ALLOCATION....if a dealer orders 15 Mustangs, but his months allocation only allows for 8 ...guess what...yep, potentially 7 can be delayed....capice? No offense but quit whining it wont speed ANYTHING up...what the hell happened to one ability to deal with impatience in this country?????? The process isnt perfect, there are a multitude of issues....the car will come, but you ARE a special case in regards to the initial dealer going POOF...I will try to dig up a Ford Relations phone number for you if you wish....

This is simple. If you order from a dealer, they give you an ESTIMATE as to when it will come in. If something happens that is out of the control of the dealer, the dealer should notify you of the delay and, if it is going to be a much longer time before the car is due to arrive, you should have the option to wait or get your deopsit, if any, back. Being a ford lover I personally cannot imagine canceling the deal if the dealer was up front and showed me documentation as to what was causing the problem.

If Habib or whatever really wanted a Mustang deep down in his soul he would have waited.

He is now Govt Motor's problem.

Probably the best thing to happen to the Ford dealer.

Edited by DUCKRACER
  • Like 1

one more question...if no-one could track it how did you know it went to the wrong dealer and why not just go over there and pick it up? course...I wonder if they would honor the orig deal...you may want to investigate an Xplan....

• Like 1

one more question...if no-one could track it how did you know it went to the wrong dealer and why not just go over there and pick it up? course...I wonder if they would honor the orig deal...you may want to investigate an Xplan....

here is my options list..

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CF1B5121481

by the way it origianly was listed as an X-Plan in the sticker with my name listed there in the options.. but PRIOR to shipping the sticker was changed due to the dealer that it was going to get shipped to closed.. and FORD decided to send the car to another dealer in the area, on-top of the fact no one could track it.

as far as how come no one could track it..

V.V. can only track cars purchased by that dealer.. thats what i was told by CS, and several dealers..

you dont know the full story of b.s that has transpired like i said, i gave your the very short abridged version.. nor do you any of you fully understand mine or Khadir's issues.. so think twice prior to passing judgment on anyone that that is complaining about an order..

i read on here something about McDonald's well think of it this was.. you place your order for a big mac hold the pickles.. but 300 bigmacs get served while and stand there and watch other come and go WELL after you ordered yours.. guess what they are now home sitting watching tv.. but your still sitting at McDonald waiting for that bigmac you ordered yesterday.. because since you custom ordered yours, its special

In this age where I can track a $299 iPhone from Shanghang, China to my doorstep and every stop of the way (to the minute)....It doesn't seem like a tall order to have some sort of tracking system on a $30K car that customers can track as well without needing 50 go-betweens.

If the process involves the customer, they will appreciate it (and at least know what the heck is going on when issues like this topic arises).

An online tracking system can benefit the customer as well as Ford.

Not only will the customer be informed of their future vehicle's progress, it can be used by Ford as marketing tool to gain additional customers (think every step of the process sending auto-updates to your facebook account, etc...) Heck, it might even spur on more custom orders. Hell, Ford can even make an app for it that can also be used to populate their Sync system with their personal touches before they even get the vehicle. There are a lot of possibilities.

Sorry, but customer service is KING. It should not fall on the dealer to provide all the customer service. Ford needs to get involved as well. Saying "this is how it has always been and it ain't changing" doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies as a customer. Ford can either lead in this arena or wait until someone else does.

• Like 1

here is my options list..

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CF1B5121481

by the way it origianly was listed as an X-Plan in the sticker with my name listed there in the options.. but PRIOR to shipping the sticker was changed due to the dealer that it was going to get shipped to closed.. and FORD decided to send the car to another dealer in the area, on-top of the fact no one could track it.

as far as how come no one could track it..

V.V. can only track cars purchased by that dealer.. thats what i was told by CS, and several dealers..

you dont know the full story of b.s that has transpired like i said, i gave your the very short abridged version.. nor do you any of you fully understand mine or Khadir's issues.. so think twice prior to passing judgment on anyone that that is complaining about an order..

i read on here something about McDonald's well think of it this was.. you place your order for a big mac hold the pickles.. but 300 bigmacs get served while and stand there and watch other come and go WELL after you ordered yours.. guess what they are now home sitting watching tv.. but your still sitting at McDonald waiting for that bigmac you ordered yesterday.. because since you custom ordered yours, its special

Your car was in NY when I checked earlier today.

Who from Ford promised you a spring delivery?

In this age where I can track a $299 iPhone from Shanghang, China to my doorstep and every stop of the way (to the minute)....It doesn't seem like a tall order to have some sort of tracking system on a $30K car that customers can track as well without needing 50 go-betweens.

If the process involves the customer, they will appreciate it (and at least know what the heck is going on when issues like this topic arises).

Not only will the customer be informed of their future vehicle's progress, it can be used by Ford as marketing tool to gain additional customers (think every step of the process sending auto-updates to your facebook account, etc...) Heck, it might even spur on more custom orders. Hell, Ford can even make an app for it that can also be used to populate their Sync system with their personal touches before they even get the vehicle. There are a lot of possibilities.

Sorry, but customer service is KING. It should not fall on the dealer to provide all the customer service. Ford needs to get involved as well. Saying "this is how it has always been and it ain't changing" doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies as a customer. Ford can either lead in this arena or wait until someone else does.

I don't think this is that far off. But our ordering process is a mit more complex than having the item in stock and shipping like Amazon or watching your sandwich being made at a fast food restaurant. A good portion of the dealers have trouble grasping our ordering system with SIMS, SVS, allocation, layering an order bank, RTOM, build weeks, commodoty guides, previews, and more. And if the vehicle is sitting in a lot with 900 others and it takes 10 minutes to perform a QC check, are you OK with no update for 2 weeks? The dealership has information on when it ha been updated through VV - sometimes there is just no better information available.

Your car was in NY when I checked earlier today.

Who from Ford promised you a spring delivery?

In Transit Passing Blasn, NY

(Norfolk Southern Corp ) Jun-29-2010, 20:51 ET ,

think it should be in CT by now hell i can drive to buffalo in 6 hours from my location but a train cant make it to CT from where ever Balsn is?.. i have been getting bits and pieces of where it is by inside sources that i will not mention any further, that is the only way my DEALER was able to find the car and found out it was shipped to another..

as far as who promised spring delivery?

Dealer, regional Rep. and FORDS ADVERTISEMENTS! dealer didnt even know i could place an order in feb. thats why he called the regional rep. sorry that in it self is poor CS from any company.. and not only the dealer i ordered through but others locally as well had no clue we could order so early..

i personally hit f5 on the computer to complete the order, they had allocations this was PRIOR to R.O.V. .. they said " late april to early may for delivery.." i know they didnt start building til mid march.. and wass prepared for a short wait, in fact i even said to my gf "if i get it by june 1 ill be suprised"

i didnt recieve my VIN until april 30th.. when others already were taken delivery altho only a small few at that time.. i understand QC issues.,. i understand patience. but sorry.. 6 months from order to delivery is unacceptable in this day and age esp when i mentioned later orders being placed delivered and in possession in less than a month. to borrow a quote from another forum member.. "you cant sell a product based on emotion, then complain about that emotion when expectations are not met".

sorry ford dropped the ball big time, there are ALOT of people that have been long time Mustang enthusiast such as my self who are not happy with the way this has all been handled, of which placed orders to have them by the summer.. not take delivery mid summer.. and sorry July is MID SUMMER to me. when promised " SPRING"

by the way i found my original Window sticker and you can tell by the date on the bottom its totaly different from the one pulled today..

WindowSticker Rick\'s 2011 GT.pdf

• Like 1

(Norfolk Southern Corp ) Jun-29-2010, 20:51 ET

<Snip>

There's been 7 updates and 2 shuntings since Blasn. There is no full train that runs directly from Detroit to Connecticut. It is one car of a whole train, it gets to an intermediate point, railcars are shuffled, etc. gets connected to another train, and moves on.

Sure, you could drive directly from Connecticut to Buffalo in 6 hours; but to hire a tractor trailer to transport ONLY your car would cost you $2000. You're paying $850.

Forget the wait before it shipped , that's history now. Your car left Flat Rock 5 days ago. I've had regular mail take a week to get to NYC. Freaking out about it isn't going to make it arrive any sooner.

There's been 7 updates and 2 shuntings since Blasn. There is no full train that runs directly from Detroit to Connecticut. It is one car of a whole train, it gets to an intermediate point, railcars are shuffled, etc. gets connected to another train, and moves on.

i know there is no train from detroit to ct..

there are so many side aspects of this fiasco it not even funny..

so in your est. what would you say as far as when ill see this car? before or after the 4th? it should be getting shipped to Stevens Ford in Milford Ct.

Couple thoughts on this. First, the exact same problems that existed back when the S197 originally appeared in '05 still apparently exist today. At this stage in the evolution of digital data collection, the world wide web and the ability to write just about any program necessary for any business without too much difficulty, Ford should have a site now for ordered up customers to enter in a VIN# to be able to get an update on their build. Even if there are only say 5 or 6 catagories or status', it would at least give people like this a more warm and fuzzy feeling about their $25-$50k purchase. If properly designed, the system could be entirely automated. The investment would do wonders for treating customers better and I'm sure the people who get pounded daily by status seekers would also be excited about it as well. Once the factory assigns a VIN, dealership personnel could report that # to the customer with the web address. At that point, the customer would be able to personnally check their status daily or even hourly if they feel so inclined.

Fords global data network can surely handle this type of system and if properly architected, it could be implemented for every product Ford offers, not just the Mustang.

Understanding the weakness of Fords customer service situation with regard to special ordered cars was key to my obtaining my car before those who ordered special. I knew the basic options I wanted and simply kept watching www.forddirect.com and waiting for a stock unit to be targeted at an area dealer. Once I identified the target car, I called the dealership and arranged the deal. Buy purchasing a dealer stock unit, I had my car weeks before even those that pre-ordered.

oh, dont get me wrong i totally agree, but realize the scope of wht you are suggesting...how many cars does Ford sell a month?...now image the deluge of pissed off callers when they cant get through .....I say call because this whole thing is based on the accuracy of computer input.....and we have all experienced human error....and the tracking system they have now is obviously substandard and is computer based NOW...I personally would rather talk to someone than stare at a screen i cant ask questions....

(Norfolk Southern Corp ) Jun-29-2010, 20:51 ET ,

think it should be in CT by now hell i can drive to buffalo in 6 hours from my location but a train cant make it to CT from where ever Balsn is?.. i have been getting bits and pieces of where it is by inside sources that i will not mention any further, that is the only way my DEALER was able to find the car and found out it was shipped to another..

as far as who promised spring delivery?

Dealer, regional Rep. and FORDS ADVERTISEMENTS! dealer didnt even know i could place an order in feb. thats why he called the regional rep. sorry that in it self is poor CS from any company.. and not only the dealer i ordered through but others locally as well had no clue we could order so early..

i personally hit f5 on the computer to complete the order, they had allocations this was PRIOR to R.O.V. .. they said " late april to early may for delivery.." i know they didnt start building til mid march.. and wass prepared for a short wait, in fact i even said to my gf "if i get it by june 1 ill be suprised"

i didnt recieve my VIN until april 30th.. when others already were taken delivery altho only a small few at that time.. i understand QC issues.,. i understand patience. but sorry.. 6 months from order to delivery is unacceptable in this day and age esp when i mentioned later orders being placed delivered and in possession in less than a month. to borrow a quote from another forum member.. "you cant sell a product based on emotion, then complain about that emotion when expectations are not met".

sorry ford dropped the ball big time, there are ALOT of people that have been long time Mustang enthusiast such as my self who are not happy with the way this has all been handled, of which placed orders to have them by the summer.. not take delivery mid summer.. and sorry July is MID SUMMER to me. when promised " SPRING"

by the way i found my original Window sticker and you can tell by the date on the bottom its totaly different from the one pulled today..

WindowSticker Rick\'s 2011 GT.pdf

NICE car, and I spotted three items which are/ WERE slow in coming...1) manual trans...they were a small % of orig build. 2) Brembo package....they HAVE been slow in coming....3) Convertible ( see #1 ) understand your angst though, awesome car....

Hello everyone,

My name is Kahdir and I've been a Mustang fan since I can remember. I planned on keeping my 2005 Mustang GT (VIN #1ZVFT82H955118929) forever... until some teenage girl texting while driving rear-ended my Mustang, doing over $9k in damage. :(

Dissatisfied with the repairs after a lot of back & forth with my insurance company, I decided to replace it with a 2011 Mustang GT. I was able to chit chat with some of the Ford engineers at SEMA and heard that the order banks would open early for the new 5.0L. I had my dealer (the same one that I purchased my 2005 from) spec a car on 12/26/09, it was submitted on 1/18/10 (the day the order banks opened) and accepted on 1/19/10. Not quite sure why my car wasn't scheduled to be built until the week of May 10th (possible parts shortage on my options... :shrug: ) but it was built on May 14th with an ETA of May 22nd :yahoo:

Well, May 22nd came and went... it was then updated to June 1st ETA. Ok, I thought... until others that ordered afterwards were receiving their cars :angry: . I think the final straw for me was the lack of updated info on my car while some were able to receive their cars in as little as 18 days :censored: . Well, I checked one finally time on Friday (6/25/10) -to no surprise still no update! (VIN #1ZVBP8CF7B5118634)

During this extended torture of waiting for a car that was supposed to be delivered before Memorial Day weekend, I test drove a 2010 Camaro SS (6/11/10). While different in may ways to what I was used to, I was very pleased. For the next 2 weeks I debated in my mind the pros and cons of each vehicle... It was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make. I like both cars and even planned on owning both (be it a later time..) but not knowing what problems may or may not be afflicting my ordered 2011 Mustang was too much to chance.

Without too much more rambling, here is my new toy

Sorry to hear Ford couldnt keep you as a customer- but glad you found a American car that met your expectations- enjoy it :)

Sorry to hear Ford couldnt keep you as a customer- but glad you found a American car that met your expectations- enjoy it :)

As someone said on the Mustangsource board:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/road-track-black-brembo-gt-485053/

They're both very capable cars. We can argue about one being a little better on a skidpad, or a drag strip, or a winding road, but the bottom line is they're both very serious high-performance cars. And most people don't choose their car based on a couple tenths of a seconds anyway. I prefer the Mustang for a variety of reasons (styling, Sync & Nav, the whole interior) but I sure wouldn't criticize someone for choosing the Camaro.

NICE car, and I spotted three items which are/ WERE slow in coming...1) manual trans...they were a small % of orig build. 2) Brembo package....they HAVE been slow in coming....3) Convertible ( see #1 ) understand your angst though, awesome car....

It's a coupe, not that that should matter.

Good news for those waiting for cars

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/good-news-those-waiting-cars-484545/

Yeah, that's about how I felt. Stressed and a little depressed about the wait, my old Mustang was taken from me and financing was being annoying and I still hadn't even seen a 5.0. That all disappeared when I drove my new car.

Hang in there Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!