New 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD OWNER!!

Congrats again.

Um, it might be the camera angle, but it appears that the "AWD" badge and the "Sport" badge are not in alignment: the baseline of "Sport" appears to rise to the left, relative to the "AWD" badge. For what you paid, you deserve to have the badges on right. :)

Hmm. I'll have to take a closer look! Thanks for pointing it out.

One other thing I must add -- the Sony audio system is pretty dag gone good! I didn't really notice it at first because I was more keen on getting a sense for engine and road noise (which is minimal, by the way) and since I hadn't yet adjusted any of the settings. It's got pretty clear treble with some really thumping bass if you want it to. Kudos on the sound system.

I did experience my first random Sync reboot last night though. Re-loaded relatively quickly and has worked fine since then.

But apparently not for 2011. :ohsnap:

Hopefully the 2012s will be here early in the year.

2012 had a early date on the fleet order guides a few months ago, they were pulled off then the Mustang was added as in Jan 2011 Job 1 date. Edge might have got pushed back to go with the Job 1 date of the Flex.

There are no extenders on the sunvisors. However, with the rake of the A-pillar, with the visors down, they do a pretty good job of covering either the entire top of the windshield or side window when flipped sideways 90 degrees.

Didn't really see anything under the vehicle that should hinder easy oil changes.

Thanks for the info.

It's the little things that make a car more pleasant to live with that make the difference for me.

Ease of repair and maintenance is another important thing I look for. (how easy is it to change a headlight, flush the coolant, change the oil, reach the spare tire, etc.)

It's not parked in front of my house, so I DON'T LIKE IT! :rant2: :rant2: :P

Congrats on the ride, Nick. Should make driving up and down I-97 (or MD 10) a lot more fun. B)

(Off-topic: where did all the old smileys go?)

Yeah, it has been great to commute in so far. I need to lay off the accelerator though...right now I'm averaging just over 17 mpg.

(They all look like they're still there to me - just hit the Show All button on the Emoticon list.)

Easiest fix? DEBADGE!!!!!! :D

I took a closer look at the badges last night. Most of it was the angle of the photo. The Sport badge is straight, but the AWD one is slightly off kilter. It's not nearly as bad as it looks in the picture though.

And I've never been one to do the debadge thing, especially since I've usually been one to buy higher-trimmed vehicles. If I'm paying the premium of having a Sport with AWD, I want everybody to know it. :lol:

I took a closer look at the badges last night. Most of it was the angle of the photo. The Sport badge is straight, but the AWD one is slightly off kilter. It's not nearly as bad as it looks in the picture though.

And I've never been one to do the debadge thing, especially since I've usually been one to buy higher-trimmed vehicles. If I'm paying the premium of having a Sport with AWD, I want everybody to know it. :lol:

Elitist snob...

:P

When it comes to my cars, yeah I guess. Haha. I don't really give a crap about brand names when it comes to almost anything else.

Me too, just my cars and electronics. I like Sony for my home stuff (TV, surround sound, Blu-Ray, PS3, etc.) and Pioneer for the car. Maybe appliances too, I have all Whirlpool & Kitchenaid. But that's it. Well, except for shoes, I'm partial to Skechers. But really that's it. Oh and tools too, I prefer Craftsman & Dewalt (and some Black & Decker)...

And for me, I say "Lincoln LS 5-speed manual".

Outstanding ride Nick. My dealer has a black/black one, it looks terrific. Almost more eye-catching than a Mustang, in my opinion.

I have a new Edge SEL sitting next to my 05 Mustang GT in the garage. I gotta say, my garage is looking really good.

I went to the Seattle auto show with a friend this weekend and beelined straight for the Ford display, dragging him along with me (he's not a car nut so I didn't care what he wanted to see first). In order to keep him occupied I sent him to a Red Edge Sport and asked him to play with Sync since he's a tech nut and I left to drool over the cars. Next thing I know he's calling me from the car, streaming music, and telling Sirius what channel to play. He had a bit of sticker shock but then I pointed to and SEL and he digested that just fine, but he really loved the Sport's wheels... and so do I. Let's just say he walked away from the Edge and he literally said "My car is a piece of crap." He owns a '09 Maxima.

Excellent....

simpsons_mr_burns_excellent.jpg

Edited by Keoni