Ford November Sales up 24%

So the reality is that only employees and their families get to partake in the "giving away" of MKS's.

Uh guys, times have changed a little last few years. It used to be that A/Z plans were really good, but dealers are so desperate to sell vehicles that the spread between A/Z and those off street are much closer now. A dealer now will hand deliver the vehicle to your house or job if it means a sale. Hines Park LM is shipping Ford vehicles to your house by truck. I could buy a new Focus off street for just a few hundred dollars less than A plan. And the MKS is not moving off lot without huge incentives, be it lease deal or buying outright. And December means holiday cash coming soon from Ford. It will probably be an extra $500 off on Fusion, Focus, and $1,000 on the slow selling MKS.

The MKS is very popular in Rochester, almost as ubiquitous as a Ford Edge...but that's because this is Detroit and you have LOTS of Lincoln dealers and Ford employees :). There is no place more stilted toward Caddy and Lincoln than Metro Detroit.

Is this going to turn into one of those things where FordBuyer (who should change his name to PorscheBuyer) insists that MetroDetroitTM is a surrogate for the whole ever-lovin' US of A?

I still own a Ford vehicle and will always own a Ford vehicle of some kind, thank you. The Boxster is in a garage for winter and will not come out until road salt season is over. As for the MKS, still not sure why the rose colored glasses crowd can't come to grips with FACT that MKS is a very slow selling vehicle and Ford has to offer big incentives just ot move 1,000/month nationwide. Everytime I post a super low MKS lease deal, you guys get all defensive and act like the MKS is some kind of world beater rather than both MKS and MKT being big time losers. I hope the MCE MKS is as good as what you guys expect. I'm sure it will have 300hp V6 as standard and My Lincoln Touch, new front and rear nose clips, and new interior for starters. But right now it's a basket case and needs big incentives to move.

The MKS is very popular in Rochester, almost as ubiquitous as a Ford Edge...but that's because this is Detroit and you have LOTS of Lincoln dealers and Ford employees :). There is no place more stilted toward Caddy and Lincoln than Metro Detroit.

Yeah, it's very popular in Plymouth/Canton also where tons of Ford employees live also. Ford must sell 250 of them/month in Metro Detroit and only 750/month for rest of nation. :stirpot:

Ford has to offer big incentives just ot move 1,000/month nationwide.

Evidence of 'big incentives' anywhere but MetroDetroitTM?

Also, 2009 MKS ~ 2006 Fusion. It's a start. It's a beachhead. Your refusal to see the potential of these vehicles is why I'm thankful that you have absolutely zero input on Ford's decision making.

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 1

I still own a Ford vehicle and will always own a Ford vehicle of some kind, thank you. The Boxster is in a garage for winter and will not come out until road salt season is over. As for the MKS, still not sure why the rose colored glasses crowd can't come to grips with FACT that MKS is a very slow selling vehicle and Ford has to offer big incentives just ot move 1,000/month nationwide. Everytime I post a super low MKS lease deal, you guys get all defensive and act like the MKS is some kind of world beater rather than both MKS and MKT being big time losers. I hope the MCE MKS is as good as what you guys expect. I'm sure it will have 300hp V6 as standard and My Lincoln Touch, new front and rear nose clips, and new interior for starters. But right now it's a basket case and needs big incentives to move.

Nobody here says MKS is selling great and we acknowledge there are good incentives. However, you make claims that Ford is "giving them away" based on EMPLOYEE pricing in METRO DETROIT which has almost no bearing on the prices and incentives available to the other 99.9% of the buying public.

You said it was $399/month. For non-employees it's $499/month. Huge difference. All we're saying is stop exaggerating.

• Like 1

Nobody here says MKS is selling great and we acknowledge there are good incentives. However, you make claims that Ford is "giving them away" based on EMPLOYEE pricing in METRO DETROIT which has almost no bearing on the prices and incentives available to the other 99.9% of the buying public.

You said it was $399/month. For non-employees it's $499/month. Huge difference. All we're saying is stop exaggerating.

There are NO incentives available on the MKS where I live.

I picked up a wopping $1K RCL Renewal rebate on my $52K Lincoln MKX, by far the lowest incentive I have ever gotten on a car! Of course, I also benefit from the Z-Plan pricing (Dad's a Retiree). So the MKX and Edges sold last month were done so without incentives.

Actually, I got two rebates on my Edge. One was $1500, but I don't know whether or not that was regional. The other was $1000 for trading in a non-Ford competitive model (CX-7). The dealer had to double-check on the second rebate to make sure the Mazda wasn't considered a Ford.

I'm downright shocked at how well the Edge is selling...I see TONS of them on the road. In the past two years, they have to be the best selling with in 6 months of being released Ford product in my area. I saw a half dozen in 2 days a couple weeks ago...and I wasn't driving every day.

I don't know what people are expecting of Lincoln but It's not capable of BMW like sales volume or profits...

Lincoln's 80,000/year sales seem insignificant when compared to Ford Brand's 1.6 million odd US sales,

At roughly 5% of Ford brand sales, what profit Lincoln does or does not make seems a rather trivial subject

and while Ford has committed to new or refreshed Lincoln products, Ford brand is everything to Ford Motor...

Edited by jpd80

Edit,

Did I hear correct that Lincoln livery vehicles will be coming from OAC in the near future?

NEXT GEN LIMO: Ford Unveils Bigger, Better LINCOLN MKT

October 1, 2010

The new Lincoln livery vehicles will be built at the Oakville Assembly Plant in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

TIMELINES

The MKT announcement this week now dissolves much of the industry concern and impatience that had festered since 2007 about the future of Lincoln limousine and livery vehicles. Ford can now provide a definite, public timeline for fleet owners needing to make product and spending decisions:

• 2Q 2011: Order bank closes for the 2011 Lincoln Town Car Executive L

• 3Q 2011: Ford will manufacture the last 2011 Lincoln Town Car Executive L.

• 4Q 2011: Order bank opens for the 2013 Lincoln MKT (livery version)

• 1Q 2012: Ford begins production of the 2013 Lincoln MKT (livery version)

DETAILS TO COME

LINCOLN is still working on certain key details of the 2013 Lincoln MKT, which officials could not yet disclose during the forum:

KEY MKT ENGINE AND TECHNOLOGY FEATURES

The bulk of the 50-minute MKT presentation centered on the vehicle’s amenities, detailed by Gerry Koss, fleet marketing manager:

• Front wheel drive (FWD) and all wheel drive (AWD) powertrains

• 18-inch wheels with sidewalls

• USB charging ports and 110-volt plug-in capability in rear seats along with Wi-Fi hot-spot capability

• BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) cross-traffic alert system that uses radar sensors and warning lights to help drivers avoid collisions with vehicles in blind-spot zones

• Rear-view camera for backing

• Bluetooth capability

• Limousine chassis: Upgraded suspension, electric power-assisted steering, upsized braking system, heavy-duty transmission, unique wheel bearings

KEY MKT COMFORT FEATURES

• 39.6 cubic feet of cargo/trunk space, an increase compared to the Town Car.

• A retractable Tonneau cover for rear cargo area to hide luggage

• A separate covered area in cargo compartment for chauffeur/driver items and supplies

• Second-row seat reclining feature and maximum rearward positioning for added legroom [The third row of seats available in the MKT retail version has been permanently removed from the livery version].

• Seating for four passengers; one in front seat next to chauffeur and three in second row [One operator who is already using a 2010 MKT (retail version) in her fleet told the forum the rear seat comfortably accommodates three passengers].

• Upright seating position for easier entry and exit

• Rear center console for passenger controls

• Vista glass roof with retractable cover to allow for upward passenger viewing [does not diminish headroom]

• Puddle lamps on rear doors

• Map and newspaper pockets on the back of the front seats

• Vanity mirrors in the headliner with integrated task light

• Continuous rear floor mat for both footwells

Lincoln%20MKT%20e-news%20photo.jpg

— Martin Romjue, LCT Magazine

http://www.lctmag.com/news/news-story.cfm?id=3317