Ford Hires Cadillac Designer

Wolff has been design director for Cadillac exteriors since 2007. At General Motors Co., Wolff has held various positions in design, including a stint in South Korea at GM Daewoo Auto & Technology. There, Wolff helped design the Chevrolet Cruze compact.

Not exactly encouraging, but I'll give him a shot. Who knows how much freedom he had on that one.

“Hiring a Lincoln design director with global experience was a given,” said Derrick Kuzak, Ford's group vice president of global product development, in a statement. “Max Wolff brings a fresh perspective that will challenge us internally and take Lincoln to new levels of prestige.”

This news is not promising.

The Cruze looks like it was designed in the 80's and released in the 90's. That black plastic shark fin on the rear door screams "cheap" to my eye. As for Caddy's latest designs, the CTS is way over-rated especially the coupe, and I generally love big coupes. It llooks fat and disproportionate from every angle. There's no ellegance or grace and I can't distinguish it from the STS. As for the Escalade, it looks too pimped out to be taken seriously. I'd rather have a GMC Denali Yukon or a Chevy LTZ Suburban if not a Lincoln Navigator. The SRX is a mere shadow of its former self and should've come to the market with a different (real) name.

With all these guys Lincoln hired with global backgrounds, do you really think Ford wants to take the brand global?

imho they have No Choice what-so-ever**

&

I hope bringing in Mr. Wolff is a good thing - I'm sure that I GREATly prefer the ULC over the Abomination

and imho the CTS has some of the best "tie-ins" between the various body-parts and design elements of any car ever made

& if he had anything to do with the Converj, that'll make me more optimistic about Lincoln than I've been since the LS came out-to-be-ignored

** unless keeping Lincoln really IS Plan-B

hiring talent away from rivals doesn't mean you intend to use those talents yourself

PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE no stupid vertical head & taillights on every single car, no art & science crisp edges that will look horribly outdated by the time the vehicles are ready for a refresh - that's all Cadillac styling is - the same identical design up- and down-scaled.

The CTS coupe looks horrid, mainly from the rear - it looks squished and bloated:

jf_11ctscpe_rear.jpg

I'm not feeling this move based on his current work, but I won't make a full judgment until we see his first Lincoln products..........plus I think they should hire me LOL......MKR anyone:

mkr4.jpg

mkrinterior2.jpg

Edited by rmc523

I do like the V versions, the fender flares look fantastic....also like the coupe...aside from them....No thanks Caddy. But, that said, this means lincolns styling will become more adventurous, bout time, and like I have said, the curremy batch were conservative stepping stones to better things...game on, i will be watching with interest.......

Seems like we had this discussion before. As a stockholder I say good news. Cadillac seems to get good press and Lincoln gets...??? Cadillac has more than one vehicle I would like to own-Lincoln? None! Someone said the Escalade was "glitzy"-it is but in my book better to be glitzy than look like a Seeburg Jukebox (showing my age again) with 255/65/19's! i.e. Navigator!

Now I recognize this guy prbably had nothing to do with platforms but hopefully some of the RWD DNA has rubbed off on him. IMO, good news!

Can't wait until the day when we read:

"Ford hires rmc523 as new designer!" (seriously...I think he does great work!)

Then maybe he will remember all his BOF buddies and dish out some inside info! :)

Then get fired for releasing inside info LOL

Heck, they're already been stealing his stuff for a few years! :shades: