SPIED: 2013 Ford Flex

It's not about the monotony. It's about the lack of personality. Seems the only vehicle Ford is interested at all in giving a unique personality is the Mustang.

Well....you could always break out the JC Whitney catalog for some snappy seatcovers, shag carpet dash pads, and Light up "Hello Kitty" dolls for the package shelf that blinks its eyes when you hit the brakes or turn a corner... :hysterical:

Looks good. I am going to miss the twin gauge IP from the last gen. That was really classy. The NAV was easy to use but the wood in the steering wheel got annoying after a while. I'm not a big fan of the single gauge/twin screens in this MFT compared to the one in the Focus. The single looks like a carry-over from the Fusion Hybrid IP.

Edited by Hugh
  • Like 1

I REALLY THOUGHT FORD WOULD HAVE CHANGED THE FRONT GRILL FOR 2013...OTHER THAN ONLY ON THE HIGH PRICE TITANIUM MODEL. THE FLEX IS A BEAUTIFUL VEHICLE BUT THE CAR HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR MANY YEARS, ACTUALLY SINCE ITS INTRO. PEOPLE WANT TO DISTINGUISH THEIR VEHICLE FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR, YET THE 2013 FLEX IS BASICALLY THE SAME..OTHER THAN THE TITANIUM. WE COULD SELL A LOT MORE IF THEY WOULD MAKE THE SE/SEL BASE MODELS LOOK LIKE THE TITANIUM... ! AFTER ALL, I WILL BET THE TITANIUM DOES NOT HAVE THE SALES FIGURES OF THE THE SE/SEL SERIES.

I REALLY THOUGHT FORD WOULD HAVE CHANGED THE FRONT GRILL FOR 2013...OTHER THAN ONLY ON THE HIGH PRICE TITANIUM MODEL. THE FLEX IS A BEAUTIFUL VEHICLE BUT THE CAR HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR MANY YEARS, ACTUALLY SINCE ITS INTRO. PEOPLE WANT TO DISTINGUISH THEIR VEHICLE FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR, YET THE 2013 FLEX IS BASICALLY THE SAME..OTHER THAN THE TITANIUM. WE COULD SELL A LOT MORE IF THEY WOULD MAKE THE SE/SEL BASE MODELS LOOK LIKE THE TITANIUM... ! AFTER ALL, I WILL BET THE TITANIUM DOES NOT HAVE THE SALES FIGURES OF THE THE SE/SEL SERIES.

:headscratch: The front grille is different.

Flex retail average price has been talked by Ford reps off the record to lots of times. It is very high though with the average model being a loaded SEL.

Yeah, that is what i meant but felt that ATPs were actually quantified in an article last year but could be wrong.

Flex is a niche product, small yet highly profitable sales for a vehicle on a platform shared with Taurus and Explorer

as well as MKS and MKT and of course the upcoming police vehicles.....that must be well over 20,000/mth combined.

Edited by jpd80

I'm sure you feel that this is the pinnacle of gauge and steering wheel design:

2010-ford-escape-fwd-4-door-xlt-steering-wheel_100237495_l.jpg

:rolleyes:

Personally, the gauges and wheel look better in the photo you provided, than what is on displayed in the 2013 Flex images. Simply not a fan of that wheel and that gauge design. Either way, the current Flex interior looks better than the Escape interior you provided above.

I'm not a big fan of the single gauge/twin screens in this MFT compared to the one in the Focus. The single looks like a carry-over from the Fusion Hybrid IP.

Agreed.

Edited by V8-X