Ford Expands Manual Trans Availability In Focus

You can not see any reason that a front plate might come in handy to law enforcement?

No, and neither do my friends and family members who are in law enforcement (all in Indiana, a state that does not require front plates).

Really!

Yes, really.

it is not the cops in any given state that decide wheather there is a front plate or not. It is the politicians, now if you want to get on them for not doing there job properly I will be right with you.

That's true, it is ultimately up to state legislatures to codify a front license plate requirement into their Motor Vehicle code. But some police organizations - NOT individual officers - lobby for this requirement by drafting bills. This has been the case in Indiana multiple times over the years. My law enforcement friends/family member repeatedly affirmed that the main reason for lobbying a new front license plate requirement is the potential revenue from citing motorists for noncompliance. Fortunately, the proposed Indiana bills have never been passed by the legislature.

But front plates are not one of there mistakes. Finally what is the big deal anyway?

Wasting taxpayer money isn't a mistake? Ruining the aesthetics of automobiles isn't a big deal?

No, and neither do my friends and family members who are in law enforcement (all in Indiana, a state that does not require front plates).

Well I can a car passing the other way the cop might want to run a plate on for example

Yes, really.

Try a little harder

That's true, it is ultimately up to state legislatures to codify a front license plate requirement into their Motor Vehicle code. But some police organizations - NOT individual officers - lobby for this requirement by drafting bills. This has been the case in Indiana multiple times over the years. My law enforcement friends/family member repeatedly affirmed that the main reason for lobbying a new front license plate requirement is the potential revenue from citing motorists for noncompliance. Fortunately, the proposed Indiana bills have never been passed by the legislature.

LOL Give me a break they are going to lobby to have front plates just to give out tickets to people that dont have front plates but yet somehow they dont want to pull over all the speeding cars and people on there cell phones OK I buy that

Wasting taxpayer money isn't a mistake? Ruining the aesthetics of automobiles isn't a big deal?

I can think of about 1000 ways the government wastes money and they are all bad but I personally see a reason for front plates so I dont see it as a waste and if you worry about the aesthetics of your car over peoples safety you have some vrowing up to do!

But that brings us back to - why would you need to read a license plate of a car behind you? :)

Say you're a cop driving around looking for a perp, and they're identified as driving X car with license place ABC-1234. And it just so happens that he's behind you. If you're in VA or MD, you can identify him and apprehend. However, if you're in NC or GA, he can turn onto another road and you'd never know that was him.

Say you're a cop driving around looking for a perp, and they're identified as driving X car with license place ABC-1234. And it just so happens that he's behind you. If you're in VA or MD, you can identify him and apprehend. However, if you're in NC or GA, he can turn onto another road and you'd never know that was him.

You forgot "Once upon a time......."

I realize there are theoretical situations but if this was an issue in the real world then police would be clamoring for it.

And everywhere else he could be two cars back and do the same thing...

Edited by jpd80

Back to the U.S. spec 2012 Focus Titanium: will the new base price on this trim level simply decrease by $1,095 when the 5-speed manual becomes available on it?

(As others have noted, neither the Ford.com nor third party pricing websites like KBB and Edmunds currently show manual transmission availability on the Titanium variant)

Back to the U.S. spec 2012 Focus Titanium: will the new base price on this trim level simply decrease by $1,095 when the 5-speed manual becomes available on it?

(As others have noted, neither the Ford.com nor third party pricing websites like KBB and Edmunds currently show manual transmission availability on the Titanium variant)

I heard on another website it's a no cost "option". In other words, the price doesn't change with either transmission. Which is kind of a crock since the automatic trans is already paid for in the base price of the titanium since it's still standard.

I heard on another website it's a no cost "option". In other words, the price doesn't change with either transmission. Which is kind of a crock since the automatic trans is already paid for in the base price of the titanium since it's still standard.

At local Ford dealer lots around here, I'm noticing high number of 2012 Focus SE models with Sports Appearance Package and Manual Trans on lots last couple months. Dealers must really feel they can sell them as they are ordering many more of them than usual. With Manual Trans, most are in $21,000 range with alloy wheels, and add in $2,000 in incentives and looks like good deal on a very attractive SE with sports package. No MFT and its problems and updates, and ditto with Powershift. A buddy of mine is still waiting for his MFT update in mail. He did say the reflash of his powershift helped a lot and is averaging 28mpg in mixed driving and hit as high as 39mpg highway, and he has heavy foot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

But, can tell dealer ''Hey, you know how hard it is to sell a manual, so cut me a deal''.

Ford dealers have manual 'S' models with discounts in ads, so expect the same with a Ti.

Thats if you can find one on the lots....then again doesn't really matter to me since I order my cars the way I want them...

• Like 1