2013 Fusion Job #1

But also remember the Fusion is selling in the 20K Range each month...Ford only has 18194 Fusions left in the country if Cars.com data is believable.

I don't think Ford wants to give up that much marketshare by not having a product to sell...

There are very few 2012 Fusions on dealer lots around here to sell. 18,000 of them in stock won't last even one month. It will take at least 3 months to build dealer inventory of new 2013 Fusions. And the AAI won't come on line with new Fusion until later next year.

Considering Hermosillo's past history I'd say if anyone can do a flawless launch on time it would be them. Of course it is a brand new car, but the first Fusion was brand new as well and I believe things went pretty well with that one.

Hermosillo is easily Ford's number one plant using any criteria you want to judge. If anyone can pull off a flawless launch, it would be Hermosillo. Sad, but very true.

But also remember the Fusion is selling in the 20K Range each month...Ford only has 18194 Fusions left in the country if Cars.com data is believable.

I don't think Ford wants to give up that much marketshare by not having a product to sell...

A flawless RELEASE is PARAMOUNT.......

And Consumer Reports will hate it because MFT will now be available (note that I did not say mandatory.................. that funny thing about options, don't like what they are, don't buy the vehicle that has it).

They will rant and rave about how the Fusion used to be one of the best in the segment, and now it is ruined.

I, like many othere are anxious to see these on the floor in the showroom and on the street as soon as possible. But, as Deanh is the guy in the trenches here, I have to agree with him - take the time to get it right. Or would you rather have a rollout like the '13 Malibu?

• 2 weeks later...

My Aunt has been a die-hard Toyota loyalist for... well..... let's put it this way. She had an 85 Tercel. Followed by a 97 Camry. Then her daughter bought an 03 Corolla. Then the family now has an 04 Highlander. WIth her husbands car (the 97 Camry) getting a bit older now, they were thinking about getting a Lexus.

However, after taking a look at the new cars that are coming out, her husband decided he wants a 2013 Fusion. He loves the car and as soon as they hit the lots he wants to check them out and possibly put this family into their first domestic car in over 20 years.

That's saying something. Don't screw it up Ford.

Been seeing the commercial for the Fusion Yankee Pinstripe edition (Ford does this often in the NY area with the Yanks).

Yes, they can manage to make a good looking car ugly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPOyy6ZDZ8

:barf: :barf:

I like the new Fusion but the Yankees thing is hideous!!

Between this and the new 2014 Mazda 6 I would go with the Mazda but the new Fusion is a good looking car.

Been seeing the commercial for the Fusion Yankee Pinstripe edition (Ford does this often in the NY area with the Yanks).

Yes, they can manage to make a good looking car ugly.

For the winner of the Yankee edition, hopefully the pinstripes are just vinyl graphics that can be removed.

As for the car itself, it's growing on my more and more. Still have issues with the rear, mostly from the C pillar back and the treatment of the exhaust outlets. Like the overall exterior design better than the interior. Looks like a sea of grey plastic inside, and I really hate the plastic buttons on the door (door locks & 1, 2, 3 buttons). They remind me too much of older 90's model GM vehicles and plastic used on them. Dislike the gauges, steering wheel and Sony head unit that all these Ford cars are now using.

Think it'll be a good selling overall vehicle. Just want to see it side by side with a current & 1st gen Fusion for comparison, as this one appears considerably larger than the older models.

Edited by V8-X

:barf: :barf:

I like the new Fusion but the Yankees thing is hideous!!

Between this and the new 2014 Mazda 6 I would go with the Mazda but the new Fusion is a good looking car.

My eyes are burning!!!

I'm waiting on the next-gen Edge/MKX. I basically want this but as an SUV. Pronto Ford!