What car is your 2013 Fusion replacing/complementing?

CheesyRider

I'm curious as to what kind of cars are being replaced by the new 2013 Fusion and what other vehicles(s) will remain in your garage.

Our 2013 Fusion will be replacing my wife's 2010 VW SportWagen TDI. We decided it was too cramped for family outings for those times we don't want to use my big gas guzzling E150 conversion van. Also, I tend to borrow my wife's car a lot. The available memory driver's seat available on the Fusion is a very important feature for my wife as she absolutely hates adjusting the seat after I drive.

Replacing a 2011 civic EX. She wanted something bigger. we have a kid now (not that that's a big consideration) and more fuel efficient. basically, she said "sedan, not Korean, better fuel mileage than my civic, bigger", which limited it to 4 cars. Fusion hybrid won.

My car is a MINI cooper S, and i would probably see a greater cost savings replacing it, but i really love it :)

I'm replacing my 1999 Taurus that has 164,998 miles on it. Just the other day I noticed some brake fluid on the driveway - replaced 2 brake lines. I've had this car since new and besides replacing brakes, batteries, some hoses and a waterpump, I've had no issues with the car. Duratec V-6 and still gets 30 MPG on the highway. I also sold it the other day and the new owner can wait for my new car to come in.

I can't complain.

I'm replacing my 2006 Corolla. My wife and I want to start a family next year, so we wanted a bigger vehicle that was not a crossover like my wife drives (2010 RAV4).

My requirements were American or Japanese, more than 200 hp, fun to drive, and under 30K. I had it narrowed down to the Fusion SE 2.0 and the Camry SE V6, but the Fusion won out because it was more fun to drive and because I could get X-Plan pricing on it, making it about 3K less than a comparably equipped Camry.

• Like 1

I'm replacing a 2004 SVT Focus 3 door. Probably the most fun practicle car available the last 10 years. It will be missed. Even after 8 years, I wasn't "tired" of the car. I was going to get a Focus ST, but decided against it due to the lack of rear seat legroom. I need to put a baby seat in the back. My daughters car seat does not fit in the ST. I tried. So the Fusion it is.

I'm replacing my 2006 Corolla. My wife and I want to start a family next year, so we wanted a bigger vehicle that was not a crossover like my wife drives (2010 RAV4).

My requirements were American or Japanese, more than 200 hp, fun to drive, and under 30K. I had it narrowed down to the Fusion SE 2.0 and the Camry SE V6, but the Fusion won out because it was more fun to drive and because I could get X-Plan pricing on it, making it about 3K less than a comparably equipped Camry.

The Camry is one of the most bland and boring cars on the market. Yuck! Thank god you made the right choice.

• Like 1

I'll keep mine simple with photos! They speak a thousand words apparently.

My 2013 Ford Fusion is replacing this; My 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer v8, with bigger tires and a lift.

76759_451423236713_765451_n.jpg

However. It will be complimenting these; my summer toys! (White car 1988 Nissan 300zx Turbo, Shiro Special #68 of 75 made for import into Canada)

579097_10150679278696714_449095517_n.jpg

And the 1984 300zx 2+2 Turbo. (Which is currently in pieces undergoing a major performance transformation) Restored and painted this car myself.

38285_413908036713_6871789_n.jpg

• Like 1

The Camry is one of the most bland and boring cars on the market. Yuck! Thank god you made the right choice.

I don't think one buys a Camry because they are exciting. For me, it seemed like a natural progression from the Corolla, and I have always owned Toyotas. And because they have typically had a good reputation for being reliable.

Either way, I think I made the right choice to research around a little more and go with the Fusion, since it looks like it will be a much nicer car!

I will be trading in a 2005 Acura TL with about 105,000 miles in it. It has served me well in the almost 4 years i have had it. I bought it used with 33,000 miles on it back in February 2009. I average 24-25 mpg with it and on highway trips I have gotten 30-33 mpg which is surprising considering it is only rated at 26 highway by the EPA. It has been reliable but sometimes the transmission isn't the smartest thing in the world, and I am looking for better mileage and regular gas since I drive over 20,000 miles a year.

Edited by lmp180psu

'13 Fusion TI- My driver

'11 Acura TSX Sport Wagon- Wifeys driver Great car, most of the benefits of an SUV + mpg and handling. 'mericans just don't dig wagons!

'05 Silverado 8.1L 496cid 40K miles. TheTow Beast

"03 Altima- My ex commuter. #1 Son wants to "buy" when he gets back from Afghanistan

'03 Expedition EB 85K miles- For Sale. Trade in $- Oh so not good! Available!

'03 Searay SD 220. Water Fun

'07 Hitchhiker 5th wheel. Land Fun

Needless to say my insurance company likes me

I'm trading in a 2010 BMW 328xi sedan. Like the car, too expensive to get repaired once the "all-maintenance included" runs out in another 500 miles. In the garage we also have a 2011 Explorer Limited. Love it - it's what convinced me to go to Ford rather than spend the additional $ on another BMW (I've had 3 of them).

• Like 1

I'll be replacing my 2009 Toyota Prius. I love the Prius quite a lot but there are a couple of things I wish I had gotten on it that it doesn't have-- rear camera being the biggest thing. The thing has blind spots you can drive a truck through (quite literally). It was my 50th birthday present, but I have a problem with my neck and the constant looking backwards isn't doing me any favors.

Soooo... the Prius, though quite loved, will be finding a new home. My husband has a 2010 Nissan Cube which he just adores, and he doesn't want the Prius instead, so it's going to the highest bidder just as soon as I get word that my new car is on its way to me.

• Like 1

I'm replacing my modified 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I've got 167k miles on it (100k which are mine) and I've had it for over 7 years. I stupidly started modifying it around 130k miles when the stock turbo started to eat oil and it's been a bit unreliable since then (at least 50% is my fault). It is fun to drive with roughly 280hp, but I don't have the time to fix it over and over anymore.

20120804_165101_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

My '13 Titanium FWD (leased) will be replacing (if it gets off the hold list) a leased 2011 Edge Limited.

Since I've had 2 years with MFT in the Edge (and I've had no real issues with it) - this will be an easy transition for me.

Wife won't let me do anything with her '08 Infiniti G35X - she loves that car. (My Edge replaced a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT - what a blast that car was....)

Edited by dbmaven

My 2013 FFH will be replacing my old 2005 Chrysler 300C AWD. I sold the 300 outright the second week of October with the anticipation of getting the FFH by the end of October. Guess I sold the 300 way too early since it is looking like I will be waiting until the end of December. At least I got $2100 more by selling outright than I would have by trading the 300 in. Unfortunately I will be spending a lot on diesel while driving a big F250 until I get the fuel efficient FFH.

• Like 1