Yet another 2015 Mustang render

silvrsvt

Nope, they're not even trying.

A fellow Mustang fan at work stopped me in the hall the other day and asked if I'd seen the 2015. I told him no one in the general public has yet and he said "wrong" so-and-so over in the warehouse has pictures and it looks awful, they ruined it". I told him that whatever he'd seen in that rendering was not the final car but he remained unconvinced and was more than sure that Ford ruined the Mustang.

For one thing, it's still an evolution of the current car, so while the styling will be brought up to date,

the car will retain most of its current silhouette, size and proportions.

People are expecting way too much change, far more than what's really needed to transform

the Mustang into a new car full of zest, excitement and vitality.

• Like 1

...A fellow Mustang fan at work stopped me in the hall the other day and asked if I'd seen the 2015. I told him no one in the general public has yet and he said "wrong" so-and-so over in the warehouse has pictures and it looks awful, they ruined it". I told him that whatever he'd seen in that rendering was not the final car but he remained unconvinced and was more than sure that Ford ruined the Mustang.

tell him not apply his dating experiences to the Mustang

;)

• Like 2

Nope, they're not even trying.

A fellow Mustang fan at work stopped me in the hall the other day and asked if I'd seen the 2015. I told him no one in the general public has yet and he said "wrong" so-and-so over in the warehouse has pictures and it looks awful, they ruined it". I told him that whatever he'd seen in that rendering was not the final car but he remained unconvinced and was more than sure that Ford ruined the Mustang.

NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING is a given yet, no one has seen diddly aside from the actual stylists and engineers on the product, and theres a COMPLETE embargo....we just had a Ford Trainer here who is a Mustang nut, and they wont even give hints on drivetrains let alone anything else....

• Like 1

NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING is a given yet, no one has seen diddly aside from the actual stylists and engineers on the product, and theres a COMPLETE embargo....we just had a Ford Trainer here who is a Mustang nut, and they wont even give hints on drivetrains let alone anything else....

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1108_ford_evos_concept_first_look/viewall.html

Well.. we do have this from Ford..

EVOS

"...The thin C- and A-pillars are about thick enough to meet rollover crash standards, particularly with greater use of high-strength steels. The next Fusion and Taurus will ditch their thick C-pillars for this design language."You start to see the car that has a beautiful, simple profile. There's no trickery there. We're not trying to provoke customers. We're trying to seduce them."Next is "refined surface language." Mays allows there are cars in Ford's own portfolio that have too much "surface entertainment," particularly in the side surfacing.Like most concept cars, the Ford Evos has more show business than reality going on inside, though Mays points to a few realistic cues. The driver-oriented "inverted L-shaped" cockpit, with aluminum and other materials that are part of the interior's structure, and not just appliqués, hint at future Ford interiors. Chief technical officer Paul Mascarenas' Research & Innovation Center is looking at such features as cloud computing, monitoring the driver's health, and adaptive suspension damping for such cars.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1108_ford_evos_concept_first_look/viewall.html#ixzz2Ts2tupCV

Not surprising, this is about way more than just dealing with the Camaro. BMW and Audi and Infiniti are really not gonna like it, either. :)

• Like 1

Not surprising, this is about way more than just dealing with the Camaro. BMW and Audi and Infiniti are really not gonna like it, either. :)

dare I say it, but designing the 2015 Mustang could quite possible be the most nerve-racking assignment in Fords portfolio......

• Like 1

dare I say it, but designing the 2015 Mustang could quite possible be the most nerve-racking assignment in Fords portfolio......

I know I'm not going out on a limb here but there probably be plenty of people disappointed with the new Mustang. Tradionalist will cry foul with the new design while others will be expecting something to compete with the Ferrari.

In reality it will be an evolution of the great classic.

• Like 3

I know I'm not going out on a limb here but there probably be plenty of people disappointed with the new Mustang. Tradionalist will cry foul with the new design while others will be expecting something to compete with the Ferrari.

I HOPE SO...delicate balance, and I pity the person responsible......

• Like 1

You can count on it. Prediction: the longest, most passionate and, perhaps, nastiest thread ever on BON will start when we see the first good pics of the 2015 Mustang.

Lots of naysaysers will "get used to it" after a year, then complain about the next restyle.

Rinse and Repeat.

The '99 refresh was shocking and took a minute for me to give in. I ended up driving a '01 and '04 Cobra (my now wife had a '99 V6 5spd). The '05 I was stoked from the jump.

• Like 1

The '99 refresh was shocking and took a minute for me to give in.

Outside of the bullet and Cobra models I never really warmed up to it...I hated the roof that wasn't changed on it from the 1994-98. I'm glad I got a 98 before the change, but yeah it was kinda underwhelming in the performance dept :)

...but yeah it was kinda underwhelming in the performance dept :)

If you're stating that in comparison to the Camaro and Firebird of the day, then yes, you'd be correct. But the '99-'04 V6 and GT models were greatly improved over their '94-'98 forebears, especially in the engine room. The 3.8-liter V6 was upgraded to 190hp from 145, and the 4.6-liter in the GTs was upgraded to 260hp/302 lb.-ft. compared to the 215(225 in '98s)/280 it made when it first debuted in the '96 GT. Countless acceleration tests confirmed that those '96-'98 GTs were, at best, only as fast as the '94-'95s with the old 5.0-liter. Only '96-'98 SVT Cobras were hugely better thanks to the DOHC 4.6. In fact, keen observers would note that the '99-'04 GTs regularly clocked the same 0-60 and quarter-mile times of the naturally-aspirated '99 and '01 SVT Cobras. (No Cobra models in 2000, only the 300 red Cobra Rs). And I'm assuming the ultra-rare 2002 SVT Cobras (yes they did build 100 of them) would be the same as the '99-'01s, cause it was the next year that the supercharged Cobras arrived.

I remember this like yesterday, most mags returning a 0-60 time of 5.4 seconds for both GT and ('99-'01)SVT Cobra models. With the quarter-mile times usually @13.97 or 13.98.

If you're stating that in comparison to the Camaro and Firebird of the day, then yes, you'd be correct. But the '99-'04 V6 and GT models were greatly improved over their '94-'98 forebears, especially in the engine room. The 3.8-liter V6 was upgraded to 190hp from 145, and the 4.6-liter in the GTs was upgraded to 260hp/302 lb.-ft. compared to the 215(225 in '98s)/280 it made when it first debuted in the '96 GT. Countless acceleration tests confirmed that those '96-'98 GTs were, at best, only as fast as the '94-'95s with the old 5.0-liter. Only '96-'98 SVT Cobras were hugely better thanks to the DOHC 4.6. In fact, keen observers would note that the '99-'04 GTs regularly clocked the same 0-60 and quarter-mile times of the naturally-aspirated '99 and '01 SVT Cobras. (No Cobra models in 2000, only the 300 red Cobra Rs). And I'm assuming the ultra-rare 2002 SVT Cobras (yes they did build 100 of them) would be the same as the '99-'01s, cause it was the next year that the supercharged Cobras arrived.

I remember this like yesterday, most mags returning a 0-60 time of 5.4 seconds for both GT and ('99-'01)SVT Cobra models. With the quarter-mile times usually @13.97 or 13.98.

I remember this vividly myself because after just purchasing a beautiful '97 GT convertible I nearly lost to a Nissan Maxima from the same year. Their stout V6 nearly ate my lunch and I sold the car shortly thereafter. Went for the '97 Cobra convertible which was used but a good deal more stout than the GT. I'd be willing to say out loud that the 4.6 OHCs from '96-'98 were basically slow.

• Like 1