What an Atlas Based F150 Might Look Like

Lower everything would be good, IMHO.

FWIW, recently saw a stock ride-height F-350 Powerstroke in one of the local dealers with the hood up. Scary. Sure am glad I don't have to work on it. Seems to have a 'make-it-fit-somehow' look to the installation with more hoses than your Fire Department. :)

I honestly hope that Ford gets rid of the hunched up lower window sills....

They aren't really "hunched up" though. The front is "squatted down". The bed height would be the same regardless of the window design really. Personally, I like the look on both trucks.

3.7 V6 standard on the next gen F150?

I would say for the first year only. It sounds like the current engines will be all that is available for the first year. Second year will changes things up. Rumored 2.3EB may be the base engine when that comes out.

• Like 1

I honestly hope that Ford gets rid of the hunched up lower window sills....while it looks good on Super Duty...I think it looks terrible on F-150....causes the top rail line on the box to be disproportionately high...

Eh, I like the window sills on the Super Duties and F150s. Then again, I might be slightly biased on that...

I would say for the first year only. It sounds like the current engines will be all that is available for the first year. Second year will changes things up. Rumored 2.3EB may be the base engine when that comes out.

Are you sure? The 5.0 seems too nice to be scraped already but then again, the 6.2 will be no more in the F150 but will continue life in the F250. Also, 5.0 should be in the next gen Expy?

Are you sure? The 5.0 seems too nice to be scraped already but then again, the 6.2 will be no more in the F150 but will continue life in the F250. Also, 5.0 should be in the next gen Expy?

His comment never said anything about dropping the 5.0. It'll stick around for a while, and yeah, I'm sure it will make its way to the Expy/Navi along with whatever EB engines they want to throw in them too.

The 5.0 is not the base engine, the 3.7 V6 is but only gets about 5% of sales

so there's probably an opportunity to strengthen those sales by some means...

A reduction in weight for 2015 will improve fuel economy across the range so I'd expect

that the existing engines will be continuing next year but will Ford add any new ones?

Edited by jpd80

His comment never said anything about dropping the 5.0. It'll stick around for a while, and yeah, I'm sure it will make its way to the Expy/Navi along with whatever EB engines they want to throw in them too.

Gotcha.

I don't believe Ford should have the exact same Powertrains for the Expy and Navi... 5.0 should be in the Expy and Navi but give the Navi an exclusive powertrain to give it more independence or separation from the Expy.

at the

Gotcha.

I don't believe Ford should have the exact same Powertrains for the Expy and Navi... 5.0 should be in the Expy and Navi but give the Navi an exclusive powertrain to give it more independence or separation from the Expy.

They very well may have different (additional) powertrains for the Navi, but I don't know enough to speculate on what they may possibly be.