Lots of Ford Prototypes down in AZ

It this is the case, based on the camo, it's not getting the clam-shell type door.

I don't know how you can draw that conclusion by looking at this photo. And yes, this is definitely the MKC mule, probably under going final durability (abuse) testing.

original.jpg

Edited by bzcat

Looks like the camo has a seam in it where a standard liftgate would be.

There's also a huge seam along the rear bumper above the reflectors, going up at an angle through the "SE" in the word "PLEASE", over the top just after the shark fin antenna exactly where a clamshell door would open.

Looks identical to me. The design may be frozen, but testing will continue until the production vehicles go on sale.

Well, then I don't know what they're testing. Job one is what? Less than six months out? Bit too late to be making major changes.

Well, then I don't know what they're testing. Job one is what? Less than six months out? Bit too late to be making major changes.

Maybe testing an alternate powertrain that won't be available at launch?

e.g. hybrid or 2.3 Ecoboost

I dunno. Isn't the Edge bigger than that?

The Mustangs I saw today look to be the same as the ones in Arizona. But, the CUV's looked bigger. I drive an Escape everyday. The CUV's I saw today in heavy camo were definitely wider than an Escape.

Seeing those drive by was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

The Mustangs I saw today look to be the same as the ones in Arizona. But, the CUV's looked bigger. I drive an Escape everyday. The CUV's I saw today in heavy camo were definitely wider than an Escape.

Seeing those drive by was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

well, the MKC Concept was 4" wider and 3" lower than the Escape

&

very envious, Art 2ic5rw7.jpg

• Like 1