MKC Final Form Pics

Don't Know about wheel Base but it does get bigger Rotors and Brakes. All New sheet metal Than the Escape. And LEATHER seats not the Cheap LEATHERETTE like in the escape. And the center concole is cool and clean in person.

Your comment regarding Leather seats......are you saying even in base trim the MKC is fitted with real leather seats?

The model shown in the launch looks to be a top spec model with one of the Lincoln black,red, etc label options.

Where did I state that was a positive? Does nothing for me and my hopes for Lincoln means I do not like it, and if this is the style direction of Lincoln, my hopes would be diminished. This in no way was directed as fact and this is how the masses with feel nor how it will impact Lincoln from a sales perspective.

Then these statements are effectively redundant. It "doing nothing for you" means your hopes for Lincoln are irrelevant. You don't like it, you aren't going to buy a product in the segment anyway (thus, even if you DID like it, it wouldn't matter because you don't like the segment). If you're bringing up what your hopes for Lincoln are, and how new products influence those hopes, that's an obvious perspective on how that will affect Lincoln.

If you don't think so, then you're simply too close to your own statements. We, as observers, are telling you what our interpretations are of your statements. You can't turn around and blame us for misinterpreting--saying "Well, I didn't mean that--I clearly don't say that" when it's exactly NOT clear.

Your comment regarding Leather seats......are you saying even in base trim the MKC is fitted with real leather seats?

The model shown in the launch looks to be a top spec model with one of the Lincoln black,red, etc label options

Asked Yesterday Same Materials In Both Options Only Difference. The Lower option Has heated Seats And the Upper Option Has Heated and Cooled Seats, The Upper Has Tiny air holes in the Leather for the air to pass through. Hope this Helps Clear up the Leatherettte debate.

• Like 1

Asked Yesterday Same Materials In Both Options Only Difference. The Lower option Has heated Seats And the Upper Option Has Heated and Cooled Seats, The Upper Has Tiny air holes in the Leather for the air to pass through. Hope this Helps Clear up the Leatherettte debate.

That sounds exactly like how they do it with the MKZ. It sounds like the perforated leather may be of a higher grade as well, but the base model should be comparable to a high trim Ford.

From the Lincoln site it mentions Bridge of Weir leather available so it looks like that is the upgrade difference.

I still find it odd they haven't released many pics yet, not been a pic of the seats! Or the rear seats even. Same for the Black Label version, so hopefully next week during the LA show they will release more pics and info!

From the Lincoln site it mentions Bridge of Weir leather available so it looks like that is the upgrade difference.

I still find it odd they haven't released many pics yet, not been a pic of the seats! Or the rear seats even. Same for the Black Label version, so hopefully next week during the LA show they will release more pics and info!

here we go, Car and Driver just released these shots.....

Edited by Deanh

I asked about the seating surfaces on their twitter account, but their marketing folks just skirted the question and sent me to the website (they probably don't even know, 3rd party companies mostly run these accounts)

post-6726-0-95288500-1384557208.png

post-6726-0-95288500-1384557208_thumb.png

Edited by Intrepidatious
  • Like 1

I asked about the seating surfaces on their twitter account, but their marketing folks just skirted the question and sent me to the website (they probably don't even know, 3rd party companies mostly run these accounts)

I'm betting MKC's base trim is leatherette surfaces similar to the base Cadillac ATS.

The Rear seat is a bench seat. On all the Ones I've seen so far

I'm betting MKC's base trim is leatherette surfaces similar to the base Cadillac ATS.

post-6726-0-95288500-1384557208.png

Wrong Leather all the way. Didn't you read My Post. I install them NO Leatherette this Go round.

This article on a Canadian site makes it sound like leather is standard in Canada but not in the US.

"The sleek design theme is continued in the interior, where Lincoln has opted to use soft touch materials and leather (standard in Canada), to add to the luxury experience."

http://www.autogo.ca/en/reviews/new-car-model/2015-lincoln-mkc-launched-in-nyc

FWIW my previous C-class had "MBTex" vinyl and I'd say I almost prefer it to leather because it doesn't age as quickly. And more than once did I have a passenger say "ooh, leather!" The day I sold that car it still looked brand new inside. Unfortunately on really hot days it smelled a little bit like crayons.