2015 Expedition shown off

It's not like these changes will make sales double, but I bet it will go up a little, enough to justify the MCE. They may only sell 30,000 to 40,000 a year, but the Expedition alone still represents about $1.5 to $2 billion in sales a year. As an owner of an 07 Expedition, I am seriously considering getting one.

• Like 1

I have been seeing lots of Expeditions doing police duty lately. I bet a good portion of current sales are going to fleets. The refresh may be enough to get actual people to buy it at improved transaction prices. I now most people seem to prefer the look of the Tahoe/Yukon, but I have always thought their front ends had a wierd look to them. For me, the Expedition front end, while not overtly good looking, was at least not wierd. This refresh cleans up some of the dated styling and the new powertrain should help sales as well.

I have been seeing lots of Expeditions doing police duty lately. I bet a good portion of current sales are going to fleets. The refresh may be enough to get actual people to buy it at improved transaction prices. I now most people seem to prefer the look of the Tahoe/Yukon, but I have always thought their front ends had a wierd look to them. For me, the Expedition front end, while not overtly good looking, was at least not wierd. This refresh cleans up some of the dated styling and the new powertrain should help sales as well.

Its a female buyer thing, all of the people I know that have full sized SUV's like that prefer the Tahoe over the Expedition because to them "its cuter." Also one of the reasons that I convinced the wife to get the Expedition over the Tahoe is that its nice to not see the same vehicle as you on the road every 5th car. Heck I haven't even seen another Expedition that has the Stone Green Metallic CC.

Segment will continue to decline until something dramatic enters the foray, and that includes Chevys equivilent AND Cadillacs, for one, the vehicle is becoming pricey,and, with that the body of potential cystomers decline. The Explorer has taken this market over, its basically the price the Expedition was in its hay day, and lets be real, most people have been downsizing....2016 ish, expect a complete makeover, aluminum maybe?...but until then i dont criticize for Ford NOT pouring resources into what is basically a stop gap.

• Like 1

Having sat on 2008 EXPY at least two years too long anticipating significant changes, now disappoint. Ford an industry leader with cutting edge design of F-150, resources must have been sapped in presenting an mildly updated Expedition. Rumors of more extensive redesign in couple more years too late for many intent on remaining loyal to the Blue Oval. I have thoroughly pawed recent delivery to local dealers a 2015 Tahoe and Yukon Denali. Though lacking IRS, true fold flat 2nd & 3rd row seats, the provenance of overall package has me leaning. My garages have housed 8 (eight) Ford SUV's since last GM SUV........waiting has worn me down.

I remember that as well.

http://m.motortrend.com/wot/lincoln-navigator-to-drop-v8-for-ecoboost-v6-expedition-may-get-v6-and-v8-340245.html

Usually I would automatically discount anything from MT, but they did name a source from Ford.

Could've been a late change; maybe production for the F150 is consuming too much of the production capacity, or maybe the 5.0 will be an exclusive for the Navigator?

At any rate, the NetCarShow page is apparently Ford's press release, which does flat-out say that the EB35 will be the only Expedition powerplant in NA.

http://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/02/18/ford-reveals-2015-expedition-with-ecoboost-engine--advanced-tech.html

Having sat on 2008 EXPY at least two years too long anticipating significant changes, now disappoint. Ford an industry leader with cutting edge design of F-150, resources must have been sapped in presenting an mildly updated Expedition. Rumors of more extensive redesign in couple more years too late for many intent on remaining loyal to the Blue Oval. I have thoroughly pawed recent delivery to local dealers a 2015 Tahoe and Yukon Denali. Though lacking IRS, true fold flat 2nd & 3rd row seats, the provenance of overall package has me leaning. My garages have housed 8 (eight) Ford SUV's since last GM SUV........waiting has worn me down.

Nobody should get worn down. Enjoy your new Tahoe, you don't need IRS. :)

Could've been a late change; maybe production for the F150 is consuming too much of the production capacity, or maybe the 5.0 will be an exclusive for the Navigator?

At any rate, the NetCarShow page is apparently Ford's press release, which does flat-out say that the EB35 will be the only Expedition powerplant in NA.

http://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/02/18/ford-reveals-2015-expedition-with-ecoboost-engine--advanced-tech.html

It says "The 3.5-liter EcoBoost will be the only engine offered in the new Expedition in North America". Is the Expedition sold outside North America? If so, what engine will those get?

It says "The 3.5-liter EcoBoost will be the only engine offered in the new Expedition in North America". Is the Expedition sold outside North America? If so, what engine will those get?

Saudi Arabia's Ford dealership (Al Jazirah Vehicles Agencies) is the world's largest Expedition dealer in the world. In 2012, Ford sold 20,000 Expeditions in Saudi Arabia alone compared to 38,000 in the US in 2013.

Edited by usa_4004
  • Like 1

I find the Expedition better looking than the segment leader...

Updated-2015-Chevrolet-Tahoe.jpg

2015-Ford-Expedition-front-side-view.jpg

The front of the Expedition looks better than the Tahoe, but that's the only part of the vehicle that I prefer compared to the Tahoe. Having seen all of the big GM SUVs in real life, I'd say that the Tahoe and Escalade are good looking. The Yukon, not so much.

Disappointing that the 5.0 will not be offered, that would take it off the list for me. There are some of us that would rather a NA V8.

I don't get why they don't just bring the Excursion back, it would cover this market with little upfront investment and would be even more profitable than the Expedition.

Disappointing that the 5.0 will not be offered, that would take it off the list for me. There are some of us that would rather a NA V8.

I don't get why they don't just bring the Excursion back, it would cover this market with little upfront investment and would be even more profitable than the Expedition.

Because gas doesn't cost $1.80/gal anymore, and because it was already losing sales before the spike.

And because it's simply too big now.

Because gas doesn't cost $1.80/gal anymore, and because it was already losing sales before the spike.

And because it's simply too big now.

I think where Ford missed the boat on the Excursion was by not having any sort of fleet-ready, contractor-suited version available. I see an awful lot of work trucks running around with bed caps that a "work truck" version of the Excursion may have been able to replace. As a super-sized mommymobile it was simply too big and expensive to have any strong retail following.

But, now that it's gone, it shouldn't be brought back, even with a wider option pallette.