2015 Mustang Engine Output Specs

They released the numbers today:

2.3L EcoBoost — 310 HP / 320 LB-FT

3.7L V6 — 300 HP / 280 LB-FT

5.0L V8 — 435 HP / 400 LB-FT

?sure...Ford dropping 5hp from the 3.7 doesnt sound like progress to me....IMO should be 305, 335 and 450, although Ford has has a tendency recently to actually underste crank HP based on what dynos are reporting at the wheels and adjusting for losses.......

got me wondering...will the 2.3 become , eventually, the base engine and the 3.7 go away, and then the 2.7 nano show up?.....hmmm

Given where they are positioning the 3.7L now and Ford's move to Ecoboost across the engine range I think it's only a question of when.

Okay, so let's speculate on performance (because what's the point of all this if it isn't quick?). A 2014 Performance Pack Mustang with a 3.31, automatic and the 3.7L V6 with 300 HP / 280 LB-FT engine I've seen tested at 0-60 in 5.8 sec.; the stick was about a 1/2 second quicker. Where do we think the hottest 2.3L EcoBoost with 310 HP / 320 LB-FT will figure in? I presume with EcoBoost it will have a flatter torque curve than the 3.7L and may also be slightly lighter. 0-60 in 5.0-5.2 secs? Maybe 4.9 secs with the better weight distribution and new rear suspension?

Autoblog states (referencing Ford) that the 2.3EB and D37 aren't far apart in weight at all... powertrain to powertrain, the difference is only ever a few pounds each way. Interestingly enough, the heaviest combo of that bunch is the 2.3EB with the manual.

That said, I think 5 flat is attainable with the EB. And FWIW, 5.4 with the D37 auto is my guess.

And wondering too whether ther will be a running change to the 3.5 DI once F150 production is up and running,

perhaps Ford was forced to start with 3.7 PFI due to a production gap.

I'm starting to get excited about 2.7 EB's power and torque ratings, maybe there's more shocks ahead.

Edited by jpd80