Ford ripping up history at Dearborn Truck plant

Short of building a new plant from scratch, this has to be the next best thing....................... and in some ways even more intense due to the removal of everything that was there.

That option was on the table, but the time frame was too short. There is room for another body shop where the old Mustang "B" building was. Some of it still stands where DTP body ties into the paint building.

• 3 weeks later...

No difference. Same standards are used.

New trucks already being built. Simply amazing. I'm hearing there will be a DVD produced about the whole Body and Stamping changeover, including time lapsed video of the Body Shop demo and install.

I'd love to see it! Glad to hear they might be doing that.

with Dearborn shutdown for the change over all remaining f150's will be coming from Kansas - is there any difference in the quality of the product being produced at each plant - so if you have a Kansas built truck would it have the same quality as what was built in Dearborn?

There shouldn't be any major difference in quality. If there was, you have a major problem on your hands

No difference. Same standards are used.

New trucks already being built. Simply amazing. I'm hearing there will be a DVD produced about the whole Body and Stamping changeover, including time lapsed video of the Body Shop demo and install.

Amazing- when you look at the time frame-iots been what ? four weeks come Sat AM?- and per that piece on 1100 trailer loads of new equipment, it is truly mind boggling!