No, you can't have that shade of blue on the Ford GT

That blue is awesome, no other way to describe it. And kudos to Ford for having a common color across the performance line for the 3 models introduced - very classy.

I actually like my vehicles to be a color - red or blue, lots of shades deep to bright. The dark reds are my favorite. This is of course contrary to every other car on the road that is one of 20 shades of gray with some metal flake added to the paint so it can be called one of 20 shades of silver.

• Like 2

That blue is awesome, no other way to describe it. And kudos to Ford for having a common color across the performance line for the 3 models introduced - very classy.

I actually like my vehicles to be a color - red or blue, lots of shades deep to bright. The dark reds are my favorite. This is of course contrary to every other car on the road that is one of 20 shades of gray with some metal flake added to the paint so it can be called one of 20 shades of silver.

IMO some cars just look better in silver then others....but I do agree with you, I'd rather have a deeper color on my car....though if I got a GT350 it would be white with blue racing stripes :)

• Like 1

I waited for Titanium grey on my 2006 Mustang GT to show up before I ordered mine...it was on the 2005 Pre-production Prototypes at the shows.

It was Tungsten. They had it on a GT, Cobra and Mustang I think. With silver racing stripes. Absolutely gorgeous. I ordered my 2006 Fusion in Tungsten a few months later.

IMO some cars just look better in silver then others....but I do agree with you, I'd rather have a deeper color on my car....though if I got a GT350 it would be white with blue racing stripes :)

Love the old school classic white with blue stripes - on any Mustang. Some things are just timeless.

• Like 1

Read what Peter De Lorenzo said about the blue used on Ford's performance models in this week's http://www.autoextremist.com/ column (under "Rants"). It's found in his comments about the color used on the Infiniti Q60 concept. His other comments about the Ford GT are quite good.

OT, but I was rather taken with his comments about the new Titan:

We don’t have a frickin’ clue, we've never had a frickin' clue, and we're not about to get one anytime soon, so there. The new Nissan Titan was an embarrassing kaleidoscope of other manufacturers’ pickup truck designs. Nissan designers borrowed a whole bunch from Ford, a little bit from Chevy and Ram, threw it all together and called it good. Except it isn’t. If there was ever a rolling monument to tedium and Nissan’s incredible lack of original thinking, the new Titan is it. It just may perform a much needed service, however, and that is finally bless us with the perfectly legitimate reason for Nissan to simply walk away from the pickup market altogether, because they have demonstrated repeatedly that they can’t compete and are simply devoid of a clue. CEO Carlos Ghosn had the temerity to suggest that the Titan would meet “unmet needs” in the U.S. market. What are those again exactly, Carlos? Fat, derivative and clueless is no way to go through life, kids. Here’s an idea: How about making yourselves useful and take another whack at the Juke?

• Like 2

It's still possible. What better way to drum up demand than telling people they can't have it?

Apparently someone told someone at Mustang6G.com forum, that Ford might consider offering Liquid Blue if they got good feedback so they started a poll at: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15463

So far Yes is leading No almost 10 to 1 at 325 for offering Liquid Blue and 36 against.

The people in the Mustang group seem to spy over at mustang6g.com quite a bit, maybe it will work.

In person the color is not what it looks like in photos. Though that happens a lot at the show, a lot of the cars are shown in Flat/SemiFlat Paint colors. I think they are picked because they photograph well and don't snow the fingerprints at the show. Brown however seems to be the car color of the show this year.

• Like 1

I'm sorry Mr. Exotic customer with $150K burning a hole in your pocket but we won't sell you a $20,000 paint job....

Our PR dept is so brain dead that we couldn't get through the first press conference without telling potential customers No.

What we should have said is that the paint application is a very special and unique Show color that takes ages to get right,

if you want a similar paint job, be prepared to pay an expensive premium price for something truly unique and exotic.

Please rest assured that our color selection will include a blue that is similar to that shade without the huge premium

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1