More Taurus spy photos

bzcat

That was my point, the Firewall would have to be different to fit the transmission. Basically almost everything from the firewall back would be shared with other cars or very similar to it.

So the question is then whether to do a longitudinal FWD/AWD or simply add something like a Mustang firewall and front crash module.

07977991-photo-salon-new-york-2015-linco

2016-ford-taurus-spied-profile-05.jpg

The A pillar spacing looks similar to the Contential concept.

I don't know, it looks to me like there's more space from the wheel well to the door/a-pillar on the Conti. And the front overhang looks shorter as well.

Also, when's the last time we've seen Ford's FWD products be that low slung at the rear? MKZ tried it with styling, but there's still a large amount of sheetmetal over the rear wheel on it. It looks lower than the Taurus mule too. Much more like the Audis (See A7). I don't know if it means anything, but just thinking out loud.

Edited by rmc523

I don't know, it looks to me like there's more space from the wheel well to the door/a-pillar on the Conti. And the front overhang looks shorter as well.

Do keep in mind it is a concept...I don't recall them even showing the engine compartment off on the car, so it might be a bit shorter on the concept vs the production vehicle. I don't think the styling would have a problem translating to a slightly longer nose. Plus it could possibly have a longer wheel base on it vs the new Taurus

Do keep in mind it is a concept...I don't recall them even showing the engine compartment off on the car, so it might be a bit shorter on the concept vs the production vehicle. I don't think the styling would have a problem translating to a slightly longer nose. Plus it could possibly have a longer wheel base on it vs the new Taurus

I think the production design is already finished and the concept was created based on that, so I don't expect any major changes prior to production. Remember the website referred to it as the 2017 Continental.

I think the production design is already finished and the concept was created based on that, so I don't expect any major changes prior to production. Remember the website referred to it as the 2017 Continental.

Right, but the MKC and MKZ concepts where very close to production model...its not like its a huge difference...maybe 3-4 inches longer on the production overhang on the Taurus?

Do keep in mind the Taurus is longer in overall length then the Explorer or Flex and they have the same engines/platforms also.