four-door sedan version of the mustang

ibeheretoo

• 10 months later...

Don't name it a Mustang, it would be something completely different.

It's entirely possible a 4-door Mustang which was simply a mustang stretched to fit 4 more doors could work, but I'm somewhat pessimistic. If there really is a desire in Ford to do a new V8 RWD seda based on Mustang's platform, I'd prefer they went in more of an Interceptor direction. I dont mean just re-do the Interceptor, I mean combine cues from past Ford sedans inside and out with the current company design language (or use it to launch a new one). Done right, I think they could do a heck of a good Falcon/Torino/whatever and it would stand without needing the Mustang name to prop it up.
  • Like 1

Well given the fact people have confused the new Mustang as a Fusion...there is the Fusion Sport coming this summer...

2017-ford-fusion-sport003-1.jpg

As for a 4 door sedan off the Mustang...it might happen in 2020 with the next gen, which is inexplicably getting pushed up 2 years or so. One reason might be to aline it with another producti.