The new Bronco/Ranger/MAP thread

Also, has anyone heard any rumors about Fords plan of attack with the Bronco?

Is this going to be a straight up ranger copy with some fancy traction control and a horse emblem?

Or will the Bronco be a legitimate Jeep killer with locking differentials,rock sliders.... etc, and Mopar Parts level of support and customization?

See Troller

• Like 1

I certainly hope the Bronco shares no styling with the Troller. I personally think it is ugly and somewhat juvenile looking. The Bronco can do much better me thinks.

Agreed! I want it to be every bit as capable... But with proper American styling... The troller looks like a toy

No, there's no way ford would just copy the troller.... It doesn't share any design language with ford NA...surely it will look more like the ranger

Edited by probowler

I think just figured something about the ranger/bronco.

Some people pondered that the new ranger will be different from the ROW ranger, so ford would call it something else... Like "Bronco-truck"...

But that theory doesn't fit the UAW time line. It would be really weird and confusing for Ford to release a bronco pickup in 2018, and wait for 2020 to release the real bronco..

Though the rumors say 2020 date is "no later than" meaning it could come sooner... I think it's safe to say the new compact/midsized truck won't be called "Bronco"

I think just figured something about the ranger/bronco.

Some people pondered that the new ranger will be different from the ROW ranger, so ford would call it something else... Like "Bronco-truck"...

But that theory doesn't fit the UAW time line. It would be really weird and confusing for Ford to release a bronco pickup in 2018, and wait for 2020 to release the real bronco..

Though the rumors say 2020 date is "no later than" meaning it could come sooner... I think it's safe to say the new compact/midsized truck won't be called "Bronco"

There's also Intel that T6 inquiries are doing the rounds with suppliers..

So maybe then we're getting an all-new T6 to rule them all?

New USA/ROW ranger

new Bronco

New row Troller

The question then is... Has ford decided that despite being similar in size... The higher F150 margins now allow the ranger to make sense? (as many have already suggested)

Or,maybe they're shrinking T6?

I'm going to go with the T6/mid-size theory :)

Well just have to wait for more news at this point.

• Like 1

The question then is... Has ford decided that despite being similar in size... The higher F150 margins now allow the ranger to make sense? (as many have already suggested)

Reportedly, the current Troller is built on T6. If they've decided there's enough of a market to justify a Troller-based Bronco, it's possible that a T6-based Ranger could come back as gravy on the biscuit, so to speak--with the Bronco hauling the freght, the Ranger could be set up to pull higher margins. Balancing that agianst the presumably smaller margins on any low-end F150 sales they might cannibalize might make more sense.

• Like 1

2018 would be about the right timing for a natural break in product cycle for T6 Ranger

but since the Everest and presumably Troller vehicles have only just launched, perhaps

the T6 platform will remain much longer and simply evolve to suit Nth American needs.

Even if Ranger, Everest and Bronco or some other combination sold in similar numbers as Focus,

that would be a huge gain in revenue, income and sales for Ford Nth America.

Edited by jpd80

So maybe then we're getting an all-new T6 to rule them all?

New USA/ROW ranger

new Bronco

New row Troller

Or,maybe they're shrinking T6?

I'm going to go with the T6/mid-size theory :)

Well just have to wait for more news at this point.

There is no way they are shrinking the T6. On the contrary, they will probably make it even bigger to gain as much footprint as possible for CAFE purpose - same thing GM did to enlarge the Colorado for the US market vs. ROW.

However, the rest of the world also wants a bigger truck so maybe this is why we are finally getting the Ranger... the size requirement is converging for US and ROW on midsize truck. Ford will have a real compact Transit Connect based truck for the rest of the world.

There is no way they are shrinking the T6. On the contrary, they will probably make it even bigger to gain as much footprint as possible for CAFE purpose - same thing GM did to enlarge the Colorado for the US market vs. ROW.

However, the rest of the world also wants a bigger truck so maybe this is why we are finally getting the Ranger... the size requirement is converging for US and ROW on midsize truck. Ford will have a real compact Transit Connect based truck for the rest of the world.

If they're making it bigger, there's zero point in bringing it here.

If the rest of the world wants bigger, it's time to globalize the F Series

Not that big.

T6 Ranger is roughly the same size as Tacoma and US-spec Colorado.

The new Hilux is almost the same size as Tacoma, VW Amarok and T6 Ranger.

So T7 Ranger will probably be slightly bigger than T6 but no where near as big as F-150.

Edited by bzcat

And get the same fuel economy.

Which is why the current T6 didn't come to the US... it would have been CAFE negative relative to F-150.

T7 with aluminum body and a slight increase in footprint and 4 cylinder Ecoboost engines + 9 speed auto in theory can be CAFE positive relative to F-150.