2016 Civic... Honda's back.

blazerdude20

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/16/2016-honda-civic-official/

Overall a very nice looking vehicle. A huge improvement over the 9th generation Civic.

My first impression was that there is a whole lot of...everything...going on with the styling. But the more I see it, the more I like it.

Honda really dropped the ball with the ninth-generation Civic. Park one next to a Ford Focus or even a Chevrolet Cruze, and it was painfully apparent which company phoned it in.

This new one is a huge improvement.

Edited by grbeck

Amazing how much the Civic has grown over time. I think today's Civic is larger than the Accord that was common when I was little (early 90s).

Haven't driven a Honda CVT but I've driven Nissan's and Subaru's and possibly a couple of others. Still not used to the feel. I like them on paper, but prefer the experience of driving a car with real gears.

Civic has been that way for about 3 years now. I had a 2014 civic for about 6 months and honestly the CVT was the best part of the car. Pretty smooth...

Hopefully Honda put more sound deadening material in however.

Supposedly the control of noise, vibration and harshness has received special attention. Whether this is true, or typical "new car hype," remains to be seen.

The next-generation Accord will use this platform, which has probably forced Honda to make some serious improvements in this area.

My only gripe is the rear quarter panel. It has "hips" to me with that flat area above the rear tire. Looks like the Volvo's of the late 90's. It's not horrible, but I just don't care for the look.

Otherwise, it's a decent looking upgrade.

Not too bad but if it were less gimmicky with the taillights and the big chrome bar in the grille it would look a lot better.

I was going to make the same comments - those three things are my only complaints about it as well.....the odd chrome bar on the front end, the rear 3/4 (I think its more that line that extends from the trail edge of the door window than anything), and the taillights. I also think the trunk design is a bit busy. But overall, it's better than some of their recent stuff.....cerainly better than what Nissan and Toyota put out these days....not that that's hard to do...

I keep waiting for a '61 Continental & '63 Riviera to jolt us out of this overstyled era of design (or a '77 Caprice, if you will)

The Continental concept didn't do that for you?

What's worse is that this car effectively makes the Acura ILX even more pointless.

I have a buddy at work who has the last generation. And Ford got bashed for Mercury, Lincoln. Man alive the only changes were the badges. I'm been factious of course.