2017 Fusion Revealed

Dog gone it!! Ford is still being way too conservative with their styling!!!

C'mon, Ford! Can't you get a lot more aggressive and bolder with the styling on all of your vehicles? For Pete's sake, don't be afraid to take a little risk!!! Stop following the styling philosophy of "make ours look like theirs, only better!"

• Like 1

There should be no chrome on the Sport model. None. The grille surround and the spear on the trunk should be black, and the headlights should be smoked.

Somebody dropped the ball.

Agreed, however, given we still haven't seen the "real" thing, it's possible that - like the other Sport trims (Edge, Explorer, Escape appearance thus far) - that the Fusion Sport will get the black trim. If they don't, I agree it's a mistake. But given the other Sport trims are like that, one would have to assume that they'd do the same with this one.

My wife is either getting a 2017 Fusion or Escape. Showed her these pictures. She can't even tell it was updated.

And that's my concern with it - I think it looks good, and I like the update, but its very similar to the one it's replacing.

• Like 1

There should be no chrome on the Sport model. None. The grille surround and the spear on the trunk should be black, and the headlights should be smoked.

Somebody dropped the ball.

Well, it's not an official pic, and is still a pre-pro model, so we don't know what the final car will have on it yet.

My wife is either getting a 2017 Fusion or Escape. Showed her these pictures. She can't even tell it was updated.

Let's hope Ford saved all the budget for the mid cycle update on new powertrain... Should have the new 2nd gen 2.0 Ecoboost and 9 speed auto; plus the Sport model should have 2.7 Ecoboost?

If Ford pulls another Focus and make no powertrain updates on the Fusion... I don't know what else to say.

Let's hope Ford saved all the budget for the mid cycle update on new powertrain... Should have the new 2nd gen 2.0 Ecoboost and 9 speed auto; plus the Sport model should have 2.7 Ecoboost?

If Ford pulls another Focus and make no powertrain updates on the Fusion... I don't know what else to say.

I kind of doubt we'll see the new 9 speed transmission next year. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't get an upgraded 2L Ecoboost and don't forget about hybrid or plugin models. Maybe an electric model too?

Semantics.....

Semantics? Don't see how.

Super

High

Output

Basically stuffing the largest motor you've got to make the fastest grocery getter you can make. Loved my '95 SHO. Should have traded the ex-wife in when she convinced me to sell mine.

Sport is a trim package. It rarely has a unique powertrain upgrade, sans Edge, old model Fusion, and maybe the Explorer. Sport F-150? Color matching bumpers, deleted chrome everything and a black interior. Focus SES (second S is Sport)? No chrome on the exterior and black interior. Sport Escape, old model or new? No unique engine. Blacked out chrome.

Semantics? Don't see how.

Super

High

Output

Basically stuffing the largest motor you've got to make the fastest grocery getter you can make. Loved my '95 SHO. Should have traded the ex-wife in when she convinced me to sell mine.

Sport is a trim package. It rarely has a unique powertrain upgrade, sans Edge, old model Fusion, and maybe the Explorer. Sport F-150? Color matching bumpers, deleted chrome everything and a black interior. Focus SES (second S is Sport)? No chrome on the exterior and black interior. Sport Escape, old model or new? No unique engine. Blacked out chrome.

It's still a different trim level... And I'm pretty sure SES wasn't a sport model, you could buy a Taurus SES before it was killed for the Five Hundred