Chevy Commercials Attacking F150 ...again!

bdegrand

Looks like Chevy is trying to attack the hot selling F150 with their latest silly ad about the Ford F150 NOT offering Wi-Fi while the 2nd Place Silverado Does. They try to humiliate Ford with hooking it up to a trailer with a satellite dish on top. How childish can they get!? First insult ad was the bear in the cage...now it's this satellite trailer. At the very end of the ad you hear one of the paid actors saying that Chevy kicks Ford in the dust!!!

The latest from the 3rd Place Ram Commercial also shows them boasting about Ram Trucks selling more now than ever...(evidentally competing with themselves) and showing the F150 in the background. I think their Old Cowboy Sam is trying to imply it selling more than F150....since it shows the 1st Place Ford in the background.

I guess they must be frustrated so much....They have to get childish!

The other one that irks me is where they ask the people which truck won some award or had best in class something and this guy says "Ford" and the girl next to him gives a disgusted "ugh" as if to say how could you possibly pick Ford?

I'd love to see Ford do a commercial showing an Expedition and a Suburban with soccer moms locking their keys in the car. The Suburban mom struggles to find her cell phone and call OnStar and wait, while the Expedition mom punches in her five digit code and drives off before the other mom can even get out her phone.

• Like 4

The other one that irks me is where they ask the people which truck won some award or had best in class something and this guy says "Ford" and the girl next to him gives a disgusted "ugh" as if to say how could you possibly pick Ford?

I'd love to see Ford do a commercial showing an Expedition and a Suburban with soccer moms locking their keys in the car. The Suburban mom struggles to find her cell phone and call OnStar and wait, while the Expedition mom punches in her five digit code and drives off before the other mom can even get out her phone.

What? Another code to remember! ;)

• Like 3

Five digit keypad is the best and most useful car/truck feature ever thought up by the human race. I won't buy a vehicle without it, so I guess I am locked into Ford. Other vehicle entry features are just not the same. Not having to worry about keys while skiing in deep powder or camping, mountain biking/hiking in the National Forest is simply the greatest thing ever!

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 5

In a new "technology" F150 commercial they show old tech appliances falling left and right in the screen saying "you upgraded your old technology, why not your truck?" (showing an old Silverado). In other words GM n' Ford will always rag on each other.

Five digit keypad is the best and most useful car/truck feature ever thought up by the human race. I won't buy a vehicle without it, so I guess I am locked into Ford. Other vehicle entry features are just not the same. Not having to worry about keys while skiing in deep powder or camping, mountain biking/hiking in the National Forest is simply the greatest thing ever!

Its funny you say this because I completely agree with you. I cannot tell you how many times I've taken my wife's Grand Cherokee somewhere and I either don't have the FOB or the keys are locked in the car and I think to myself.... wow sure wish I had a keypad. Tailgating, camping, or just going somewhere where you don't want to take your keys... its just amazing.

In a new "technology" F150 commercial they show old tech appliances falling left and right in the screen saying "you upgraded your old technology, why not your truck?" (showing an old Silverado). In other words GM n' Ford will always rag on each other.

Wow....Ford slamming the distant 2nd place finisher....haven't seen that yet!

Kind of reminds me of all the negative political ads we're forced to endure, every time an election cycle rolls around.

I think it is very unfortunate when an entity (a candidate running for office, a vehicle manufacturer, a wireless provider,etc.) has to resort to "demeaning the other entity" in an attempt to make themselves look better.

Sell yourself or your manufactured product on your own (or its own) positive merits! Don't do it by attempting to put down the other guy!

• Like 1

Kind of reminds me of all the negative political ads we're forced to endure, every time an election cycle rolls around.

I think it is very unfortunate when an entity (a candidate running for office, a vehicle manufacturer, a wireless provider,etc.) has to resort to "demeaning the other entity" in an attempt to make themselves look better.

Sell yourself or your manufactured product on your own (or its own) positive merits! Don't do it by attempting to put down the other guy!

Agree 100000000%.

Although it is fun to see Ford respond with little jabs here and there.

• Like 1

Agree-its called the "high road". And we don't have "Amarillo Slim" or whoever the "Guts, Glory, Ram" macho man is to listen to either.

As for the Ford copy I think the "military grade aluminum" bit is good-to dispel the beer can connection and I also like the shots of the heavy duty STEEL frame. The right materials for the right application.

• Like 3

Don't understand the appeal of having a dedicated wifi hotspot built into your car. Any newer smartphone can act as a wifi hotspot.

Exactly. MFT has been able to turn your vehicle into a WiFi Hotspot for years using your phone. No extra hardware and no extra subscriptions.

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/using-your-phone/how-to-turn-your-vehicle-into-a-wifi-hotspot.html

• Like 4

Exactly. MFT has been able to turn your vehicle into a WiFi Hotspot for years using your phone. No extra hardware and no extra subscriptions.

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/using-your-phone/how-to-turn-your-vehicle-into-a-wifi-hotspot.html

Umm.....you don't even need MFT. I do it all the time with my wi-fi only iPad on trips. The only restriction is if your provider doesn't allow tethering on your phone.

But it would still be cheaper and easier to change your plan or buy a modem. You can use it anywhere in any car at any time and it doesn't stay with the car when you sell it. And you can upgrade or change the service and service providers at any time and you don't have an extra data charge. I just don't see any upside to this option (including Ford's new version).

Agree-its called the "high road". And we don't have "Amarillo Slim" or whoever the "Guts, Glory, Ram" macho man is to listen to either.

As for the Ford copy I think the "military grade aluminum" bit is good-to dispel the beer can connection and I also like the shots of the heavy duty STEEL frame. The right materials for the right application.

Hahahahaha Amarillo Slim!!

I think you mean Sam Elliot.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Agree 100000000%.

Although it is fun to see Ford respond with little jabs here and there.

Yeah, Ford does it indirectly without mentioning the competition, they'll discuss the merits of their trucks and then just slip the competitor reference in the background somewhere, and it's implied what they mean.

Chevy, on the other hand, takes the "oh look at this Ford, our Chevy has this and this...the Ford doesn't, buy Chevy" approach, mentioning their competitor directly 18 times in their own ad.

• Like 2

Yeah, Ford does it indirectly without mentioning the competition, they'll discuss the merits of their trucks and then just slip the competitor reference in the background somewhere, and it's implied what they mean.

Chevy, on the other hand, takes the "oh look at this Ford, our Chevy has this and this...the Ford doesn't, buy Chevy" approach, mentioning their competitor directly 18 times in their own ad.

Exactly. I remember a F150 commercial where they did something with a cardboard RAM cutout but can't remember the details. Subtle but effective.

GM can't spell subtle......

Speaking of GM commercials, the one that make me nuts now is the one for the new Malibu. They have a de-badged Malibu with some obvious non car people trying to guess what it is at some fancy estate. It must be a Lexus, no a BMW, it must be $55K, no $85k, hey look it has Siri and Apple Play! It's gorgeous. Really? Really? Are people that stupid?

• Like 3