2017 Fusion

I was looking at the 2017 Build and Price page for my zip code and it looks like there's a $250 RCL Customer Cash incentive valid 4/5/16-7/5/16. Blah, blah, blah dealer stock, yadda, yadda, yadda, not all models qualify, blah, blah, blah, see dealer for restrictions...

I was looking at the 2017 Build and Price page for my zip code and it looks like there's a $250 RCL Customer Cash incentive valid 4/5/16-7/5/16. Blah, blah, blah dealer stock, yadda, yadda, yadda, not all models qualify, blah, blah, blah, see dealer for restrictions...

You won't see any incentives on the 2017 until they hit dealer lots or are at least on the way, your dealer can payment protect your order if the incentives change for the worse (I assume on the 2017 they will just get better). Though Ford has been big on competitive cash so hopefully you have a competitor vehicle in the household.

The 2017 build and price has been updated from future vehicles and is now available on the Ford web site. Current incentives listed on the Ford web site include: $250 Retail Bonus Customer Cash + $250 Retail Customer Cash, or $250 Retail Bonus Customer Cash + APR financing from 0.0% APR / 36 mo to 3.9% APR / 72 mo

From what I understand, it appears current incentives add up to $500, or $250 plus financing.

Edited by transitman

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have information on why there's a material hold on Fusions (at least mine). My SE order is nothing special, it has all the S features and features available on the Titanium and as far as I can tell the plant is still producing those cars. My totally uninformed guess is either White Gold Metallic paint, Lane Keeping System electronics, or 1.5L engines.

There was an issue this week with all 2017 Fusion orders being placed on "Material Hold" status. The issue was supposed to be resolved yesterday but our retail Fusion order that showed up on the ":AM Preview" scheduling reports on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday didn't schedule and still hasn't as of this morning. I'd put the blame on Ford's IT department which has been an absolute mess the past month or so with numerous issues including dealers inability to access the FMCDealer.com portal for hours at times. Assuming that the IT issues have been fixed for the Fusion order bank, the scheduling should happen next week. Even so, keep in mind that commodity issues change from week to week and often include powertrains and then sometimes change on a daily basis. It's not easy getting vehicles scheduled whether for retail customers or dealer stock!

• Like 2

Hey, there. Was wondering if anyone might know whether Ford is planning any incentives on the new Fusion, specifically the SE. I am seriously considering ordering one equipped with similar options to transitman (but with Enhanced Parking Assist, as well). I got a quote of $28,800 which is $2691 off MSRP. I'd love to get down to $28,000. Anybody know? This would be my first Fusion, BTW. Thanks!

Many times you can write a purchase contract at the time of order accounting for the current incentives. Once the car comes into the dealer you can keep the original deal OR they will adjust the contract if the new incentives are better.

• Like 1

Many times you can write a purchase contract at the time of order accounting for the current incentives. Once the car comes into the dealer you can keep the original deal OR they will adjust the contract if the new incentives are better.

Yes but only if the dealer applies for incentive protection when the order is placed. In the past this was not available to all dealers but now it may be.

• Like 1

My salesman was pretty cool about it, he said his discounted price was in addition to any subsequent Ford incentives. All I've seen so far for the 2017 Fusions have been the $250 Retail Cash and $250 Customer Cash. You can also get a $500 discount if coming from a competitor model's lease and you lease the new vehicle. However, I'm not financing so that doesn't apply to me.

Which is what, 15 more than the 3.5L in the SHO? Dang!

I just read that the 2.7L EB has been upped to 380 lb-ft.

The 2.7L EB is looking better everyday..

That's awesome! Making it even harder for me to keep my SHO. I have been waiting to see if the new Sport was gonna show up and what the specs would be. Built one on the configurator last night. We'll see how long I can hold out!

Well, technically it's the dealer's order, not the customer - from Ford's standpoint at least. I'm sure the dealer can cancel the order before it's scheduled. After it's scheduled I'm not sure. Send a PM to Ice-Capades - he works at a dealership.

• Like 1

I saw a 2017 Ruby Red SE today on the way home from the golf course. The front end looked very different from a 2016 and it caught my eye right away. It was coming towards me and the LED strips looked freakin' sweet, they really stood out. Then he switched on the turn signal and it's a thin yellow LED strip on the inside top of the headlight assembly and it also looked very nice. The level II LED tails looked just fine when the brakes were applied. I followed him for a bit and was going to talk to him if he stopped, but it appeared he was looking for street parking in a very congested area so I gave up.

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

I saw a 2017 Ruby Red SE today on the way home from the golf course. The front end looked very different from a 2016 and it caught my eye right away. It was coming towards me and the LED strips looked freakin' sweet, they really stood out. Then he switched on the turn signal and it's a thin yellow LED strip on the inside top of the headlight assembly and it also looked very nice. The level II LED tails looked just fine when the brakes were applied. I followed him for a bit and was going to talk to him if he stopped, but it appeared he was looking for street parking in a very congested area so I gave up.

Lucky you! I've yet to see one out in the wild yet.

What the difference is between the Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 tail lights on the Fusion?

This was discussed in another thread and if I understand it, Level 3 have an outer ring of light that is on all the time, level 2 does not. The internal lights are the same, it's all about the outer ring, rear daytime running lights.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that the other day...it does make the car look alot different with the DLR LEDs...I like it. Something that you wouldn't pickup normally from photos.

• 4 weeks later...

cyberdman is on hiatus for shutdown until 7/15, is there anyone out there who can track by car. My spidey sense tells me it's getting close to the transport yard in Cottage Grove, MN

3FA6P0HD5HR157487

Thanks

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

So to ease the complexity of parts, options, bs...wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't just use one damn set of tail lights (preferably the better high end ones), and cut the bs? I get the part of of allowing the high trims have some extra details to differentiate, maybe some chrome here and there,, but throwing 3 sets of lights I think is overkill.