Lincoln Navigator Reignites Bold

I am moderately surprised at the number of comments wanting this vehicle to be something other than what it is. It is a full-sized, truck-based SUV. From a guy who actually buys these, this concept easily projects to a desirable production vehicle.

This: I said, I have no dog in this fight but I'm interested to see what the production version looks like. If it meets your market desires, fair play.

I think some people were looking for a smaller vehicle closer to a LR - but I think that's going to be the Aviator.

Unrelated, but wasn't Ford supposed to debut something today? Or am I imagining things?

I was trying to find the debut time schedule someone posted, but I can't remember where it was, and have searched through 3 forums.

Someone posted in Pete D's site that Lincoln should have gull wing doors in production Navis. Imagine the cost, quality issues and people getting dnets in them in real world use.

Some stuff is just for the "lookie loo" crowds at Auto Shows, who want to be entertained and not "bored".

Oh, and I think it will sell, it looks like a big truck and that's what the 'keeping up appearances' folks will empty wallets for.

Unrelated, but wasn't Ford supposed to debut something today? Or am I imagining things?

I was trying to find the debut time schedule someone posted, but I can't remember where it was, and have searched through 3 forums.

Nothing scheduled for Ford. They announced the Shelby-H and that's pretty much it.

The NYIAS is normally pretty quiet for Ford, but Lincoln seems to make it a point to show off something new there as of late.

The last big thing I can remember from the NYIAS Ford wise was showing off the 2013 Taurus, when we thought it was supposed to be something else...GRWD or something?

What's the next major auto show? Could that be where we see the Expedition in some form?

The Auto Show season is pretty much done with till November, when the LA Auto show is. There is a Texas State Fair or something that Ford is known to show trucks off at, so might see it then?

Did Chicago happen already?

Yep. I don't think Ford debuted anything.

On a side note I was really disappointed that the Ford GT was not at the Atlanta Auto Show 2 weekends ago. Also missing were Porsche, Jag, LR, Aston Martin, BMW and Volvo.

The Continental was there however and it is stunning. Wife wanted a new Edge but after sitting in a MKX and driving both last weekend we're ordering a MKX Reserve. So it was worth the drive downtown.

• Like 2

Expedition will likely wait for next AutoSow Season, they are 2018 MY products scheduled to go on-sale by Mid 2017. I imagine Detroit debut for production Navigator, probably Chicago for Expedition. Expedition will likely have a healthy lead time over Navigator as we typically see with Ford/Lincoln launches.

Edited by BORG

Expedition at Texas State Fair is my expectation. NAIAS at the very latest. I don't think the old style Expy/Navi are going to run for a year or more after the new SDs start production at KTP.

Pretty sure since Ford is trying to actively build Lincoln's rep, you get Lincoln concepts and then production Lincolns.

By contrast Ford seems to just show production Fords most of the time. Have they done a pure Ford brand concept since the 2013 Atlas?

Edited by RichardJensen

Expedition at Texas State Fair is my expectation. NAIAS at the very latest. I don't think the old style Expy/Navi are going to run for a year or more after the new SDs start production at KTP.

Pretty sure since Ford is trying to actively build Lincoln's rep, you get Lincoln concepts and then production Lincolns.

By contrast Ford seems to just show production Fords most of the time. Have they done a pure Ford brand concept since the 2013 Atlas?

Didn't the Edge have a concept?

They did an Edge concept about a year before the 2015 Edge was unveiled, does that count?

It's still gong to be another 12 months before we see the production Navigator,

that was mentioned in either the press release or reports on the Concept.

SD changeover will probably happen during Q3 and Q4 with Q1 2017 for stabilization

and then we may see the Navigator / Expedition begin production..

Edited by jpd80

side_zpsiviharmw.jpg

Come on guys, that concept has a longer wheelbase, there around three and a half wheel spans between the inner

edges of the front and rear tires. The regular Navigator is shorter "dumpier"

2015 Navigator

2015-Lincoln-Navigator-side-profile_zpst

Edited by jpd80

side_zpsiviharmw.jpg

Come on guys, that concept has a longer wheelbase, there around three and a half wheel spans between the inner

edges of the front and rear tires. The regular Navigator is shorter "dumpier"

2015 Navigator

2015-Lincoln-Navigator-side-profile_zpst

Looks like the old " longer, wider, lower" approach been applied here.

Looks like the old " longer, wider, lower" approach been applied here.

Hence the term "Land Yacht" is appropriate, this thing is H-U-G-E

so no wonder the body lines and styling look different, those proportions

applied to a wheelbase 12 inches shorter will look massively different