2018 Shelby GT500KR with Twin Turbo V8?

A twin-turbo 5.0L V8 in the Mustang will be a packaging marvel to behold in a Ford. I doubt it will happen. And the Cobra Jet SEMA car from a few years back that had the turbos behind the front clip will never pass emissions and therefore never see production.

I seem to recall reading, somewhere, that the Ford was reworking the 6.2L V8 to fix the cooling problems (which seems to be the reason why it has not fully replaced the 6.8L V10). When I put my fantasy fanboy cap on I see a GT500 (or Mach 1?) with a Gen II 6.2L V8 with 3 or 4 valve VCT heads.

A twin-turbo 5.0L V8 in the Mustang will be a packaging marvel to behold in a Ford. I doubt it will happen. And the Cobra Jet SEMA car from a few years back that had the turbos behind the front clip will never pass emissions and therefore never see production.

I seem to recall reading, somewhere, that the Ford was reworking the 6.2L V8 to fix the cooling problems (which seems to be the reason why it has not fully replaced the 6.8L V10). When I put my fantasy fanboy cap on I see a GT500 (or Mach 1?) with a Gen II 6.2L V8 with 3 or 4 valve VCT heads.

So I'm wondering if we see the Ford GT's TTV6 in the GT500.

There would be no greater piss off moment to GM than For Ford

to front with a 630-650 hp TTV6 GT500 that matches their new ZL1.

I don't understand the business case for this car but damn I love it!

Anyhow, turbo's in the "vee" makes a lot of sense on an OHC engine. There is a huge amount of dead space in the valley. The original Coyote V8 had reverse flow cylinder heads. It stands to reason that Ford might want to take advantage of the pluses that come with that configuration.

It doesn't matter the peak hp number to me as much as the instant throttle response an engine like this could deliver.

Bring it Ford!

I think it would have to be a 4.0TT to get the numbers they want. You can get 700 hp out of a supercharged 5.0 pretty easily.

A 3.0L V6 (from the Lincoln) scaled up to a V8 is 4.0L, and using a similar tune gives you 533 HP. Turn the wick up a bit and 700+ should be pretty easy. Hmmm......

I read somewhere that .5L / cylinder is considered optimal now.

A 3.0L V6 (from the Lincoln) scaled up to a V8 is 4.0L, and using a similar tune gives you 533 HP. Turn the wick up a bit and 700+ should be pretty easy. Hmmm......

I read somewhere that .5L / cylinder is considered optimal now.

How likely is an ALL NEW V-8 though? I would think it would be more like that 5.2 crate engine posted earlier.

How likely is an ALL NEW V-8 though? I would think it would be more like that 5.2 crate engine posted earlier.

Well, it obviously wouldn't go into the GT500 only. Think Navigator and Super Duty. Personally, I would love to see something like that show up in the Super Duty. Numbers around 475/550 would be about perfect I believe.

Well, it obviously wouldn't go into the GT500 only. Think Navigator and Super Duty. Personally, I would love to see something like that show up in the Super Duty. Numbers around 475/550 would be about perfect I believe.

I still don't see it happening, not when the entire industry is moving away from brand new V-8s in general.