2018 Expy

If there's a Ford debuting in Texas, it's almost certainly a truck. The F150's MCE has already been revealed and the Super Duty is still new (plus, they're normally shown at the Texas State Fair in October), so that pretty much leaves Expedition, Bronco, and Ranger. (Maybe the new Raptor, though it has been in ads for a few weeks.) It seems to me that the Bronco and Ranger are still too far out for reveals, so that leaves Expedition as the odds-on favorite.

If the Expedition is shown in Texas, that could leave the Navigator for Chicago (though I guess that'd be a Lincoln reveal rather than a Ford reveal)...

Ford debuted the 2007 Expedition at the Houston Auto Show, so there is a precedent for Ford to reveal new models in Texas that are not trucks. It wouldn't surprise me if the all new Expedition is revealed at the Ford Center at Dallas Cowboys Star facility. It'll probably become the "Official SUV of the Dallas Cowboys" or something goofy like that. The Cowboys play in Arlington, Texas, which is where the GM SUV's are assembled. So it kind of makes sense that they would want to debut & display it here.

Ford debuted the 2007 Expedition at the Houston Auto Show, so there is a precedent for Ford to reveal new models in Texas that are not trucks.

I count the Expedition as a truck, and even moreso as it merges back with the F-Series platform. The F-Series is already the official truck of the Cowboys, so there's already a tie-in with Ford.

"I count the Expedition as a truck, and even moreso as it merges back with the F-Series platform. The F-Series is already the official truck of the Cowboys, so there's already a tie-in with Ford."

most full sized suvs but 2 (mb gls, land rover rr) are body on frame trucks anyway so noone expected the expedition to deviate from that. however, the expy will still use a modified version of the f150 platform like its always had, except now its using the current f150 frame as a "base" instead of the "2003" version. however regardless, i think most ppl differentiate expy as an suv. when i tell ppl my navi is a truck they say how, theres no bed on it, then i gotta break it down to em. but the good thing about it moving closer to this generations f150 platform than previous gen platforms is the adaptability to technoligical updates thats always been a constant with the f150s

I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out if it was a trick question.......

Yeah, I had them both pasted in there, but then it gave me that "can't use this extension" message, so to check which was giving the problem, I deleted the expy one first and posted it, and then I had to upload it to photobucket, resulting in the delay. You're welcome :stirpot: haha

Principal saw actual photos, said the vehicle looks very distinguished and refined....my bet is the roof will follow the lines of the Navi.

Yeah, spy photos of both have shown the same roofline, which isn't surprising. Obviously the fronts/rears will be different between the Expy/Navi, but it'll be interesting to see if they share the same body sides/door panels.

Principal saw actual photos

Ok, I know I'm not the only one who wants to know this and I apologize if it's been discussed before. But why are they called "Dealer Principals" as opposed to owner or general manager? That seems to be unique to dealerships.

Edited by akirby

One can only hope. I don't care much what the exterior looks like - I need a refreshed cabin with better electronics and sound system. May get the Nav due to the better sound system. Hope they never eliminate the low fold of the 2nd row/3rd row. Most important feature for me.

The cabin is completely new, sharing nothing with the current one. And I'm sure they're keeping the low/flat folding 2nd/3rd rows.

Ok, I know I'm not the only one who wants to know this and I apologize if it's been discussed before. But why are they called "Dealer Principals" as opposed to owner or general manager? That seems to be unique to dealerships.

Not just dealerships, our engineering firm the owner is referred to as a principal.

Typically the term means that the party is responsible for the actions and liability of the company. Owner has a negative conantation in many circles. Smaller Law firms typically use principal in place of partners.

Doesn't take much to confuse me nowadays.

I spent 15 minutes today searching for the keys to one of our unmarked news cars that I needed to hold back for the iTeam, cursing whoever took it without asking me.

I had the keys sitting *on* my keyboard so someone wouldn't take it without asking me.

• Like 3

I spent 15 minutes today searching for the keys to one of our unmarked news cars that I needed to hold back for the iTeam, cursing whoever took it without asking me.

I had the keys sitting *on* my keyboard so someone wouldn't take it without asking me.

And you aren't even old like akirby. :)

• Like 2