Focus/Fiesta Owners Sue for Faulty Transmissions

Any competitor that has a product selling 1/5 quantity of mine, and is hungry for more, would make me ensure my bucket has no leaks.

And the reality is, Ford has holes in every segment bucket when they allow known defects to continue.

I'm separating F150 from the rest of the lineup. I agree they have issues with cars but I don't see any leaks in the F150 bucket. Ford is absolutely leading the segment and is not resting on their laurels at all.

• Like 1

The quality slide is unfortunate but it's important to recognise and pinpoint

immediate issues, vehicles like Focus don't earn Ford much profit when they

continue to see the $18K SE as the volume product. It's easier to upsell to

a Fusion or Escape

Edited by jpd80

The Focus fell to 17k while the Cruze increase to that many, shame IMO the only downside to the Focus is the transmission. The Cruze hatch is popping-up everywhere where I live.

Had a Cruze hatch rental the last two days. Really liked it. If I were in the market for that type of car it'd be my top choice.

$4250 around Metro Detroit right now.

Interesting because Ford's national offer on SE is $3250 retail cash, so perhaps those dealers

are throwing in another $1K to make the deals, that would be ~$14,800 cash purchase price.

That's a lot less than a $22K Cruze LT, especially when a Titanium Focus is now $21,700 cash price..

Interesting because Ford's national offer on SE is $3250 retail cash, so perhaps those dealers

are throwing in another $1K to make the deals, that would be ~$14,800 cash purchase price.

That's a lot less than a $22K Cruze LT, especially when a Titanium Focus is now $21,700 cash price..

I know of one dealer that's offering a 13k cash price for an SE
  • Like 1

Do we have an ETA when the new Focus is supposed to be in showrooms? End of next year? Spring 2019? Seems like a long time off, but only about a year and half away or less.

I don't know when job 1 is tentatively scheduled but my best guess is probably about the same time as Ranger, so early 2019 it will hit showrooms.

I don't know when job 1 is tentatively scheduled but my best guess is probably about the same time as Ranger, so early 2019 it will hit showrooms.

New Escape and Focus will be out next year.

In Metro Detroit Focus have 5000, ST is 4500, and electric is 2600. You can get a base ST for a hair under 20 with the rebate and a/z plan. (plus tax)

Edited by jasonj80

New Escape and Focus will be out next year.

In Metro Detroit Focus have 5000, ST is 4500, and electric is 2600. You can get a base ST for a hair under 20 with the rebate and a/z plan. (plus tax)

MAP has one more model year of Focus production, which starts in September. I don't think the new model will start being built until later next year.
  • Like 1

I'm separating F150 from the rest of the lineup. I agree they have issues with cars but I don't see any leaks in the F150 bucket. Ford is absolutely leading the segment and is not resting on their laurels at all.

You obviously dont own one now, or in the past.

and as we've seen, issues with a vehicle may not necessarily affect new sales.

I'm also curious t know what nagging issues may be affecting the current F150,

the new 10-sped auto and engine upgrades seem to have captured buyers' attention....

Edited by jpd80

and as we've seen, issues with a vehicle may not necessarily affect new sales.

I'm also curious t know what nagging issues may be affecting the current F150,

the new 10-sped auto and engine upgrades seem to have captured buyers' attention....

and there's inevitably going to be growing pains with it as production ramps up beyond Raptor levels. I'm interested in seeing how the new corporate leadership handles it.

You obviously dont own one now, or in the past.

I don't have to own one to see the sales volumes and ATPs. Nobody said F150 doesn't have issues - almost every vehicle has issues. But they're not serious enough to impact market share or retail prices.

and there's inevitably going to be growing pains with it as production ramps up beyond Raptor levels. I'm interested in seeing how the new corporate leadership handles it.

I have a good feeling that having Raptor showcase the 10AT for a decent period in advance of full roll out

was a prudent move and probably gave production the necessary time to shake out a lot of the bugs

before ramping up volumes.

Since Ford's market share and ATP's have been INCREASING, you must be saying dropping a toolbox has increased sales then. Free advertising for Ford!

But if costs have increased at the same rate (production, warranty, etc...), rising ATPs are only keeping pace. Unfortunately, we can't look too far beyond the press releases to see what the true story is.

(Devil's advocate response, please continue)