Navigator Reviews

It seems the disappointment in ride is less that its bad and more that is not better?? motortrend states that the ride is among best in class but proceeds to say its shuddery. I believe the biggest issue is more the tires, it probably feels like the tires are over inflated and certain pavement creases and cracks are "felt" more readily, adding to that 'nervousness' feeling. Honestly, lowering the air pressure in the tire a bit probably remedies the ride complaints

• Like 1

So separate out the nit picking and some personal bias and the Navigator is a great vehicle that will impress actual buyers

If that's all they can find to complain about the Navi is in great shape.

Love the comments about it being better in every way than the Escalade. But that's not going to give it the sales crown overnight. It should make a dent though.

• Like 1

Now hold your breath and say a prayer for the marketing plan.

They need a "we're back" type ad for Navigator.

Not where they literally put "we're back" on the screen, but one that hints to that. And I don't want another ad that focuses 90% of the run time on McConoughey, with a few quick glances of the car.

A few ideas:

1) I want to see the Navigator prestigiously driving down a road or something. Have people stop in their tracks as the Navi effortlessly glides by (and no, not some bizarre CT6 ad where people are moving backward).

2) Or show Navi cruising along in traffic, but with the other vehicles semi-transparent in a noisy environment with something along the lines of a "you'll stand out in Navigator as you navigate through traffic", and click over to an interior shot looking out of a silent cabin looking out on the transparent cars around you.

3) Have McConoughey standing on the side of a dark road, show a light in the distance "what's that" he says. Then click over to an interior shot of a him in a Navigator accelerating quickly, showing off the digital gauges and HUD system; click back to McConoughey, with the light closer, him saying "that sounds like 450 ponies coming by way". Click over to a shot from the center of the lane, with Navi getting closer, and the illuminated Lincoln logo and headlights getting closer until you can clearly see the grille/front end...then click back over to him on the road, watching in slow motion as Navi goes by, with him looking at himself driving through the window (they already sort of used that theme with the Conti ad), then it goes back to normal speed as you see Navi's signature running lights slide away into the darkness.

• Like 1

They need a "we're back" type ad for Navigator.

Not where they literally put "we're back" on the screen, but one that hints to that. And I don't want another ad that focuses 90% of the run time on McConoughey, with a few quick glances of the car.

A few ideas:

1) I want to see the Navigator prestigiously driving down a road or something. Have people stop in their tracks as the Navi effortlessly glides by (and no, not some bizarre CT6 ad where people are moving backward).

2) Or show Navi cruising along in traffic, but with the other vehicles semi-transparent in a noisy environment with something along the lines of a "you'll stand out in Navigator as you navigate through traffic", and click over to an interior shot looking out of a silent cabin looking out on the transparent cars around you.

3) Have McConoughey standing on the side of a dark road, show a light in the distance "what's that" he says. Then click over to an interior shot of a him in a Navigator accelerating quickly, showing off the digital gauges and HUD system; click back to McConoughey, with the light closer, him saying "that sounds like 450 ponies coming by way". Click over to a shot from the center of the lane, with Navi getting closer, and the illuminated Lincoln logo and headlights getting closer until you can clearly see the grille/front end...then click back over to him on the road, watching in slow motion as Navi goes by, with him looking at himself driving through the window (they already sort of used that theme with the Conti ad), then it goes back to normal speed as you see Navi's signature running lights slide away into the darkness.

There was a comprehensive, multi-faceted strategy ready to go. Then things changed.

I have high hopes for the navigator. The only thing I hate about these reviews is they almost always say something about it being just a Ford. They say something about the switch gear etc... IE Continental. However Everytime I get in an Audi or Cadillac or Lexus they all feel like their corporate cousin. But they get a pass. I see VW switch gear in Audi, but that's never an issue with the rags.

• Like 1