ecosport is here

Keep in mind that for now, you have both Fiesta and Ecosport to sell so will be interesting to see combined totals.

and then maybe down the track, Fiesta Active comes as an import to supplement Ecosport.....just spit balling..

Edited by jpd80

Deanh...thanks for the pictures. Interesting to say the least. I think it will do fine as Ford tests the waters with EcoSport...as for power or lack thereof, here is something to think of..

When the better half began shopping to replace her third V6 powered Escape (2001, 2005, 2010) she did not like the style of the redesigned Escape and began looking at other options....after a lot of test driving, she ended up with a 2015 Subaru Forester with the 2.5L boxer 4 cylinder and CVT transmission. When she first took it out, she commented, "It doesn't have the pep of my Escape." and me sitting in the passenger seat thinking, "No way she will buy this.."

Well, at the end of the day, she DID buy the Subie....loves the MPG's, loves the styling, and loves the ride...and guess who got used to the level of power that the Subie has...claims that she would never consider another type of car (and yes, she called it a car) ever again....we'll see about that, she told the salesman she would never consider the Subie in red and guess what we drove off the lot with....

Edited by twintornados

Two thoughts come to mind. Now that the 2018 Ford EcoSport has actually landed on the West Coast and is sitting on the Dealership`s floor, when is Ford going to hand a few over to Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Autoweek, etc for their testing an initial review/impressions? Odd that not even Pre-Production EcoSports weren't provided? If this CUV starts selling an begins to eat some of Honda HR-V, Chevy Trac, Mazda 3 market, it won't be long before Ford pulls the plug on North American EcoSports sailing from India. They will find room somewhere very quickly in the US, Canada or probably Mexico to solve the ridiculous Logistics issue before MY 19`.

We got our first EcoSport brochures today and the first question everyone asked was when we were finally going to have the vehicles to show. We have 4 EcoSport's floating somewhere on the ocean and probably won't have them for another month. Got to love the 6 month Order-to-Delivery time frame!

I have to ask. The long lead time from order to delivery, when exactly does the dealership pay Ford for the vehicle? When it's ordered, produced or delivered?

JUST CHECKED PROGRAMS....my bet is most will be leased, on a purchase only incentives are a $500 rebate OR 2.9, Lease, strong 36 month ( 15000 mile a year ) 51% residual, a $2500 rebate and a 0.5 money factor....a reflection of how SUV's/ CUVs retain value better than sedans?....

• Like 1

Once the EcoSport hits the Dealerships, in order to jump start Sales, I'm sure there will be more money "But on the Hood" plus Organizations such as EAA will probably have an extra Membership $750 to $1000 Rebate. Tack on X Plan and purchasing might not be too shabby either. Seldom do Leases have huge Margins over Purchases. EcoSports resale value is a complete unknown unlike the Honda HR-V. 51%Residual value after 3 years? A bit optimistic? Early reviews, fuel economy, reliability and reviews will have a huge impact on a Vehicle made in India an being brought to North America for the first time.

Just curious, while Production of the 2018 Ford EcoSport has begun in Romania and being shipped throughout Europe and a host of other Continents, wouldn't` it have made more sense to ship Ecosport`s to the North American Market from there versus shipping them from India to N.A. from other furthest side of the Globe? East Coast arrivals in 3 weeks or less compared to 60 days going around Africa or traversing the Suez Canal? High Quality Control is a given factor at the Romania Assembly Plant compared to questionable QC at the India Plant as well.

Just curious, while Production of the 2018 Ford EcoSport has begun in Romania and being shipped throughout Europe and a host of other Continents, wouldn't` it have made more sense to ship Ecosport`s to the North American Market from there versus shipping them from India to N.A. from other furthest side of the Globe? East Coast arrivals in 3 weeks or less compared to 60 days going around Africa or traversing the Suez Canal? High Quality Control is a given factor at the Romania Assembly Plant compared to questionable QC at the India Plant as well.

India is more logistically sound than Romania, and likely cheaper due to import tariffs and whatnot. Its kind of the same reason why Ford started importing the Transit Connect from Spain instead of Turkey, its more logistically sound. Didnt hurt that (I think, someone correct me if Im wrong) the plant in Turkey closed.

India is more logistically sound than Romania, and likely cheaper due to import tariffs and whatnot. Its kind of the same reason why Ford started importing the Transit Connect from Spain instead of Turkey, its more logistically sound. Didnt hurt that (I think, someone correct me if Im wrong) the plant in Turkey closed.

The Turkey plant was shut down for several weeks this fall because of a parts shortage (new transmission being phased into production). I'm pretty sure its back in operation now.

The European EcoSport moving to Romania is what made the US spec production possible in India. It freed up enough production capacity to supply the US.

The long supply chain is an issue but not a difficult one to solve. Just requires longer lead time.

EcoSport is made in India, Thailand, China, Brazil and now Romania. China plant barely keeps up with Chinese demand. Brazil plant supplies all of South America. Thailand plant supplies East Asia (except China), Australia, and New Zealand. India plant use to supply India, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Now It supplies India, Middle East, Africa and North America.

Edited by bzcat

Australia / NZ Ecosports come from India.

Made-In-India Ford EcoSport With EcoBoost Headed To Australia

By: Agencies || Updated: 07 Dec 2017 02:30 PM

Ford Australia recently announced that the 2018 EcoSport would launch in the continent on December 14, 2017. Australia will get two engine options, the new 1.5-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine from the Dragon family and the 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. That means the base variant will lose one cylinder and gain 11PS of power and 10Nm of torque, amounting to a net output of 123PS and 150Nm.

Just like in India, Ford has decided to drop the dual-clutch automatic in Australia. And hence, the 1.5-litre petrol engine will come with a 6-speed torque converter automatic. The dual-clutch automatic is an advanced and efficient unit, but it was reportedly facing reliability issues there. So, Ford turned to the more reliable torque converter instead. The 5-speed manual transmission has been dropped altogether.

I wonder if the Thai Ecosport is persisting with powershift...

As of this morning, Ford's Vehicle Locator is showing 1,658 EcoSports to be delivered to the closed 300 dealers.

Wonder if those 300 Dealers are all "West" of the Mississippi River? Curious how many EcoSport Vehilces can fit on the RORO Ships Ford is using to make this 60day Voyage. Some that Hyundai and Kia uses hold over 4000 Vehicles!

No. The closest 300 Dealers from our CT store.

Well assuming that the same RORO Transport Ship had to pass by Port Canaveral in Melbourne FL before going up the Eastern Sea Coast, Florida Dealers aught to be seeing the first ones arriving any day by Car Carrier? See almost half have been built with Optional Spare Tire mounted outside Rear Door. Bit surprised. IMO, doesn't add to appearance despite the practicality.