Ford February 2018 Sales

concept and actual car...too heavy handed in the Chrome dept....this is where the germans seem to reign it in, highlight a detail, utilize it like jewelry not slap it on with a bloody roller....

Edited by Deanh

I don’t think the majority of Forza players can afford to buy a Continental.......

Knowing him is enough. Leaving Lincoln out of the video games is making it erased. Children and young people like cars that learn and dominate in video games, and they want them in adult life as well. Other than that, Lincoln could be considered a mark of "Old and retired people". We have to change the image of Lincoln! She can be a brand for young people too. We're not just going to restrict it to the elderly. So it is important that she be in the virtual games so that she comes closer and they get to know her and watch their cars, which are also fast and good to drive

• Like 1

A 2 door mustang based Lincoln coupe or a CD6 based sport sedan would be much more appropriate.

I drove the Lincoln Continental in Forza 7 and I really found it pretty fast and competent in curves. A lot of people are thinking it too. Do not underestimate the bi-turbo of the Lincoln Continental and its 55kgfm of torque

akirby...........MKR please.............

I think it come in 2022 next to the all new Mustang CD6 , when the Lincoln lineup has many cars and the brand is already ripe. A Mark Sport with hybrid propulsion or totally electric. Ford and Lincoln won't invest as much technology in combustion cars in future

Edited by RadicalX

I definitely agree. I'm just trying to show that they need a "wow" vehicle that will bring more attention and notoriety to what they've accomplished in the last few years. One that makes people start paying attention to the brand. Producing what looks like a concept car would do that.

The impression I got leading up to and around the Conti reveal was that the Continental WAS supposed to be that wow vehicle...

Unpopular opinion: but I wish they would have kept the Gullwing doors.

I am a Continental owner and I like the car but here is my honest opinion:

They are nice cars but about as exciting as vanilla pudding. The styling, while inoffensive, is bland. It simply does not stand out in any way and really lacks road presence. I thought the original MKS had much better styling details in spite of being too tall and having too much overhang. The ride and drive of the Conti is pleasant but not class leading or remarkable in any way. The interior is very roomy and very comfortable - especially the seats - but otherwise just as boring as the exterior. In my opinion, there is just nothing compelling enough about the car to draw much of an audience other than from the Lincoln faithful. The marketing campaign for them has been equally boring. I am not surprised that sales have fallen off.

They are nice cars but about as exciting as vanilla pudding. The styling, while inoffensive, is bland. It simply does not stand out in any way and really lacks road presence. I thought the original MKS had much better styling details in spite of being too tall and having too much overhang. The ride and drive of the Conti is pleasant but not class leading or remarkable in any way. The interior is very roomy and very comfortable - especially the seats - but otherwise just as boring as the exterior. In my opinion, there is just nothing compelling enough about the car to draw much of an audience other than from the Lincoln faithful. The marketing campaign for them has been equally boring. I am not surprised that sales have fallen off.

Immediate thought after reading your comments/review... Why did you buy a Continental?

Immediate thought after reading your comments/review... Why did you buy a Continental?

Styling is not a consideration for me when choosing a car. I was ready to replace my MKS and am pretty loyal to Ford products. I knew I was going to tune the engine and take it to the dragstrip and most brands have NO affordable aftermarket tuning support. I was interested in how the Nano engine would respond to tuning. The pricing of the car was much lower than most of its direct competitors. I have a great relationship with the sales team at my Lincoln dealer. While not remarkable or class leading in terms of ride, handling or quietness, it is still a very pleasant, comfortable and powerful highway cruiser which is how the car is typically used.

My comments about the car are based on the realization than most potential Continental buyers have different priorities than I do.

• Like 3

Styling is not a consideration for me when choosing a car. I was ready to replace my MKS and am pretty loyal to Ford products. I knew I was going to tune the engine and take it to the dragstrip and most brands have NO affordable aftermarket tuning support. I was interested in how the Nano engine would respond to tuning. The pricing of the car was much lower than most of its direct competitors. I have a great relationship with the sales team at my Lincoln dealer. While not remarkable or class leading in terms of ride, handling or quietness, it is still a very pleasant, comfortable and powerful highway cruiser which is how the car is typically used.

My comments about the car are based on the realization than most potential Continental buyers have different priorities than I do.

Okay, understood. Rarely does a Lincoln customer buy a vehicle because they want to do an aftermarket engine modification for performance. But I still wonder why someone would consider buying a vehicle that they didn't like design/styling wise. Okay.

MKS is horrible. How can you like that? While the Continental has no original design, at least it is beautiful. The MKS is original but horrible and definitely not pleased many people with that eagle beak and rear Jaguar XJ

Okay, understood. Rarely does a Lincoln customer buy a vehicle because they want to do an aftermarket engine modification for performance. But I still wonder why someone would consider buying a vehicle that they didn't like design/styling wise. Okay.

If the Continental was selling well, everyone would find it beautiful and wonderful, with lots of design and road presence. Simple! People tend to look for what does not exist when an adverse situation occurs, as continental sales are affecting people's eyes on the design of the car, or looking for possible other defects

LOL....styling is very subjective. That is why I will not bother arguing with anyone who has a different opinion of it than I do. The last car that Ford made that I thought was a real standout in terms of style was the 1989 Thunderbird. I traded my 1994 T-Bird for a Lincoln LS even though it looked like a Mitsubishi. That is how little I care about how a car looks. By the way, I called the Continental "inoffensive" which is much different than calling it ugly. Here are a couple of examples of cars that I consider very attractive.

post-34962-0-76764300-1520698785_thumb.jpg

post-34962-0-16511200-1520698822_thumb.jpg

LOL....styling is very subjective. That is why I will not bother arguing with anyone who has a different opinion of it than I do. The last car that Ford made that I thought was a real standout in terms of style was the 1989 Thunderbird. I traded my 1994 T-Bird for a Lincoln LS even though it looked like a Mitsubishi. That is how little I care about how a car looks. By the way, I called the Continental "inoffensive" which is much different than calling it ugly. Here are a couple of examples of cars that I consider very attractive.

No argument. Just trying to understand your purchase decision.

No argument. Just trying to understand your purchase decision.

Understood. My original post was my opinion of why the Continental is not more popular. In a competitive field, I don't see the Conti as really standing out enough to draw a lot of buyers. That doesn't mean that I don't like the car.

The impression I got leading up to and around the Conti reveal was that the Continental WAS supposed to be that wow vehicle...

Unpopular opinion: but I wish they would have kept the Gullwing doors.

And I think the concept WAS. But they took the cover off the production on and it was a meh. A nice looking meh, but it didnt have the impact the concept has.

And the Navis gulling doors were impractical and unnecessary. Im starting to see a lot of Navigators around. They look great.

Understood. My original post was my opinion of why the Continental is not more popular. In a competitive field, I don't see the Conti as really standing out enough to draw a lot of buyers. That doesn't mean that I don't like the car.

I get what they were trying to go for with the whole quiet luxury thing, but it appears as if its a little too quiet. Standing out isnt always a bad thing.
  • Like 1

I get what they were trying to go for with the whole quiet luxury thing, but it appears as if its a little too quiet. Standing out isnt always a bad thing.

Like Ive said in various threads, I think quiet luxury was more a result of what they had available than the true direction they ultimately want, so thats waht theyre going with in the short term. Long term (once CD6 comes out), I think well see them pivot more toward a sporty image along with the luxury that they have now.

• Like 2