Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

probowler...all i read that as is the vehicle will be avail with TWO suspension setups...one for predominantly daily use, maybe trails....and a somewhat more focussed off road option ( maybe as a F option ) Fords already stated in previous releases theres a hard core version aimed squarely at the Jeep coming....but wouldnt surprize me if theres a more road tuned version...those Wranglers are CHOPPY.

2-lane trails? I mean we already knew it would be "nicer" than the jeep but that's a bit disappointing to hear.

"Following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails"

What I hear: Engineered more on the side of a Raptor than a Wrangler. If I hear that correctly, there will be no disappointment!

• Like 4

Based on the profile you can already tell that the Bronco is a little more show-car than off-roader, it doesn't have the insane extra long rock-crawling wheelbase and short overhangs of a Wrangler for example. I'm sure it's mostly a stylish SUV based on the Ranger so the Ranger/Everest is a good preview of what it will be capable of.

Edited by Assimilator

"Following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails"

What I hear: Engineered more on the side of a Raptor than a Wrangler. If I hear that correctly, there will be no disappointment!

Unless you wanted a Ford wrangler fighter, and not a Raptor-fighter.... :headscratch:

probowler...all i read that as is the vehicle will be avail with TWO suspension setups...one for predominantly daily use, maybe trails....and a somewhat more focussed off road option ( maybe as a F option ) Fords already stated in previous releases theres a hard core version aimed squarely at the Jeep coming....but wouldnt surprize me if theres a more road tuned version...those Wranglers are CHOPPY.

That would be a good strategy, and it makes sense...

Based on the profile you can already tell that the Bronco is a little more show-car than off-roader, it doesn't have the insane extra long rock-crawling wheelbase and short overhangs of a Wrangler for example. I'm sure it's mostly a stylish SUV based on the Ranger so the Ranger/Everest is a good preview of what it will be capable of.

Good to see your camo x-ray vision is still sharp as ever!

• Like 1

From the Jalopnik article I linked:

I called up my Ford P.R. contact to see how locked-in and official the shape shown in this picture really is, because it does look too good to be true. He told me that this is not a production car, and may actually be a clay design buck (he said he wasnt sure). Since were so far away from actual production of the vehicle, we dont have vehicles yet, he said, because were still trying to figure out what its going to look like, so [designers] use clay to...create different design themes.

Edited by 02MustangGT
  • Like 1

tdvfdvsh7zphk8dx6uao.jpg

zmfd8gouovfszmzodibi.png

Reminds me slightly of the Bronco concept.... which was OKAY, could be better... But the current shape , though vague does seem very promising. I think this could be an absolutely beautiful SUV.

Hopefully that renegade fighter abomination gets it's own name however, because that red thing is fugly! Very mainstream of Ford, but if it helps pay Ford's bills then i guess that's a success.

Edited by probowler

did you miss this paragraph....But, while that isn’t a production-level Bronco under the tarp, the shape we see here is similar to what we should expect from the vehicle when it debuts. “Yeah, there might be some changes on it,” he told me, “but it will look similar to that. That’s the design theme for Bronco.”

• Like 1

As a Ford shareholder I'm excited about the new product, but I am disappointed about the sedans (Fusion, MKZ, and Continental) if the speculation turns out to be true. I've never been a crossover / SUV guy and have no desire to own one personally. I will be in the market next year for a new sedan and if Ford is going to be killing everything except the Focus by 2020, I will probably have to look elsewhere. I can't believe Ford is giving up on the Continental already...it just came out last year.

Edited by mustang84isu

@mustang....Fusions going no where...I dont care how goo they get the SUV/CUVs mileage...Ford learnt a lesson last time they put all their eggs in the SUV market...the Fusion is their meat and potatoes for the crowd that DONT want an SUV/ CUV...I truly doubt they will ignore that market....the Mach 1 ( noted to be sleek ) may just be code for the Fusiopns ultimate replacement in hybrid/ BEV and full electric form.

02Mustang....I think you will be pleasantly surprised....Im quite sure Ford is scratching their heads at how much hype the Bronco is generating...they can afford to fall flat and disappoint....my bets on it being a great product well executed....and its outreach is far greater than the Continental could ever be.

Edited by Deanh

@deanh...nope. I read that quote as well. Did you see the Continental concept? Were you disappointed in the production version? Just sayin. This is a god damn clay model of the Bronco under a tarp. Like I said...prepare to be disappointed.

I just read it too. Lends credence to them being way behind. For them being potentially 18 months away from production and they havent moved past clay models and still contemplating potentially major design changes is not a good sign.
  • Like 1

gut tells me Lincoln will have a hot rod coupe ( MKR ) utilizing CD6....Lincoln needs some excitement in their lineup as well....right now the hot ticket is the Navigator, so they got something right....I actually like their lineup but its handsome...they need WOW.