silvrsvt

Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

It is my understanding that the zone reps have the ability to place orders into “hold” status (99) as the dealers no longer have this option in WBDO.  Of course this might have changed recently.   I have a second order that is also waiting for the mod-top.  My original reservation (7/31) and order somehow got pulled this week and is scheduled to build on 1/10/2022.  

On 11/9/2021 at 7:05 PM, rmc523 said:

Unless one of the vents in the fender is a door/charge port, I don't see one for a PHEV setup.

Someone posted a photo of a Bronco pretty much uncamoed except for a circle on the passenger side over rear wheel that might have been a charging port?!

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Someone posted a photo of a Bronco pretty much uncamoed except for a circle on the passenger side over rear wheel that might have been a charging port?!

Where?

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Now you have to paint your fingernails to match….

image.thumb.png.c579d400032a2588e4b373bd8bdf5dc8.png

LMAO...trying to get me to look like a Marilyn Manson impersonator?....wife is stoked with the car...that's all that matters...and I was EXTREMELY impressed with how smoothly it drives!...Thumbs up! Next up my 2dr stick shift... 

Edited by Deanh

32 minutes ago, Deanh said:

..........and I was EXTREMELY impressed with how smoothly it drives!...Thumbs up! Next up my 2dr stick shift... 

My first two impressions on driving a Bronco Sport for the first time: 1) quick, much faster than our '012 Focus, 2). Smooth!  That balance shaft in the 1.5L engine works very well.  We've had our Bronco Sport since April.  Over 7,000 miles.  Luv it.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

red tow hooks.jpg

Very cool....congratulations! Love the color and wheels. Optioned very nicely. 

53 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

My first two impressions on driving a Bronco Sport for the first time: 1) quick, much faster than our '012 Focus, 2). Smooth!  That balance shaft in the 1.5L engine works very well.  We've had our Bronco Sport since April.  Over 7,000 miles.  Luv it.

this is a Badlands...had to have the 2 litre, after that...hard for me to leave anything alone.... all badges removed, White letters in front changed to black ( they removed the whole bumper! ) had tow hooks painted Red, fog lights changed and red caliper covers in front with 18 inch OZ wheels 245 tires...drives GREAT...and very quiet. Shes absolutely stoked...and I had some fun opting it out. The stereo is even above my expectations!

17 minutes ago, Deanh said:

this is a Badlands...had to have the 2 litre, after that...hard for me to leave anything alone.... all badges removed, White letters in front changed to black ( they removed the whole bumper! ) had tow hooks painted Red, fog lights changed and red caliper covers in front with 18 inch OZ wheels 245 tires...drives GREAT...and very quiet. Shes absolutely stoked...and I had some fun opting it out. The stereo is even above my expectations!

So glad to see that you got your vehicle at last and that you're so happy with it! 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

So glad to see that you got your vehicle at last and that you're so happy with it! 

thx ice-capades....nice moment among all the current mayhem that is the car business...

7 hours ago, Deanh said:

finally!

SPort.jpg

Nice. I like like rally style OZ wheels. Works so well on the Bronco Sport. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Eh, unless that's the best camo ever or the one sticker is covering the door completely (and swings open with the door), I don't see any cut lines for a door, which you can usually make out even through camo.

Plus, I'm not sure why it'd be right over the wheel well, and not just a twin of the fuel door.

Ford is not going to punch a new hole in rear fender for charge port. For one thing, the 2 door and 4 door have different length so you are talking about 4x the tooling costs for the structural part of the body: 2 door, 2 door PHEV, 4 door, 4 door PHEV. 

The charge port will almost certainly be on a non-structural part of the body like the front fender where it can be easily added to the existing production line and used by all the different build variations. 

36 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Ford is not going to punch a new hole in rear fender for charge port. For one thing, the 2 door and 4 door have different length so you are talking about 4x the tooling costs for the structural part of the body: 2 door, 2 door PHEV, 4 door, 4 door PHEV. 

The charge port will almost certainly be on a non-structural part of the body like the front fender where it can be easily added to the existing production line and used by all the different build variations. 

The rear outer quarter panels aren't structural in any way. They’re actually fully removable, though I'm not entirely sure why you would want to other than easily replace a damaged one. 

On 11/22/2021 at 11:15 AM, akirby said:

Now you have to paint your fingernails to match….

image.thumb.png.c579d400032a2588e4b373bd8bdf5dc8.png

Is the watch band color just a coincidence?