Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

I’m not planning to buy a Ferrari.........

good for you...I was talking  about colors...Ferraris red is pretty damn good as well...Dig the boxsters...Cayman is one of my faves….

Edited by Deanh

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Oh it's a close second for sure.   There might even be a video somewhere.......

medium_ferrari-458-italia-coupe-2011-red

your one of the few that truly enjoys driving cars as they should be....enjoy buddy...jealous...but the Bronco IS in my future....awesome sauce

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Serious question. If the roof is removable, does it really matter what color it is anyway? 

The roof is on 90% of the time lol.

4 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I'm wrestling with it. Given the climate here, if the pricing works I think I probably would be better suited with the hard top + soft top. If it were an option, I'd be going with Race Red / Oxford White hard top / Black cloth top. 

If the white hard top isn't available, I might just stick with the black soft top for now and try it for a winter or two then add the hard top if needed. But then I'm not as sold on Race Red. 

Is the dual top like Jeeps's where the outside is fixed, but the inside the sliding soft top?

4 hours ago, akirby said:

For me I depends on the day of the week.  Some days I see a RR F150 and it looks great.  Next day it looks orange-ish.  I seriously considered it for my F150 but dropped it for blue jeans or magnetic and since blue jeans wasn’t available  with the sport package I went magnetic (and love it).

Ruby red is nice but my Fusion was ruby red and I didn’t want the same exact color.

That is the exact way I view RR. I do think Ford needs a new truer shade of red. Chevrolet actually has a very good shade that I regularly see on their trucks.  

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The roof is on 90% of the time lol.

Is the dual top like Jeeps's where the outside is fixed, but the inside the sliding soft top?

got me curious as well...I initially wondered if it wasnt integrated into the roll bar and retracted in a similar manner to the cargo covers Ford had in Escapes and Explorers...

6 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

It's legit. 

A big takeaway for me is that there isn't a white roof option listed. Based on what I've heard - and what we've all seen - I have to assume it's available somewhere. 

If not, my color choice changes. 

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Serious question. If the roof is removable, does it really matter what color it is anyway? 

5 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I'm wrestling with it. Given the climate here, if the pricing works I think I probably would be better suited with the hard top + soft top. If it were an option, I'd be going with Race Red / Oxford White hard top / Black cloth top. 

If the white hard top isn't available, I might just stick with the black soft top for now and try it for a winter or two then add the hard top if needed. But then I'm not as sold on Race Red. 

Well since you're  considering hardtop, you should potentially be able to take it to a shop and paint that bad boy white, no?

It's annoying, and seems like a fairly simple option that should and hopefully will offer, but I would consider that route to get the paint choice you really want.

32 minutes ago, Deanh said:

got me curious as well...I initially wondered if it wasnt integrated into the roll bar and retracted in a similar manner to the cargo covers Ford had in Escapes and Explorers...

Someone over at Bronco6g said that the "dual top" is actually the modular hardtop, but has a soft top that can be put up when the hardtop is off.  Which sounds similar to what you're describing - I do remember seeing Ford patents for something like that as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, probowler said:

Well since you're  considering hardtop, you should potentially be able to take it to a shop and paint that bad boy white, no?

It's annoying, and seems like a fairly simple option that should and hopefully will offer, but I would consider that route to get the paint choice you really want.

I asked again and it was indicated that the white roof would be an option. 

If not, wrapping or painting would be an option. It's just money. 

This is the paint scheme I would like:

8b285f98154864700325fe0233b28acc.jpg

My dad has an 88 in this color with red interior, and I'd like to replicate it. Gonna wait a few years to see if ford does retro color interiors, but do any of you knowledgeable individuals think they'll make something like this again?

9 minutes ago, probowler said:

My dad has an 88 in this color with red interior, and I'd like to replicate it. Gonna wait a few years to see if ford does retro color interiors, but do any of you knowledgeable individuals think they'll make something like this again?

As far as I know that era Bronco/F-150 was the last time Ford did a true 2-tone paint job like that. No clue if they would consider doing it again or what kind of processes would need to be implemented for it to happen. 

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As far as I know that era Bronco/F-150 was the last time Ford did a true 2-tone paint job like that. No clue if they would consider doing it again or what kind of processes would need to be implemented for it to happen. 

I have absolutely ZERO doubt there will be some buyers that will go and get retro paintjobs applied...

19 minutes ago, probowler said:

awesome...and you can always sent the seats out  to have them  done....my train of  thought is EXACTLY the same....

15 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They still offer 2-tone paint on the F-150 on certain trims (though its the lower portion of the vehicle, not in the middle.  So it's certainly doable.

45 minutes ago, probowler said:

Can always go the vinyl wrap to get this look.

The other two things I saw that I loved...is that you can get a kayak rack (looked like a couple different options) and bike rack (same) directly from the factory. Yeah it drives the price up a bit, but you can finance it then LOL. The other thing really curious about is if they will be able to be used without the top attached

Those are the two things I want...I'm getting my own Kayak hopefully at the end of the year before I get the Bronco, so that will go on it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The other two things I saw that I loved...is that you can get a kayak rack (looked like a couple different options) and bike rack (same) directly from the factory. Yeah it drives the price up a bit, but you can finance it then LOL. The other thing really curious about is if they will be able to be used without the top attached

Those are the two things I want...I'm getting my own Kayak hopefully at the end of the year before I get the Bronco, so that will go on it. 

The bike rack is an option for Ranger currently and I'm honestly tempted. I've really enjoyed having my bike with me this week while we've been out of town. 

44 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

My only thing is I'm unsure about how i feel about the roof rack - it looks massive and ugly, so I'm torn between looks and usefulness/practicality - I totally get that the roof rack would be more practical, but the flat roof will be much more sleek.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

My only thing is I'm unsure about how i feel about the roof rack - it looks massive and ugly, so I'm torn between looks and usefulness/practicality - I totally get that the roof rack would be more practical, but the flat roof will be much more sleek.

In my case (kayak mount) it would need to be removable to be able to park it into a garage. I don't think they'll have a full roof rack like your thinking.